Us Open 2012 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #1
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Us Open 2012

Thought I'd better start a thread considering it's only 2 weeks away.

Main Draw

[6] Samantha Stosur
Jarmila Gajdosova

Qualifying

Casey Dellacqua
Olivia Rogowska
Anastasia Rodionova
Sacha Jones
Monique Adamczak

* Barty and Bella are in alternates but have basically no chance at all to make it in.
* Casey is only 4 out of the main draw so with some luck may get IN and free up a WC for Olivia (presumably)
* Bobusic and Ar.Rodionova probably would have made qualies but never entered? Strange for Bojana considering she has friends in the states. I know she pulled out injured her last tournament but she hadn't even entered before that?
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 05:12 AM   #2
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us Open 2012

Also just saw that Casey has entered Dallas qualifying and Olivia hasn't which pretty much confirms that she will be getting the wildcard.
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #3
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

So Casey is sure that she will get into MD?

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #4
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Im so worried about Sam here it is going to drive her nuts being defending champion and with her form cant see her going deep
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #5
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Any chance someone can work out a breakdown of what Sam's ranking will plummet to if she loses in each round?
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #6
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Any chance someone can work out a breakdown of what Sam's ranking will plummet to if she loses in each round?
Roughly (and assuming no more points at Cincinatti this week):

R1 3605 (11th)
R2 3700 (10th)
R3 3760 (9th)
R4 3880
QF 4100
SF 4500
FI 5000 (8th)
W 5600 (6th)
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #7
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Thank you. I suppose worst case scenario- a ranking of 11 isn't so bad.
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 01:58 AM   #8
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Thank you. I suppose worst case scenario- a ranking of 11 isn't so bad.
That's comforting actually. I think at this stage given Sam's past efforts in the 2 big Asian events after the Us Open we can kiss the YEC this year goodbye though.
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 02:42 AM   #9
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

As expected, Casey got the wildcard.

That was as certain as Sam losing her 1st round match at the AO this year. i.e., 99.9% certain Told yas.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #10
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
As expected, Casey got the wildcard.

That was as certain as Sam losing her 1st round match at the AO this year. i.e., 99.9% certain Told yas.
if Casey gets in the MD and we miss out all together i'll be PISSED.
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #11
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Is Barty playing juniors? Hopefully she will.
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #12
country flag Consigliere

Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold

I'd say Ash will get a qwc like last year.
Consigliere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 08:06 AM   #13
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Surely she knew she wouldn't get a MDWC if she doesn't play any lead up tournaments. But she did say she was looking to play at USO next on her twitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Is Barty playing juniors? Hopefully she will.
Not in EL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consigliere View Post
I'd say Ash will get a qwc like last year.
Isn't there only 1 QWC spot left? And why would they give it to her?
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #14
country flag Consigliere

Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold Consigliere is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Surely she knew she wouldn't get a MDWC if she doesn't play any lead up tournaments. But she did say she was looking to play at USO next on her twitter.

Not in EL.

Isn't there only 1 QWC spot left? And why would they give it to her?
*shrug*
Consigliere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #15
country flag TS

Does the qualifying draw come out tonight/early tomorrow morning(our time)?

Hopefully a good placement for the girls.

Go Livvy, get that top 100 spot!