US Open 2012 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 05:36 PM   #1
country flag kitb
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold
US Open 2012

We're still a week away from the proper tourney, but have a look at Kim's LAST tennis outfit!

Apparently, the bigger stars with tennis balls on the inside represent Kim's GS wins (4 thus ^^), and the empty big stars represent Kim's partnership with Fila (11 for 11 years)

Last edited by kitb : Aug 21st, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
kitb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 09:18 PM   #2
country flag Sarah<Kim-fan>

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2012

wow, that's, euhm, flashy

anyway, I'm leaving for my holiday tomorrow, and visiting the US Open next Wednesday!!
can't wait! Really hope to see Kim, especially now she's playing singles, doubles and mixed, I'd be kind of disappointed if she wasn't playing at all that day!
Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 01:13 PM   #3
country flag Barty_Tennisfan

Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice

Nice outfit!!!
Can't believe it's her last tournament ever
Barty_Tennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Hashim.

Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute

R3..Na vs Kim..just the match I did not want. I am afraid it gets over in that round.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM   #5
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

So Kim basically got a nightmare draw....

If I got this right, it's:
R1: Duval
R2: Robson
R3: Na
R4: Stosur
Q: Azarenka

Oh well, if Kim is going to win this thing she has to beat the best...

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:01 PM   #6
Hashim.

Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. This is like the worst draw ever.
Hypothetically speaking its Na, Stosur, Azarenka, Sharapova/Kvitova and Serena. That is like the toughest draw ever. This might the worst draw she has ever had

Na is in amazing form(+ the presence of Carlos gives me the creeps so I am going to be a train wreck in that match) while Kim hasn't even played any warm up. I really don't see it happening since errorNa is missing.

I was really hoping for a 4R/QF but I guess it was not meant to be.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:01 PM   #7

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

[9] Li Na - Heather Watson
Qualifier - Casey Dellacqua
Qualifier - Laura Robson
[WC] Victoria Duval - [23] Kim Clijsters

Varvara Lepchenko - Mathilde Johansson
Qualifier - [WC] Julia Cohen
Qualifier - Qualifier
Petra Martic - [7] Sam Stosur

Thank You, Kim
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:50 PM   #8
country flag kitb
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold kitb is a splendid one to behold

It's one horrible draw indeed but you know what, let's embrace that haha
It's gonna be tough, but in the end, you have to win those matches if you wanna hold the trophy. And if Kim manages to get past Li, why couldn't she beat Azarenka and then Sharapova? And then who knows in the final? Think about last year's final...
But I suppose we'll have to take it one match at a time...

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #9
country flag tennisfan5

tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future

Just wanted to say I was at Us Open qualies this evening, and before I went to check out the matches, I decided to stroll over to the Grandstand and Armstrong and see if any players were practicing. When I got to Armstrong, on the far end of the court was an obviously recreational female player-I was wondering why people were gathered to watch. Then I realized that she was hitting with Kim! Kim was just hitting with a bunch of rec players--was so nice! She is really classy and I will miss her.
tennisfan5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #10
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

I think we have to be realistic here. Let's face it, she isn't winning the US Open. Let's just hope that she doesn't get slaughtered by Na Li in the 3rd round (like the Kerber match at Wimbledon) because nobody wants to see a champion like Kim say goodbye in such fashion.

I hope she'll have fun playing doubles and mixed doubles. Who is her female partner??
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #11
country flag kitb
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brαm View Post
I hope she'll have fun playing doubles and mixed doubles. Who is her female partner??
It should be Kirsten Flipkens

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #12
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future

This draw is so terrible. I don't mind Stosur, but I hate her matches with Li. I just hope she gives a good showing.
borrowedheaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #13

No snub this time! Kim and Flipkens were awarded a doubles wildcard today.

Thank You, Kim
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #14
country flag Kimking

Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light Kimking is a glorious beacon of light

To be honest I'd rather Kim focuses on singles and mixed doubles.
Kimking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #15
country flag jpol

jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light

Not optimistic about Kim's chances. Hopefully she enjoys herself and can maybe have a good run in doubles.
jpol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote