Christina Aguilera - Where to from here? - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 01:19 PM   #286
Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Christina Aguilera - Lotus outsells Lana and Green Day Hooray!

Not really controversial, it's just embarrassing.
Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 01:56 PM   #287
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Paradise sold 81k, Lotus did 73k. So Xtina didn't exactly outsell Lana.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM   #288
Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 03:15 PM   #289
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.billboard.com/column/char...08025392.story

One Direction Tops Billboard 200 Chart, 'Twilight' Debuts at No. 3
by Keith Caulfield, L.A. | November 21, 2012

As earlier reported, One Direction crashes in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart with its second album, "Take Me Home." The SYCO/Columbia set sold 540,000 copies in its first week according to Nielsen SoundScan, marking the third largest sales frame of the year. Only the debuts of Taylor Swift's "Red" (1.2 million in its bow) and Mumford & Sons' "Babel" (a 600,000-unit start) were larger.

Taylor Swift's "Red" relinquishes the No. 1 slot after a three-week run, falling to No. 2 with 145,000 (down 26%). After four weeks on sale, the set has sold 1.89 million copies.

At No. 3 this week is the second of seven debuts in the top 10, as the soundtrack to "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" bows with 93,000. All five of the soundtracks to the film series have debuted in the top four slots on the chart. The first "Twilight" launched with 165,000 at No. 1 while "New Moon" debuted at No. 2 with 115,000 (before hitting No. 1 the next week with 153,000). "Eclipse" debuted and peaked at No. 2 with 146,000 while "Breaking Dawn Part 1" also peaked where it started: No. 4 with 105,000.

The Weeknd's major label debut album, "Trilogy," arrives in the No. 4 slot this week, shifting 86,000. The Toronto singer's set comprises his three earlier mixtapes ("House of Balloons," "Thursday" and "Echoes of Silence") in addition to a few extra bonus tracks.

The reformed Soundgarden returns to the chart as its first studio set in 16 years, "King Animal," launches at No. 5 with 83,000 and also debuts at No. 1 on Hard Rock Albums. The quartet's last effort, 1996's "Down on the Upside," spent 43 weeks on the list, debuting and peaking at No. 2.

Rod Stewart's holiday set "Merry Christmas, Baby," continues to hold tight in a very busy top 10, as it slips 3-6 -- but with a gain in sales. The set sold 80,000 last week, up 8%. Watch for the album to grow over the next few weeks as Christmas nears.

Pop diva Christina Aguilera blooms at No. 7 with her fifth studio album "Lotus," starting with 73,000. She last visited the top 10 with 2010's "Bionic" -- her previous studio set -- which bowed at No. 3 with 111,000. Later that year, she notched at No. 18 hit with the soundtrack to her film "Burlesque."

The "Now 44" compilation slides 2-8 this week with 70,000 (down 29%) in its second frame, bringing its two-week sales sum to 169,000.

Closing out the top 10 are two more debuts: Green Day's "Dos!" at No. 9 (69,000) and Lana Del Rey's "Paradise" at No. 10 (67,000). The former is the second in a three album series from the band. It follows "Uno!," which debuted and peaked at No. 2 with 139,000 on the Oct. 13 chart. Next up is "Tre!," due out Dec. 11.

As for Del Rey, "Paradise" is her second top 10 this year, after bowing at No. 2 with her debut major label full-length set "Born To Die." The new "Paradise" is an eight song album, which was also offered as part of a deluxe reissue of "Born to Die." In turn, the original "Born to Die" album (now powered by sales from both the original album and the new deluxe version) jumps 79-37 on the chart with 16,000 (up 190%).

Over on the Digital Songs chart, Rihanna's "Diamonds" rises 3-1 for its first week at the top, selling 171,000 (up 19%). PSY's "Gangnam Style" slips 1-2 with 161,000 (down 14%) and Bruno Mars' "Locked Out of Heaven" dips 2-3 with 148,000 (down 5%).

Ke$ha's "Die Young" is steady at No. 4 (133,000; down 4%), the Lumineers' "Ho Hey" rises 8-5 (121,000; up 20%) and Adele's "Skyfall" sizzles 10-6 (120,000; up 32%).

Maroon 5's "One More Night" falls 5-7 (119,000; down 5%), Flo Rida's "I Cry" descends 7-8 (105,000; down 2%) and Phillip Phillips' "Home" holds at No. 9 (103,000; up 6%).

Rounding out the top 10 is a new entry at No. 10 from One Direction, who sees its "Little Things" start with 91,000. It's the second single from the group's No. 1 album "Take Me Home."

Overall album sales in this past chart week (ending Nov. 18) totaled 6.76 million units, up 24% compared with the sum last week (5.45 million) and down 4% compared with the comparable sales week of 2011 (7.04 million). Year-to-date album sales stand at 258.05 million, down 4% compared with the same total at this point last year (268.94 million).

Digital track sales this past week totaled 22.03 million downloads, up 3% compared with last week (21.32 million) and up 1% stacked next to the comparable week of 2011 (21.73 million). Year-to-date track sales are at 1.162 billion, up 6% compared with the same total at this point last year (1.100 billion).

Next week's Billboard 200 competes with the same week in 2011 when: Michael Buble's "Christmas" rose to No. 1, selling 227,000 (up 37%), blocking Nickelback's "Here and Now" from the top. It started in the runner-up slot with just under 227,000.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 04:24 PM   #290
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

she may outsell lana and green day, but not rod stewart

and it's selling worse than bionic.

Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 04:38 PM   #291
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
she may outsell lana and green day, but not rod stewart

and it's selling worse than bionic.
Bionic was ahead of its time, Lotus is...well, blooming ahead of its season.

Last edited by Tennisation : Nov 21st, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 04:55 PM   #292
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

I can't......What is she doing with her career? This is on Kelly and Ciara levels
NashaP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 06:41 PM   #293
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
Paradise sold 81k, Lotus did 73k. So Xtina didn't exactly outsell Lana.
67k, according to the Billboard article
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 06:42 PM   #294
country flag JJ all the way

JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute

the album is really good you guys, cant believe its not selling.....i have a feeling this is going to pick up sales like stripped did. "Just a fool" is awesome single
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:10 AM   #295
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
67k, according to the Billboard article
Paradise is an extension of Born To Die, and BTD shot up the charts to #37 with 16,000 sales.
Added on to the sales of Paradise, that gives Lana a combined total of 85k this week which is more than Lotus.
Sorry Xtine
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:18 AM   #296
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC View Post
Paradise is an extension of Born To Die, and BTD shot up the charts to #37 with 16,000 sales.
Added on to the sales of Paradise, that gives Lana a combined total of 85k this week which is more than Lotus.
Sorry Xtine
You should be sorry that "Lana" has to release an EP in the same year she already dropped her full-length and is still irrelevant on the charts. Even Rihanna doesn't release two ablums in one year.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:32 AM   #297
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry Xtine
Billboard doesn't count it like that, but you can keep trying
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:37 AM   #298
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
You should be sorry that "Lana" has to release an EP in the same year she already dropped her full-length and is still irrelevant on the charts. Even Rihanna doesn't release two ablums in one year.
Lana didn't release two albums this year, Paradise is an EP.
And 3 million sales of Born To Die sold so far (without including sales of Paradise) doesn't indicate "irrelevant on the charts" to me. In fact, she is easily one of the year's biggest sellers. I think you are letting your blind hatred get in the way of facts here.
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:09 AM   #299
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

To call a crossover alternative artist that went from making her own YouTube videos and working on tiny indie labels to selling millions of copies of her first studio album worldwide (and outselling pop stars) irrelevant is just
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:25 AM   #300
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lana didn't release two albums this year, Paradise is an EP.
And 3 million sales of Born To Die sold so far (without including sales of Paradise) doesn't indicate "irrelevant on the charts" to me. In fact, she is easily one of the year's biggest sellers. I think you are letting your blind hatred get in the way of facts here.
Sorry. I forgot how I hear her on the radio all the time. And by all the time I mean never.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote