Rule Changes - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #31
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
Re: Rule Changes

#notrealtennis #footballw/o4thQuarter "(d) contest singles matches as best two-out-of-three sets, while using a super tiebreaker (first player to 10 points) for the third set"

#noconfidence

Last edited by 2nd_serve : Aug 15th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #32
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Drawing in more spectators this way?

As much it is exciting in a supertiebreak, think of the "She could've won had this gone to a 3rd set" kinds of comments. I think a 3rd set is equally exciting.

I don't understand it. Tennis is at a great position now, even in college tennis. Look, we have thriving websites and forums and blogs just dedicated to college tennis. It's never going to expand to the likes of football or basketball just because of the rules of the game.

While it may benefit certain players over others, I think that would lead to a homogenization of games. Coaches would then recruit players who have good serves, are aggressive, etc. And that would actually kill interest in tennis, imo.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #33
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
so, ultimately, qui bono? Stanford
I thought you studied Latin.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #34
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hayley Carter ‏@_hayleycarter_
Dear NCAA, Your new college tennis rules are dumb. Sincerely, A Loser of 99% of all 10-point tiebreakers I've ever played

I know the feeling.

Even the incoming freshmen are upset about this. There's no way they'll go through with it while literally every single player I've seen so far is telling them they don't support it.
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #35
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

I also think this greatly reduces the chances of players (like Allie Kiick and Sam Crawford) going to college who are on the fence between turning pro playing at the collegiate level. There is just no point if you're playing super breakers for third sets. We're going to see a dramatic drop in the level of college tennis in the next few years methinks.
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #36
country flag Tenniswish

Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice

If this ever happens in the regular season, tennis teams are going to start playing doubleheaders like softball teams do. Many tennis teams do this already because of the limit on dates of competition, but with a shortened format, it could happen a lot more.
Tenniswish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #37
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenniswish View Post
If this ever happens in the regular season, tennis teams are going to start playing doubleheaders like softball teams do. Many tennis teams do this already because of the limit on dates of competition, but with a shortened format, it could happen a lot more.

Agreed. Especially when the current ranking system seems to penalize teams that play fewer matches.
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #38
country flag 2nd_serve

The positive is it has been the inspiration for some good tweets.

We might as well just play rock, paper, scissors now for the third set #notcool @WPKay
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #39
country flag 2nd_serve

I play tennis for tennis, not for tv coverage and frat boy attendance. Playing a tb for a third set compromises the integrity of the sport!
@Gibbsyyy
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #40
country flag 2nd_serve

Dear NCAA, Your new college tennis rules are dumb. Sincerely, A Loser of 99% of all 10-point tiebreakers I've ever played. @_hayleycarter_
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #41
country flag 2nd_serve

If matches > 3 hrs are the problem w/ getting NCAA tennis televised, then why haven't Individual finals been on TV since 08? They're < 3 @zootennis
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #42
country flag 2nd_serve

It is unfortunate that in this era media accessibility and popularity trumps the best interests of those student athletes who have Sacrificed much to achieve their dreams. You can't sell your program as a stepping stone to pro tennis with super breakers for a third set
@BradleyKlahn
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #43
country flag 2nd_serve

Can't change the length of matches without dramatically effecting the athletes @nataliePluskota
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #44
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenniswish View Post
I think it is pretty bad form to "out" someone if you did happen to know who they are while posting under an alias yourself. Okay, I guess I didn't ignore your effort to identify me. Maybe right, maybe wrong.[/u][/b]
I think you outed yourself when you created the handle "Tenniswish" and ardently and eloquently defended yourself in a post criticizing you. It doesn't exactly take Sherlock Holmes to put two and two together there. Anyway I think it's good that people here know who you are. It gives your posts credibility.

Good luck this season.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #45
country flag 2nd_serve

The NCAA Division I format changes, complete and in writing: http://bit.ly/MyLBX1 ” Sad day for college tennis @SJohnson_89