MaKiri in New York - US Open 2012! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 12:46 PM   #31
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Re: MaKiri in New York - US Open 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
Kiri is on Grandstand today, last time she was here was the thrilling Stosur match.

The organizers were wise to put this one on the USTA's most intimate court.
oh yeah, back to the historic place

maria and andi play the 2nd match, after Almagro vs. Sock which starts at 11 AM local time

it's the first meeting between kiri and hlavackova

Andi is no. 82 in the current ranking. She is in good form, she recently reached R3 at Cincy! Earlier this year she also was in R3 at Birmingham and reached R2 at Wimbledon, Madrid and Charleston..

all the best Maria, you can do it, DAVAI

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 08:49 PM   #32
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Maria takes the first set from 4-5* down! 7-5!! great fight!! win it in two!!

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 09:15 PM   #33
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Kiri is having a very tough time with Andrea today. Maria was lucky to win the first set and is down a break in the second set.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 09:23 PM   #34
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hlavackova is serving at 4 - 3 in the second set. Makiri can't seem to shake her.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 09:38 PM   #35
country flag peterlein

Hlavackova just won the 2nd set by 6-4

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 09:46 PM   #36
the cat

Hlavackova won the second set 6 - 4. Andrea was serving at 3 - 2 love - 40 and 5 - 4 love - 30 amd Maria buthered reutnr of serves to lose both key games. She is standing way too deep for Andrea's second serve.

Maria serves first to start the third set and she needs to make it count this time. Kiri also served first the first 2 sets. Kiri's return of serve is terrible against Hlavackova today. Especially her second serve return. Much like it was against Radwanksa at Wimbledon. That cost Kiri a semifinal appearance at Wimbledon this year.

Watching this match online it looks like Andrea is the more impressive player. it would be a shame if Kiri didn't make the second week of the Open. She has alot at stake in this third set and she has alot of pressure to win this set and match while Hlavackova can swing freely. I sure with Kiri was playing Galina instead of Andrea.

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 09:49 PM   #37
the cat

I wonder if Kiri is struggling phsyically today.

On a side note Maria has gone to the headband to start the third set.

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 10:11 PM   #38
the cat

Maria is really struggling and it appears that her left knee is bothering her again. She has that band around it like she used to a couple years ago. Hlavackova is serving at 3 - 2 in the final set. Kiri can't seem to break Andrea today.

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 10:18 PM   #39
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

She's not moving.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 10:40 PM   #40
country flag peterlein

kiri lost

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 10:44 PM   #41
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

What's wrong with her? Have not seen her play so weak since ages, since beginning of 2011 maybe. Played totally without her first serve. I'm so angry right now to be honest.

It was almost like how bad can I play and still win. Well, that level was too low
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 10:58 PM   #42
country flag Kirilenko_Kamp

Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold

No words can express my disappointment in this result. Makiri's two-handed backhand at deuce before match point in the 3rd set. I bet Makiri wished she could have had that shot back.
Kirilenko_Kamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 10:59 PM   #43
the cat

First off I hope Maria's left knee is okay and she can get some rest so she can have a good rest of 2012 in singles. The opportunity is there for her to make the top 10 this year for the first time in her career. But she needs to have a big tournament this fall or no top 10 this year for Makiri.

Today's match was about Maria's return of serve and how terrible it was. Kiri's first serve was also bad. She barely served over 50% when her normal first serve % is in the 60's. That hurt Maria too. But let's face it Hlavackova played well and she won the match by having almost twice as many winners as Maria did. Andrea went for her shots much more than Maria did. Andrea had 45 winners to Kiri's 23. What happened to the Maria from Wimbledon who had over 50 winners in her QF loss to Aga Radwanska?

It really hurts Kiri not having a sold professional coach in matches like these. Kiri's losses at the French open and U.S. Open this year were so dissapointing. But that's Maria. She has highs and lows in her game. Kiri is talented and fragile and those are some of her appealing qualities. But she needs to get her first serve % back into the 60's on a regular basis and she must improve her return of service game if she is to ever make the top 10 and a grand slam semifinal. And there was no way with the way Kiri has been serving and returning serve that she would have been able to beat Serena in the next round. But the experience of playing Williams on Arthur Ashe Stadium Court would have been a great experience for Maria.

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 11:07 PM   #44
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

I'm super disappointes right now. But I think we shouldn't be too negative. It is still a very good year, she can finish in the top 15. If you look at the race 12 is probably the best possible position. Hopefully she will recover and have a good asian swing to finish this year.

But still, this loss should never have happend . Even in the end, if she makes it somehow to 5:5 I can see her squeezing it out. But no
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:35 AM   #45
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

I'm horribly disappointed. I expected better this US Open. I hope she rests up, and I can see better in Asia.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote