Multi sports thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 01:56 PM   #1
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Multi sports thread

A thread for sports other than WTA tennis, which will hopefully put a stop to the discussions about what is and isn't appropriate for the "continual reference to Caro" thread.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 02:36 PM   #2
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of
Re: Multi sports thread

well, actually i love playing badminton, anyone play badminton here?
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 02:37 PM   #3
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

That Rory pic!

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 03:55 PM   #4
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

What no cycling? No sailing?
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 03:58 PM   #5
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post
well, actually i love playing badminton, anyone play badminton here?
I used too and still remeber being ripped to shreds by my cousin who was at the time a reigning womens doubles Jylland Champion. Like Patrik with Caro, I realised the future right there...
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:27 PM   #6
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
What no cycling? No sailing?
Sure, why not?

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:51 PM   #7
country flag Burisleif

I didn't think the USADA were releacing evidence in the Lance case yet
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 02:27 AM   #8
country flag Yksi

Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Al Bundy - my hero!

Oh, and hello folks.
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 07:59 AM   #9
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yksi View Post
Al Bundy - my hero!

Oh, and hello folks.
Hello and welcome.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM   #10
country flag Yksi

Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of Yksi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Hello and welcome.
Thanks!
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 03:23 PM   #11
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yksi View Post
Al Bundy - my hero!

Oh, and hello folks.
The man is a legend, no doubt about it. Polk High greatest of all time!

Welcome!
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #12
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Lance Armstrong ends fight against doping charges

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19364384

" The US anti-doping agency (USADA) now says it will ban Armstrong from cycling for life and strip him of his seven Tour de France titles. "

I can think of one Dane, who's very happy he's not American

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #13
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The entire history of road cycling has been tainted to such a degree by PED that it's impossible to take the sport seriously.
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #14
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Sad thing with the Lance case. He maintains his innocence but his giving up the fight suggests otherwise. Of course it's not impossible that he's giving up the fight for the reasons he's stating - that it's too much of a burden for his family - but it doesn't fit with his 'warrior' image. That, coupled with the horde of people saying he's guilty, makes it hard to believe in his innocence anymore despite all his negative tests.
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #15
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Sad thing with the Lance case. He maintains his innocence but his giving up the fight suggests otherwise. Of course it's not impossible that he's giving up the fight for the reasons he's stating - that it's too much of a burden for his family - but it doesn't fit with his 'warrior' image. That, coupled with the horde of people saying he's guilty, makes it hard to believe in his innocence anymore despite all his negative tests.
It's nearly impossible that he's innocent when you think about it, unless he's truly a freak of nature. Many of his biggest rivals and contemporaries have been exposed as drug cheats. It's very unlikely that he could beat a peleton of riders who are up to their necks in PED seven times in the toughest road race of them all if he was clean himself.

I think that riders who are active in that sport really face a dilemma. Either take PED which allows you to compete in a more or less even playing field, but run the risk of getting caught and losing it all (including your dignity). Or keep a clear conscience and don't take PED in which case you're only take part to make up the numbers - if you make it to the professional ranks at all, that is.