Kiri in New Haven! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #61
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all
Re: Kiri in New Haven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slampova View Post
One step closer to the top 10 Kiri

Good luck tomorrow
Thank you, so good to hear, especially from a Big Masha fan . I hope for more matches between these two, they are always so exciting . Just a different outcome than the last two would be nice

Good luck later today, I can't watch it, but a title would be sooo cool! Anyway, great season, being a fan never felt so good
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #62
country flag Kirilenko_Kamp

Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Makiri in making the Finals!!! Saw Kvitova match against Errani. She looks in good form heading to the US Open. I was hoping her last match would last 3 sets, but Errani couldn't handle her firepower.
Unless, Kvitova struggles with her forehand, Makiri well have her work cut out for her. I hope she uses the variety in her game to keep Kvitova off balanced. Like the backhand slice, drop shot, net volleys, etc. I bet if Makiri loses the 1st set, she'll take an extra-long bathroom break before the 2nd set starts. Letting Kvitova sit there on court baking in the sun while waiting for her.

Btw, did you know if Makiri wins today, it will be her first singles title in the USA??? Just thought you would like to know.
Kirilenko_Kamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #63
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Maria better lift her game fast. Kiri is serving 1 - 3 in the first set. Petra's game point to go up 3 - 1 was and incredible forehand blast that nearly knowcked the racquet out of Kiri's hand. Makiri better start to change the pace so Petra starts missing alot more.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #64
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

Ovi should bark after every point Maria wins as she's too nice to do it. Kvitova is barking like if someone just cut her throat and it's even worse than during the fed cup...
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #65
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirivanovic View Post
Ovi should bark after every point Maria wins as she's too nice to do it. Kvitova is barking like if someone just cut her throat and it's even worse than during the fed cup...
yeah her barks are so annoying...

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #66
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Kiri lost such a tough first set. But I really believe Maria is a different and better player than she's ever been.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #67
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

well, I am done...5-2 and kvitty still wins it in two

that hurts so much, what a tough loss this was

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #68
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
well, I am done...5-2 and kvitty still wins it in two

that hurts so much, what a tough loss this was
Brutal loss for Kiri. Not even to win a set today is an injustice to Maria. But she has only herself and her serve to blame for that. Kiri seemed to wilt in the second set. Not to take it to a third set to make Petra sweat and suffer is a mistake Kiri will regret. Kvitova may have been so upset by losing the second set that she might have tanked the third set worrying about the U.S. Open. I don't want to be harsh on Kiri because she took a power pounding from Kvitova today and Maria really hung in there. That was impressive. It's just a shame she lost the final in straight sets. Kiri really did not deserve that. But that's tennis.

As for Kiri's U.S. Open I think this loss will hang with her for a while. Kvitova was beatable today and Kiri could have done it. Still no singles titles for Maria for almost 4 years. Her losing the second set like that today reminded me of the old Kiri.

Last edited by the cat : Aug 25th, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #69
country flag peterlein

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Brutal loss for Kiri. Not even to win a set today is an injustice to Maria. But she has only herself and her serve to blame for that. Kiri seemed to wilt in the second set. Not to take it to a third set to make Petra sweat and suffer is a mistake Kiri will regret. Kvitova may have been so upset by losing the second set that she might have tanked the third set worrying about the U.S. Open.

As for Kiri's U.S. Open I think this loss will hang with her for a while. Kvitova was beatable today and Kiri could have done it. Still no singles titles for Maria for almost 4 years. Her losing the second set like that today reminded me of the old Kiri.
well, you could be right, but don't forget, her opponent was not knapp, zakopalova or schiavone...
maria played against an in-form world's number 5! you first have to come in a 5-2 lead situation...
in some sense, I believe kiri will be even more motivated for the US Open now!
and she will win a title soon if she stays patient and continues to play like this, it's only a matter of time

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #70
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
well, you could be right, but don't forget, her opponent was not knapp, zakopalova or schiavone...
maria played against an in-form world's number 5! you first have to come in a 5-2 lead situation...
in some sense, I believe kiri will be even more motivated for the US Open now!
and she will win a title soon if she stays patient and continues to play like this, it's only a matter of time
I hope you are right and this final motivates Maria. But she had some breaks this tournament and still couldn't win. Petra has a huge upside and is off to a great start in her career. But she was beatable today even as powerful and as skilled as she is. And it was sad to see Kiri lose another sizable lead in a set in a big match.

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #71
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I agree she won't and can't beat herself too much over this loss. While as fans we're impatient to see her win a tourney for the first time in 4 years, she's just not going to put too much of herself into an event a week before the US Open and let this get to her.

Some of the postmatch press conference is here, and quote from the article: http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...txt?viewmode=2

Quote:
“Yeah, even if I lost today, I still feel positive,” Kirilenko said. “I played really well this week. I played a good match today. Unfortunately, I was unlucky. But I have a couple days to recover because I know that I’m playing Tuesday (at the U.S. Open).”
Also a good quote on what went wrong beyond just being "unlucky":

Quote:
“She just played a couple lines, long lines,” Kirilenko said. “The ball went so fast, I couldn’t really think. It was a couple important points. Then she started to play a little bit differently. She didn’t hit the ball as hard as she did in the first set. She just tried to make long rallies. I was not too patient. I had to be more patient and wait for the easy ball to finish. Sometimes I chose the wrong ball to hit a winner.”
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #72
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
Yeah, I agree she won't and can't beat herself too much over this loss. While as fans we're impatient to see her win a tourney for the first time in 4 years, she's just not going to put too much of herself into an event a week before the US Open and let this get to her.

Some of the postmatch press conference is here, and quote from the article: http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...txt?viewmode=2

Also a good quote on what went wrong beyond just being "unlucky":
It's more than being unlucky. Maria has lost many matches like the New Haven final before. Kiri lost a tough first set yet shook that off to lead 5 - 2 in the second set with 2 breaks of serve then pretty much melted down losing 5 straight games. Sadly Maria has done this many times before. It is great Makiri is so close to the top 10 now after 10 years on tour but she really could have and should have won yesterday. It's a damn shame she didn't. There is no question the pressure go to Maria when she was up 2 breaks at 5 -2 in the second set. She admitted that in her post match video press conference. But why would she get nervous then? She was playing well and Petra wasn't. Then Kiri lost 5 straight games.

Last edited by the cat : Aug 26th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #73
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
It's more than being unlucky.
Sure, absolutely, and I think the overall press conference suggests to me that she knows that.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #74
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation

Chokelenko again? Good week all around, just keep on playing well and she will be get at least 1 title in the Asian tournaments.