Gilmore Girls appreciation thread - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #76
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gilmore Girls appreciation thread

Lorelai sure knows how to read history.

The reason she gave the complete Thucydides to Richard on his birthday; 'because a partial history would skip all the dirty stuff'

I'm sure she'll appreciate Gibbon too, since all those dirty stuff Gibbon squirreled on those massive multi-lingual footnotes

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #77
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Trix vs Emily
&
Clara vs Jess

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #78
country flag Javi.

Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Graham was nominated once for Golden Globes and twice for SAG.
Exactly. And she won once Critic Television Awards. But no Emmy nomination
Javi. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #79
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

after Don Draper at an auction now it's Charlie Swan at an inn seminar to be Laurelai's 'prospect'

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #80
country flag Javi.

Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lorelai trying to fit Visigoths into the conversation with Sookie at her thanksgiving dinner is so endearing Maybe she was thinking of you, Javi.

Damn I have to finish this series quick so I can move on to Mad Men season 2 & 3, OC season 2, Californication season 1, & Damages season 3
Maybe I really should buy the whole set of GG to avoid the hassle
Some days ago I've started to rewatching GG from where I left it last time (Middle of Third Season).
Javi. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #81
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

preparing for the deposition;

Rory 'How does Emily run her household?'

Lorelai 'Do you remember the rowing scene in 'Ben Hur'? '

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #82
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi. View Post
Exactly. And she won once Critic Television Awards. But no Emmy nomination
Emmy lost all credibility to me Not even nominated once..were other actresses THAT good?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #83
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Emily reading Lorelai's disposition;

attorney; 'Would you call your mother an extremely critical woman?'

Lorelai; "Long Pause"

of course Emily was disappointed!

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #84
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
So, is Rory going to Harvard or Yale?
so I browsed some korean blog posts about this drama and met with a spoiler..she's going to Yale And she'll be dating with a son of a millionaire? Typical Korean drama in that respect

And they of course ALL had a say about it's negative portrayal of Korea

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #85
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Dear Emily and Richard
When Sherry goes into labor and asks Rory to be with her at the hospital, Lorelai is reminded of the day Rory was born. Flashbacks tell the story of 16-year-old Lorelai as she learns she is pregnant, decides not to marry Christopher, and ultimately leaves home with her new baby.

This must be one of the most poignant TV episodes I've ever seen Lorelai

And I really could appreciate the fear woman in labor would feel..having loved ones present would be a BIG help..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 04:51 AM   #86
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Rory...is picking up a fight against Jess about his black eye at Emily's house, when Jess is trying to make a good impression for Emily..unbelievable

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #87
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

So Lorelai was explaining Emily's behavior to Richard.
Then Richard begins snickering and wonders if Trix's lover was wearing a Nike shoe.
Lorelai of course catches it and says

' "Just do it" takes on a whole new meaning, doesn't it?'

I can't

Then Richard muses about Emily hiding behind the bushes and thinks it's like a Moliere.

Now, I MUST read plays by Moliere GG is SO educational!

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #88
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

so by the end of the 3rd season Lorelai is 'juggling' Alex, Luke, & Max. Nice job

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #89
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

gilmore girls one of my favourite shows on tv

soapnet has "breakfast in bed" on sundays, so i make my bf watch it with me

third season is the best one! hope you liked it.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #90
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild.river View Post
gilmore girls one of my favourite shows on tv

soapnet has "breakfast in bed" on sundays, so i make my bf watch it with me

third season is the best one! hope you liked it.
Is that a program or an episode?

Yeah, I guess the high school period is always the best one.

- Woodrow Wilson