Congrats to Kvitova on taking the US Open Series - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #1
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to Kvitova on taking the US Open Series

Whoda thunk it.

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201208...256076_2898524

Kvitova Into Semis, Clinches The Series

NEW HAVEN, CT, USA - Petra Kvitova was crowned Emirates Airline US Open Series champion at the New Haven Open at Yale on Thursday night, beating fellow Czech lefty Lucie Safarova in the quarterfinals of the Premier tournament to clinch the chance at a $1 million bonus at the US Open.

The No.2-seeded Kvitova never looked in trouble, particularly on serve, hitting 10 aces to no doubles to beat No.8 seed and good friend Safarova, 63 63.

"I've known Lucie for about five years. It's weird to play her, but it wasn't that bad tonight," Kvitova said of her countrywoman. "During the match you don't think about it, you just try to play your best. We both played well tonight."

Kvitova won her first title of the year in Montréal two weeks ago, and last week reached the semifinals of Cincinnati - now she's into her third semifinal in the last three weeks and will finish first in the Emirates Airline US Open Series.

"I'm very proud of this. If someone told me after Wimbledon I would be the champion of the US Open Series, I don't know what I would have told them.

"I don't care about the money - money is not the important thing in the world and in life. I'm just really proud I'm the champion, and glad I've played a lot of good matches and had great results. I'm in the semifinals here in New Haven too. It's all important for my confidence going into the US Open next week."

If Kvitova wins the US Open she will get a $1 million bonus on top of the prize money from the tournament. If she is a runner-up she gets an extra $500,000, semifinalist $250,000, quarterfinalist $125,000, and so on down the rounds.
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote