Petra Kvitová Live Scores Thread vol2 - Page 257 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:49 PM   #3841
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitová Live Scores Thread vol2

I didn't expect much so no big disappointment. Czech fans are spoilt anyway: FedCup semis and Davis Cup QF coming up, Berdych + Zakopalova still going, Stepanek, Cetkovska, Strycova and maybe Benesova coming back, a new-born 16-year-old star Siniakova, best-ranked ATP teenager Vesely, etc.......

Petra is a multimillionaire anyway so good for her that she'll have at least more time for her family and bf. Maybe she can make a trip to Disneyland in Orlando
Petronius is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:51 PM   #3842
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I would be pleased, but I don't know, it'd be too great I guess.

Well, with all respect to him he's not omniscient and as many people have said, she's not a complete player. Moreover she's having a troubles from the start of the season, she has to fight with asthma and possible shoulder injury (so maybe she played under painkillers again) and so on.
It's not easy for her so please, don't judge her career or season if you can't see the future, thanks.
I'll give her some slack for now given that it's Flipper and Miami but I really do hope she gets more consistent than this.
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:01 PM   #3843
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonic View Post
I'll give her some slack for now given that it's Flipper and Miami but I really do hope she gets more consistent than this.
That makes two of us.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:12 PM   #3844
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I didn't expect much so no big disappointment.
It still is a disappointment even though it was predictable (as soon as I heard what the condition was gonna be today I already half-concluded that shit was gonna happen).
Raiden is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:24 PM   #3845
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
It still is a disappointment even though it was predictable (as soon as I heard what the condition was gonna be today I already half-concluded that shit was gonna happen).
This. It's disappointing cos she loses 3rd straight year in tough 3 setter where she receives a bagel but this year it's double disappointing cos it's Dyke Flipper

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:47 PM   #3846
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonic View Post
To be honest, Top 8 is just unacceptable to see, given her capabilities. Seeing that she's behind Mugranni and Kerber/Radwanska is just too painful to watch. It's as if we're waiting for the inevitable that she just disco dances around the lower regions of top 10. A Czech guy (he knows someone who knows Petra's father) just said a few weeks ago that Petra will always be inconsistent. I didn't believe him at first but now, I think she's just innately inconsistent (well, considering her game). Typical scenario for the clay season: one title and then some second week wins and then first/second round losses. F*** these first/second round losses.
As I told before, every 7th tournament could bring here some solid success, but nothing more should be expected, because thats our always unpredictable Petra. This time I can see her Stuttgart and Madrid chances very good.
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:30 PM   #3847
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
As I told before, every 7th tournament could bring here some solid success, but nothing more should be expected, because thats our always unpredictable Petra. This time I can see her Stuttgart and Madrid chances very good.
You've just heard the words of God.
Now more seriously. I can agree with you about one thing and that is the unpredictability of Petra, but that also means that no one knows if she's gonna be inconsistent all the time until she retires or if she's gonna find a way how to overcome this or at least refine this.
I'd be pleased if everyone just stopped predicting and judging because I think that no one can do this. It's just guessing so you could probably say "I told you so." once in the future, that's all.
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:58 PM   #3848
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You've just heard the words of God.
Now more seriously. I can agree with you about one thing and that is the unpredictability of Petra, but that also means that no one knows if she's gonna be inconsistent all the time until she retires or if she's gonna find a way how to overcome this or at least refine this.
I'd be pleased if everyone just stopped predicting and judging because I think that no one can do this. It's just guessing so you could probably say "I told you so." once in the future, that's all.
Petra has shown some signs of a huge inpredictability so many times already, that I really doubt, that its gonna be improved in future.

Nevertheless, unlike Tomas, we can always count with some tournaments wins and I am not afraid of saying that some 1-2 slams till the end of her tennis carrer should surely come (similar to Mandlikova, better than Novotna) - again, unlike Tomas.

But to expect more, I really dont think so. Nevertheless, I really think, Miami has a lot to do with Petras asthma. That last years loss to Venus 4:6, 6:4, 0:6 was quite similar to the loss from today. No power more to achive something in those 3rd sets, which surely has some reason - in that case her health and her suffering from asthma here.

And which is quite interesting. Nowadays, Tomas is a very consistent player, Petra isnt. But for me, the proportion between the 2 of them will always be: Petra > Tomas.

Last edited by honzaneumannn : Mar 24th, 2013 at 12:08 AM.
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #3849
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
Petra has shown some signs of a huge inpredictability so many times already, that I really doubt, that its gonna be improved in future.

Nevertheless, unlike Tomas, we can always count with some tournaments wins and I am not afraid of saying that some 1-2 slams till the end of her tennis carrer should surely come (similar to Mandlikova, better than Novotna) - again, unlike Tomas.

But to expect more, I really dont think so. Nevertheless, I really think, Miami has a lot to do with Petras asthma. That last years loss to Venus 4:6, 6:4, 0:6 was quite similar to the loss from today. No power more to achive something in those 3rd sets, which surely has some reason - in that case her health and her suffering from asthma here.

And which is quite interesting. Nowadays, Tomas is a very consistent player, Petra isnt. But for me, the proportion between the 2 of them will always be: Petra > Tomas.
I completely agree...but the thing is though...if she can't find a long term solution to coping w/ the humidity and/or heat...she's never gonna be a consistent, top player...i mean...80% of the tournaments throughout the yr are outdoor HC...humidity and heat is always going to be a common factor...

I'm just wondering what her and her camp's thought process/game plan is every time they enter an outdoor HC tournament knowing that there's going to be humidity...it just seems like it's a "lets hope for the best" approach...and that's just not good enough...i mean, if that's the case, then she should just skip a tournament like Miami every yr and just get the penalty, rather than physically and mentally suffering on the court...
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #3850
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
I completely agree...but the thing is though...if she can't find a long term solution to coping w/ the humidity and/or heat...she's never gonna be a consistent, top player...i mean...80% of the tournaments throughout the yr are outdoor HC...humidity and heat is always going to be a common factor...

I'm just wondering what her and her camp's thought process/game plan is every time they enter an outdoor HC tournament knowing that there's going to be humidity...it just seems like it's a "lets hope for the best" approach...and that's just not good enough...i mean, if that's the case, then she should just skip a tournament like Miami every yr and just get the penalty, rather than physically and mentally suffering on the court...
I totally agree with you, but I think that Honza's point was that she's gonna be inconsistent through the whole season and career not too much depending on whether she plays in humid climate or not (if I got it right ).
In my opinion as a fan and an observer is that it is not gonna be great at tournaments played in humid climate, on the rest of the tournaments she might improve her consistency by leveling her confidence and skills (such as serving variability and stability, lobs etc.), also I think that the role of the experiences is not small and it has to be a difference if you are 2 years in top 10 or if you are there 5 years for example (similar with Tomas).
As time will go, she might get better even in the humid climate tournaments using experience from the future - it's not that unreal if you look for example on older players who achieved big successes at the end of their careers with help of experiences although they didn't played so well as at start or during their careers such as Federer did last year in Wimbledon or Stepanek in Davis Cup final although these two are still playing great.

But who knows, maybe she'll become consistent as Sharapova and Tomas will win a GS title.
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #3851
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
this. Petra has asthma and struggles with conditions but shows up and fights to give it all, tho some people find a way to bash her for that or even dare to say that she shouldn't complain about the weather Players who don't have asthma have big ass struggles with this conditions and today wasn't that bad compared to what was yesterday but still happened this
Quote:
Chris Evert ‏@ChrissieEvert
Just witnessed a grueling 3 set, 3 hour match between Davis and Cornet in which the they both left the court in wheelchairs.......

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
WTA confirms after Davis-Cornet match both players left court in wheelchairs. Cornet: heat illness, Davis fatigue. #wta #SonyOpenTennis
I can't even imagine how tough and lifeless Petra felt yesterday

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #3852
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
this. Petra has asthma and struggles with conditions but shows up and fights to give it all, tho some people find a way to bash her for that or even dare to say that she shouldn't complain about the weather Players who don't have asthma have big ass struggles with this conditions and today wasn't that bad compared to what was yesterday but still happened this

Yup, but that's what some TF posters can't understand. They're sitting on their asses at their warm and cozy homes, sipping coffee over a laptop and lamenting over players' performances in scorching heat.

One basketball point in case: Miami Heat. 'A generic name referring to the warm temperatures of the South Florida region.'
Petronius is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #3853
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post

Quote:
Chris Evert ‏@ChrissieEvert
Just witnessed a grueling 3 set, 3 hour match between Davis and Cornet in which the they both left the court in wheelchairs.......

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
WTA confirms after Davis-Cornet match both players left court in wheelchairs. Cornet: heat illness, Davis fatigue. #wta #SonyOpenTennis
Yeah you're right, we should give her a credit that she shows how can she fight the asthma in these condition while other "healthy" players are leaving the courts in wheelchairs. I have to repeat my words about her getting the 2nd set in those condition against well playing Flipper (well playing because she won almost all deuces) which was amazing!
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #3854
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah you're right, we should give her a credit that she shows how can she fight the asthma in these condition while other "healthy" players are leaving the courts in wheelchairs. I have to repeat my words about her getting the 2nd set in those condition against well playing Flipper (well playing because she won almost all deuces) which was amazing!
I'm just happy that none of the slams is located in a very much humid area (although NY could be tough too) so that fact alone augments Petra's chances in all the slams (maybe the least for the US, although she has shown tenacity last year during the US Open series). Hoping for some better and more consistent results on clay. Come on, Petra.
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #3855
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

No essay from Excelsior?
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread