'Fan Project' - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:32 PM   #1
country flag kitb
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold
'Fan Project'

Hi guys!!

So here's the thing...
I know 'fan projects' may sometimes seem both good and bad, ace and lame, creative or cliché to some of us, but I would probably be mad at myself for the rest of my life if I did not try something for this very special moment in Kim's career.

We know she's got only one tournament left, and there's still about 4 months before the official Diamond Games farewell.
It's hopefully long enough to think about and create something and to make sure we've got quite a few entries. And the idea would be to try and give it to Kim herself (or someone from her close entourage) at the Diamond Games in Antwerp. Let's not get our hopes too high though, it might not be possible; in this case, it'll be delivered to Kim's own house.

SO: I thought it might be nice to try and do something for our Kimmeke. But what? Lots of things could obviously be suggested and imagined, but I think we should keep it classy, simple, right to the point, rather than photoshop creations or fan-made artworks.

I thought it might be nice to kind of write a paragraph about one or two anecdotes we have in link with Kim's career. It can be lots of things: matches you've attended in real life, matches on TV, anything you want. It just needs to be something personal that you want to share with Kim.
It could also be some kind of reflection on her career.

It should be in English, Dutch or French, 3 languages Kim is fluent in (or can understand).

In addition to the text, I thought it could be a good idea to put some kind of Top 3 or Top 5 moments of Kim's career, but that's just an idea.

Still I'm not gonna go into details too much because I first would like to see if some of you are interested in the idea.
So let me know!
If you guys are up for the 'challenge', I'll post some template models for you to get the idea.

kitb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:40 PM   #2
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future
Re: 'Fan Project'

Years ago a bunch of us from Kim's forum on her website did this when she first retired. Someone from that forum who knew her handed it to her and she loved it. So I think this is a good idea, she'll definitely appreciate it.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #3
country flag wateva

wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute

i wrote one in my tennis blog recently.
no idea if anyone has read it but if you're going to do it, i have one ready.

For the latest match previews and analysis, follow my blog: http://wonderfulwta.blogspot.com/
wateva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #4
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

I would love to do something like this. I think Kim would love to hear about my near heart attacks while watching the AO final last year.