Length of College Competition in DI Championship tournament. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 16th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #1
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
Length of College Competition in DI Championship tournament.

College baseball
The longest college baseball game was played between Texas and Boston College on May 30, 2009, in a regional NCAA Division I Baseball Championship tournament game at Austin, Texas. Texas won the game, 3-2, in 25 innings as the visiting team under NCAA tournament rules on home-team declaration during a tournament. The game lasted seven hours three minutes.[12][13] Wikipedia

but the committee states

the proposed format changes would benefit the championships, coaches and student-athletes in the following ways:
(a) The current length of a dual match can reach 4.5 hours. No other sport requires a student-athlete to physically compete for this duration of time. These changes would allow dual matches to consistently be played in three hours.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 16th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #2
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
Re: Length of College Competition in DI Championship tournament.

As a personal observation that I'd like to hear other opinions about are most of your treasured memory matches of college tennis about matches that were longer or shorter than 3 hours?

Of course, I didn't keep time records of my favorite matches, but in thinking about it, the memory of matches that I treasure, were the longer matches, and I've forgotten most of the shorter matches.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote