Gilmore Girls appreciation thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 01:35 PM   #16
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gilmore Girls appreciation thread

i always quite liked this show (apart from the god-awful, yellow-tinted title sequence with that crap song), especially paris, kirk and lane but i also thought the love stories were terrible and lorelai and rory always picked the most retarded and annoying guys.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 02:03 PM   #17
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
What tv shows do you like ?

I loved this show ! Couldn't get past S2 (didn't find the episodes online with subtitles nor cheap DVDs ), but I loved it ! God Dean was so fucking annoying the dialogues are witty and funny, really a nice show to watch.
Do I watch TV?
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:41 PM   #18
country flag Javi.

Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute

Just a few examples why I love GG so much:

Javi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM   #19
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm X View Post
Do I watch TV?
Well, there's Internet.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:03 PM   #20
country flag The Crow
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Lorelai is one of my fav Tv-characters ever. Witty and neurotic
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:06 PM   #21
country flag Saori Kimura Fan

Saori Kimura Fan is a name known to all Saori Kimura Fan is a name known to all Saori Kimura Fan is a name known to all Saori Kimura Fan is a name known to all Saori Kimura Fan is a name known to all Saori Kimura Fan is a name known to all Saori Kimura Fan is a name known to all Saori Kimura Fan is a name known to all Saori Kimura Fan is a name known to all Saori Kimura Fan is a name known to all Saori Kimura Fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
What tv shows do you like ?

I loved this show ! Couldn't get past S2 (didn't find the episodes online with subtitles nor cheap DVDs ), but I loved it ! God Dean was so fucking annoying the dialogues are witty and funny, really a nice show to watch.
I wish I had known, you could have had the box set I turfed in the bin. (Blue bin of course, I think that's the correct one one for recycling. We've got more colored bins now than there are snooker balls).

I tried, but I just couldn't get into it at all. One good point for me was Liza Weil (quite attractive and a decent little actress).

There's is one thing I'd love to know though. Did that guy wearing the baseball cap EVER take it off in any episode? SORRY guys, not trying to be a thread nazi.
Saori Kimura Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:36 PM   #22
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Hell yessssss team _ _ _ _ S_ O _ _ _ R all the way! I hateeeeeeeeeed the other one

Anyway the best character by far is Emily! That woman is something else
What the hell is that? Oh wait..Chris... Don't worry about the spoilers, it's all right

Thx for all your replies! It really is a wonderful dramedy, just LOVE the witty banters I definitely would want to have Lorelai as a (girl)friend

Don't be shocked of my ignorance of this gem, I wasn't that into american TV dramas until recently I did see this dvd set at the local used dvd store (it's now closing ) but didn't pay attention, should have to thank the library for having the full set! I originally intended to borrow Downton Abbey but it wasn't there, so this was an alternate choice

And SO much hate for Dean!! Did he become a nuisance in the later seasons? He doesn't look so bad so far (I just got into the earlier portion of season 2). Well, Jess..so far he's a total jerk but I guess girls luv this kind of 'dangerous' guys

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:25 PM   #23
country flag Javi.

Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute

^ Dean is bland, boring and flat as a character. Jess is way more interesting: mysterious, dangerous, witty. Although he does not speak very much, he can intellectually challenge Rory.
Anyway you've got to go deeper in the second season and third to know him better.

You're so lucky, you've got still so much to watch
Javi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:42 PM   #24
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi. View Post

Reminds me, I need to use this GIF way more often

Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:04 PM   #25
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

yeah that scene was awesome

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:37 PM   #26
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
What the hell is that? Oh wait..Chris... Don't worry about the spoilers, it's all right
I at least kept the long name version to make it somehow more difficult to guess

Jess was sooooooo annoying, I never understood the love that character got. Always carrying a book around trying to play the cool new fancy guy, Milo probably hasn't even read more than 3 books in his life.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:28 AM   #27
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

yeah Jess was annoying and was trying to look too 'cool' I'll see how his character evolves in the later episodes

Right now watching Romeo & Juliet meeting, poor Brad
Lizel saying Rory looks good dead as one of the reasons for Rory to be Juliet
I do think Lizel looks too old for her part though Louise and Madeline are dead-on imo

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:29 AM   #28
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Michel as a paranoid calorie-watcher, I can't

Mrs. Kim's interpretation of Romeo and Juliet;

cautionary tale of what happens when children disobey their parents

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:41 AM   #29
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

somehow I can't adjust to Tristin being a bad boy, after watching One Tree Hill

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:47 AM   #30
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future

DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote