Gilmore Girls appreciation thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 02:02 AM   #31
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gilmore Girls appreciation thread

Lorelai, Dean, Sookie, Lane were watching one group of Chilton kids perform a certain act of R & J;

in a prehistoric background, replete with grunting

'what's with all the grunting?'

'Luke will translate for us'

and...Brad, that poor boy, Tristin's 2nd, transferred schools

So Tristin's gone, and enter Liza as a Romeo, a shorter Romeo than Juliet
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Aug 23rd, 2012 at 02:10 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 02:30 AM   #32
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

the whole groups guest had to cancel the flight due to getting snowed-in.

So all that dinner preparation for them at Independence Inn was in vain; Lorelai, Sookie, & Rory decides to eat those at the huge dining room.

Lorelai; 'Like The Shining, except instead of Jack Nicholson, we have Rune'

..and I also tend to drink coffee more often
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Aug 23rd, 2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 04:37 AM   #33
country flag fantic

Richard in Stars Hollow episode in Season 2;

Rory's room is exactly like mine, storing books all over the place
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:59 AM   #34
country flag fantic

Now on to that Basket lunch episode; Jess is still a jerk

Then he says Ayn Rand is a political nut!!

Jess I absolve your sins

Andy Rory defending Jess to Lorelai and thinking Fountainhead is a classic...she's getting on my nerves
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:17 AM   #35
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
Shocked you did not know about this Fantic. The pop culture references (esp. classic film) are really great and they are all through every season.
I just finished watching season 7 (probably the 100th time I have watched all the seasons through) and I still find them entertaining. Things start to take a dive in season 6 but 1-5 is classic.

About the Korean thing: the Laine character is based off one of the producers on the show who was friends with the creator, so Laine/Mrs Kim is kind of an overdone version of that woman's upbringing so not really a comment on all Koreans.
yeah but I'm just watching the episode in which Mrs. Kim does a volte face upon hearing from Lane that Henry is a future doctor..and that antique biz too, emphasizing the materialistic side..well, Park Chunghee autocrat military regime during the 1960s and 70s did strive for economic success to compensate for its lack of political mandate..so Koreans did acquire that 'economic animal' epithet following the Japanese

And to think that Korea(Chosun dynasty that lasted 500 yrs until 1910) was the ultimate Confucian state (more so than China)..one of the least materialistic regimes ever (Chosun dynasty really denigrated merchants and scientists)

Are Japanese and Chinese depicted in that negative manner? This isn't the first time that in American TV Korean (or its product) are portrayed in said manner..can't say I'm too comfortable with it

maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I feel it's like Jews:Europe=Korean:USA , the 'pattern' seems kinda similar here damn, Europe is too extreme(after all they killed Jews for 'sport' from time to time!), should substitute to USA I guess. Jews->Korean in the USA. That kind of 'subtle' discrimination..(vide Kazan's 'Gentlemen's Agreement')
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Aug 23rd, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:20 AM   #36
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute
I love this show.
The dialogues, all these references and some amazing characters.

However I've only watched seasons 1-3 so far. I need to watch the rest.
Is season 4 as good as the previous?
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:33 AM   #37
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
I love this show.
The dialogues, all these references and some amazing characters.

However I've only watched seasons 1-3 so far. I need to watch the rest.
Is season 4 as good as the previous?
Comrade! I'm a little behind you though

Well it's natural that Rory is attracted to Jess I guess. Both luv literature, likely high-minded, so. Even acting like jerks Birds of a feather truly flock together!
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:46 AM   #38
country flag fantic

It seems moving school didn't help Brad to escape Paris' wrath, she just challenged a mano-to-mano debate and Brad uttered 'oh God' in dismay

Lorelai and Sookie just noticed Brad shaking and looking pale and commenting on it L is too cruel
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Aug 23rd, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:00 AM   #39
country flag fantic

Rory quotes Proust;

'Having company is about making sacrifices'

On Lorelai's selfishness in holding their leftover candies from the guests, Christopher and Sherrie.

Lorelai asks if it's from Martha Stewart

You gotta luv this show
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Aug 23rd, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM   #40
country flag fantic

One of the small delights of watching this series is Lorelai's t shirts or sweaters, the designs on it
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Aug 23rd, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:34 AM   #41
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Well, there's Internet.
Do I use...oh wait.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:56 AM   #42
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm X View Post
Do I use...oh wait.
someone is grumpy here
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:50 PM   #43
country flag fantic

Michel as a secret courier of new album to Lane with a jogging outfit wearing a hood
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 07:09 PM   #44
country flag fantic

Lorelai to Rory; 'Can I at least call Jess Tess for a while?'
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:25 PM   #45
country flag fantic

Michel with his impeccable suit, also Barney from HIMYM..these are my favorite characters and I don't even ever wear suits
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles