US Open 2012: New Yoooooork, Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of! - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:47 PM   #151
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2012: New Yoooooork, Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of!

I don't know why people bear too much on Maria's results here, other than last years flop there really hasn't been too many bad losses. Her Oudin and She-who-mst-not-be-named losses were due to her shoulder, and there was no shame in losing to Wozniacki at that time.

I mean before this season, people said she would never win a Slam and that last year's clay run was a fluke. Now most people think she'll win another couple RG's and AO's, despite also having flopped there for a couple of years.

We can only wait and see but Maria hasn't had one scrub loss this season and has won enough matches to do well here. Plus her serving in the wind has dramatically improved this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:21 PM   #152
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I don't know why people bear too much on Maria's results here, other than last years flop there really hasn't been too many bad losses. Her Oudin and She-who-mst-not-be-named losses were due to her shoulder, and there was no shame in losing to Wozniacki at that time.
TBH, her matches vs Wozniacki and Pennetta were textbook examples of why she keeps flopping there lately. For some reason she simply forgets to use the width of the court and plays even more lineair than 2010 Azarenka. I've only really noticed her doing this at the US Open in recent years, I have no idea why but I think she's struggling with a growing mental block which probably started with the Oudin match and has lasted up to last year.
Quote:
We can only wait and see but Maria hasn't had one scrub loss this season and has won enough matches to do well here. Plus her serving in the wind has dramatically improved this year.
But this is very much true, which gives me a little bit more hope.

Though I'm not sure Radwanska isn't a scrub.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:49 PM   #153
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I mean before this season, people said she would never win a Slam and that last year's clay run was a fluke. Now most people think she'll win another couple RG's and AO's, despite also having flopped there for a couple of years.

These are the crucial things for me too. People keep pointing out how shitty her record is there in recent years, but the crucial thing for me is that this has been her best season since 2006 at virtually every other tournament, so why wouldn't it also be her best tournament at the US Open since '06 too?

She's been so consistent this year that I just don't see her losing before the QFs this time (except unless perhaps she draws one of the REALLY dangerous Loomers), and it definitely wouldn't SHOCK me to see her win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
TBH, her matches vs Wozniacki and Pennetta were textbook examples of why she keeps flopping there lately. For some reason she simply forgets to use the width of the court and plays even more lineair than 2010 Azarenka. I've only really noticed her doing this at the US Open in recent years, I have no idea why but I think she's struggling with a growing mental block which probably started with the Oudin match and has lasted up to last year
Although that's true for those two matches, I just think they happened to be two shitty matches that she played (which she was sprinkling all over the place in 2010 and 2011) rather than it being BECAUSE of the tournament she was playing at I know there's a few people who say she feels more "pressure" there because of how many endorsements she has in America, but I really don't buy that.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:53 PM   #154
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
These are the crucial things for me too. People keep pointing out how shitty her record is there in recent years, but the crucial thing for me is that this has been her best season since 2006 at virtually every other tournament, so why wouldn't it also be her best tournament at the US Open since '06 too?

She's been so consistent this year that I just don't see her losing before the QFs this time (except unless perhaps she draws one of the REALLY dangerous Loomers), and it definitely wouldn't SHOCK me to see her win the title.

Although that's true for those two matches, I just think they happened to be two shitty matches that she played (which she was sprinkling all over the place in 2010 and 2011) rather than it being BECAUSE of the tournament she was playing at I know there's a few people who say she feels more "pressure" there because of how many endorsements she has in America, but I really don't buy that.
That's a load of bull This is Maria we're talking about.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:07 AM   #155
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute
Draw coming out today!
Kon. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:12 AM   #156
country flag Charlieflip
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all

Just crossed fingers that she wont be on the same half as Serena. Then she will be easy to the final.

Ivanovic|Cornet|Bartoli|Radwanska|Hantuchova
Charlieflip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:19 AM   #157
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieflip View Post
Just crossed fingers that she wont be on the same half as Serena. Then she will be easy to the final.
she can't Masha is 3rd seed, Serena is 4th
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:23 AM   #158
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes, I hope she won't have another 4R exit. Wish Svetlio could open the thread.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 11:55 AM   #159
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

Yes draw coming out!!!!

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 11:58 AM   #160
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!!!
Time to rock the big apple again champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:06 PM   #161
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Another two hours to wait.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:27 PM   #162
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

It's 3 hours and a half until the draw. Am I correct?

and I'll yell and I'll scream at the top of my lungs
and I'll try to show you this is who I've become
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:35 PM   #163
country flag za091021

za091021 is a glorious beacon of light za091021 is a glorious beacon of light za091021 is a glorious beacon of light za091021 is a glorious beacon of light za091021 is a glorious beacon of light za091021 is a glorious beacon of light za091021 is a glorious beacon of light za091021 is a glorious beacon of light za091021 is a glorious beacon of light za091021 is a glorious beacon of light za091021 is a glorious beacon of light

Pleast into the quarters!!!stop making early exit.
za091021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:38 PM   #164
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanabstract View Post
It's 3 hours and a half until the draw. Am I correct?
Yeah you were.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 04:09 PM   #165
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

they are making the draw now

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote