When did you start watching Maria's matches? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: When?

From the beginning (-2004) 16 38.10%
Will she live up to the hype (2005) 10 23.81%
Seen Peakpova (2006-2008) 9 21.43%
How will she come back from injury? (2009-2010) 2 4.76%
Recently (2010-2012) 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #1
country flag Gergo

Gergo is just really nice Gergo is just really nice Gergo is just really nice Gergo is just really nice Gergo is just really nice Gergo is just really nice Gergo is just really nice Gergo is just really nice Gergo is just really nice Gergo is just really nice Gergo is just really nice
When did you start watching Maria's matches?

When?
Gergo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #2
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all
Re: When did you start watching Maria's matches?

The first tennis match I watched and liked was Hantuchova vs Venus Eastbourne 2011 and then I watched Wimby 2011 and was routing for Maria

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #3
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

The first tennis match I watched was epic semifinal between Safin and Federer @ AO 2005 if i'm not mistaken.
The first Maria's match I watched was replay of YEC 2004 final
I wasn't Maria's fan and watched her matches from time to time. Actually I started following Maria's career closely after her comeback in 2009.

and I'll yell and I'll scream at the top of my lungs
and I'll try to show you this is who I've become

Last edited by humanabstract : Aug 24th, 2012 at 12:23 PM.
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #4
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I think I first heard for her at USO 2006. I was watching the ending of that tournament because JJ played against Henin in the semis (and of course lost after a nice lead ). And then I just wanted a cute, sympathetic girl from Russia to win it, because I wanted JJ's loss avenged And that's kind of the beginning of me as a Maria fan. I watched her very irregularly though up until RG 2011 I would say I consider myself a huge fan, and since the first time I saw Maria I always liked her and rooted for her, so it seems almost surreal to me that I actually started watching her in a I-don't-miss-a-single-match fashion that recently...

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #5
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Wimbledon 2005 - RG 2006 then i stopped watching tennis and some of Maria´s matches, i wasn´t a fan of her

from AO 2008 till now, i am following Maria´s career and i became a huge fan also
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #6
Хлоэ
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute Хлоэ has a reputation beyond repute

from 2003

TIPPING CALENDAR. WANT TO BE A MANAGER? JOIN US!
Хлоэ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #7
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

This first match of Maria's (and first ever tennis match!) I watched was against Srebotnik at Wimbledon 2005, and I'e been hooked ever since!
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #8
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

I believe I first watched her when she lost (choked) that RG 2008 match to Safina...
That, and her subsequent loss to peasant Kudryavtseva too I guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #9
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

i first watched maria in 2004 during the wimbly match ; then i didn't watch a lot of her matches but i starded following every single tournament she palyed since 2008

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #10
country flag Emina.

Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute

Emina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #11
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

The first match I saw from her was against Dokic, Wimbledon 2003.
It's gonna be 10 years come Wimbledon next year

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #12
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

I first heard about her at RG 2004 and the first time I watched her play was in the early rounds of Wimbledon 2004.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #13
country flag zigga

zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold zigga is a splendid one to behold

Final of Wimbledon 2004 was the first match I saw from her and I immediately became a fan But I wasn't really a fan of tenis till 2007, so I didn't really follow her that closely until 2007. Since 2007 I try watch as many matches of her as I can.
When she was out with a shoulder injury it was horrible for me. I was following her for a bit more than a year and then 10 months of no matches from Maria
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #14
country flag Charlatan
17 >>> Your Fav

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

The first match that I probably saw from her is wimbledon 04 QF against Sugiyama. I didn't know much about her back then and tennis in general. Became a fan in 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Atomic Bomb View Post
Don't laugh at your superiors. Bow down bitch.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #15
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Australia Open 2004 , i was watching her match vs maybe Myskina , and our constant Eurosport commentator Boris Borovsky told during the match something like " look at this girl, she is probably a next Kournikova with a great future and will be very popular very soon"

it was about a halfyear before Wimbledon 2004 )))
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote