Watching Maria Live - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 03:26 PM   #1
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all
Watching Maria Live

Thought maybe we could have a thread to discuss our experiences with seeing Maria live in person, be it in a match, training session, practice session etc.

I was due to see Maria live in Wimbledon this year as my friend bought us tickets to Wimbledon Day One on Centre this year. Unfortunately due to the fact that the tickets had been purchased off his Mum's credit card and she wasn't there in person we were denied entrance to Wimbledon. I was soooo devastated, thought I'd missed my chance to see her :'(

However 2 days later after queueing from like 6 in the morning we got into Wimbledon and got tickets for Court 2. Spotted Hoggy while walking around the grounds and stalked his ass to the media centre before he got away hoping we'd see Maria haha. Managed to get return tickets to see Maria-Pironkova for £10 from her being 4-1 down in the first to the end of the day when the match was suspended. So amazing seeing (and hearing) her live, especially since our seats were the first row behind the baseline so we had an amazing view. Filled my phone with pictures and videos (although she's always looking down toward the court!)

It was such an amazing exhilarating experience, almost lost my voice completely in such a tense match. Any one got any other interesting experiences to share?
T496 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 02:48 AM   #2
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watching Maria Live

No experience as of yet, it's my mission to see her sometime in 2013 though.
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #3
country flag Marga.

Marga. has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T496 View Post
Thought maybe we could have a thread to discuss our experiences with seeing Maria live in person, be it in a match, training session, practice session etc.

I was due to see Maria live in Wimbledon this year as my friend bought us tickets to Wimbledon Day One on Centre this year. Unfortunately due to the fact that the tickets had been purchased off his Mum's credit card and she wasn't there in person we were denied entrance to Wimbledon. I was soooo devastated, thought I'd missed my chance to see her :'(

However 2 days later after queueing from like 6 in the morning we got into Wimbledon and got tickets for Court 2. Spotted Hoggy while walking around the grounds and stalked his ass to the media centre before he got away hoping we'd see Maria haha. Managed to get return tickets to see Maria-Pironkova for £10 from her being 4-1 down in the first to the end of the day when the match was suspended. So amazing seeing (and hearing) her live, especially since our seats were the first row behind the baseline so we had an amazing view. Filled my phone with pictures and videos (although she's always looking down toward the court!)

It was such an amazing exhilarating experience, almost lost my voice completely in such a tense match. Any one got any other interesting experiences to share?
Aww. That was nice Happy for you! hopefully I'd finally get a chance to watch her play live as well prolly sometime next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
No experience as of yet, it's my mission to see her sometime in 2013 though.
Same here Added that one to my bucket list
Marga. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #4
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

1. Saw her play Azarenka in Beijing in 2009
2. Saw her play Kuznetsova in Cincy 2010
3. Saw her play Zvonareva in Cincy 2011

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #5
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Ive seen her live Quarter's, semi's and final of Wimbledon 2011 and rounds 1 and 2 of Wimbledon 2012.
I hope to see her live plenty more in the years to come.
I follow all her matches on tv no matter what time they are on i don't miss a second. Been like that since 2004 Stressful at times but wouldn't change it for anything. All worth it when she sank to her knees in triumph at Roland Garros this year. Will never forget that moment.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #6
country flag os400

os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice

anyone ever visit maria at her house?
os400 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #7
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by os400 View Post
anyone ever visit maria at her house?
I'm sure she's probably got one of those houses with a big security gate and a speakerphone so that not just anyone can waltz into her property
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #8
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

I saw her live twice at the US Open in 2009/2010 in the round she played in right before losing (2009 vs McHale, 2010 vs Capra 6-0 6-0), . I was supposed to see her in 2011 US Open but she lost the day I was heading back to NY . And now, the year I'm in f%^&ing Ghana she decides to reach the Semis.

Clearly I need to stop watching/attempt to watch her live.
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:35 AM   #9
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
I saw her live twice at the US Open in 2009/2010 in the round she played in right before losing (2009 vs McHale, 2010 vs Capra 6-0 6-0), . I was supposed to see her in 2011 US Open but she lost the day I was heading back to NY . And now, the year I'm in f%^&ing Ghana she decides to reach the Semis.

Clearly I need to stop watching/attempt to watch her live.
Yep your clearly a jinx
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:00 AM   #10
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

I watched her play Groenefeld & Azarenka & Safina at Kremlin Cup, i don't need to say more
(S) New Haven 2012 (D) AO 2014 (w/Zenith.), Miami 2014

Sharapova Pennetta Hingis Benčič A.Radwańska Williams Golovin Vekić Barthel Šafářová Keys Robson Bouchard Konjuh Davenport
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:10 AM   #11
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
1. Saw her play Azarenka in Beijing in 2009
2. Saw her play Kuznetsova in Cincy 2010
3. Saw her play Zvonareva in Cincy 2011
Fuuuuuuu that's one of my favourites!!

I've seen:
1) Sharapova vs Razzano AO 2011
2) Sharapova vs Goerges AO 2011 (great match!)
3) Sharapova vs Dulko AO 2012

And then a bunch of practice sessions.
God I can't wait til January.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?

Last edited by gc-spurs : Sep 21st, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 08:39 AM   #12
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

1. Saw her play Petkovic in FO 2011.
2. Saw her play Scheepers in OPGDF 2012
3. Saw her play Kerber in OPGDF 2012
4. Saw her play Zakopalova in FO 2012 (easily the worst match I've seen her play, she was so baaaad the weather was a mess I left after the second set and me and my friends decided to watch her on the big screen it was just too tough to watch this shitfest in live)
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 08:40 AM   #13
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Fuuuuuuu that's one of my favourites!!

I've seen:
1) Sharapova vs Razzano AO 2011
2) Sharapova vs Goerges AO 2011 (great match!)
3) Sharapova vs Peer AO 2012

And then a bunch of practice sessions.
God I can't wait til January.
Sharapova never played Peer in Australia
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 09:53 AM   #14
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

This year I saw Maria live for the first time! I saw her play two matches in Rome: QF against Venus and F against Li! Let me tell you that after she missed that FH swinging volley (which gave Na MP) I literally screamed!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:04 PM   #15
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

envy with all of you guys!!

i was supposed to watch Maria in Bali YEC 2010 but she denied her wild card offer *of course*

but managed to see Li Na, Ana Ivanovic, Daniela Hantuchova, Kimiko Date Krumm, Alisa Kleybanova, Yanina Wickmayer, and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova's match.

so far that's the only WTA event i've ever seen live. poor me.

but i have a plan to go watch Maria in Melbourne, Australian Open, maybe in 2014 or 2015. i hope so.

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote