Petra Kvitová Live Scores Thread vol2 - Page 144 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #2146
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitová Live Scores Thread vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
.....after Petronius's continued well timed Jinxs , I am even more conviced he is on the Cernosek team
Still waiting for those promised Norwegian petrodollars to finance the much needed rebuilding of the Petra Team
Petronius is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #2147
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Few word from Petra's post-match presser

Quote:
I am extremely happy. I think it was one of my best matches of the season. We won 3-0, but it was not easy. Every match was up and down
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #2148
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Few word from Petra's post-match presser
Don't get mad at me Shifty. But that's not saying much, if Petra says "that was one of my best matches of the season".

She barely played well or consistent, except for that small stretch, late in the third set. And she's lucky Sam gifted her some important third set points.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Except for the win (which I know is important to her), there's not much to write home or get excited about this match. Petra should be mad, about how she played. Well, at least, that's what she would have said in the past, when she actually cared about winning and her level of play. She wasn't close to the level of play she displayed against Kuzzie last year (I think) during their Fed Cup 3 setter.

Nonetheless, not sure what this match means for Doha and Dubai (especially with it not being Fed Cup).

Last edited by Excelscior : Feb 10th, 2013 at 03:09 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #2149
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Don't get mad at me Shifty. But that's not saying much, if Petra says "that was one of my best matches of the season".

She barely played well or consistent, except for that small stretch, late in the third set. And she's lucky Sam gifted her some important points.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Except for the win (which I know is important to her), there's not much to write home about or get excited about this match. Petra should be mad, about how she played. That's would she would have said in the past.

Nonetheless, not sure what this match means for Doha and Dubai.
I guess you didn't see the first set, she played some great tennis, even hit few aces on 2nd serve but poor footwork at some points and nerves killed her momentum, in 2nd it was ok with few clutch serves and returns. In 3rd she played great being generous as usual, nothing new typical KvittyCoaster but FCGOATness eventually prevailed

btw, to me her best match of the season so far was Brsibane match vs Pavs despite she lost it.

btw, btw, Dubai\Doha are boring with tough draw for her, i will be more then happy if she gets QF points from both. In IW\Miami would be tough for her too, so i expect she will play great during clay season to stay in Top8
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #2150
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
btw, btw, Dubai\Doha are boring with tough draw for her
I don't see how Doha before the QFs is a tough draw for her. The problem is the way she's been playing - not the draw. On the other hand if she reaches the QFs as she is well able to and happens to step up and beat Williams it could be the start of another upswing for her.
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #2151
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I don't see how Doha before the QFs is a tough draw for her. The problem is the way she's been playing - not the draw. On the other hand if she reaches the QFs as she is well able to and happens to step up and beat Williams it could be the start of another upswing for her.
Petra's shaky play + damn hot in Doha + no chance for her going further then QF = tough draw, She's still Top8 player, so her reaching QF for me is must minimum to back that up

btw, looked through revised draw, Petra gets either hot Makaroo or annoying CSN then she gets Nads, basically she can loose any of those matches even with decent form

Last edited by ShiftyFella : Feb 10th, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #2152
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Petra's shaky play + damn hot in Doha + no chance for her going further then QF = tough draw, She's still Top8 player, so her reaching QF for me is must minimum to back that up

btw, looked through revised draw, Petra gets either hot Makaroo or annoying CSN then she gets Nads, basically she can loose any of those matches even with decent form
yea, i honestly DO NOT see Petra getting far in Doha...look the reality is, her footwork is just terrible ATM due to a multitude of reasons that we've all discussed...until she gets her footwork in proper shape...i really don't see her doing much damage this year...especially w/ the clay season coming up...her crappy footwork + her inability to slide is just gonna kill her...

the only way for Petra to wake up to reality and maybe decide to fix herself is if she loses both her rubbers in Fed Cup...since that's the only thing she cares about
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #2153
country flag ShiftyFella

Simona retires, Petra is next
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #2154
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Very, very windy ..... Bye Petra
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #2155
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraReeMona View Post
Very, very windy ..... Bye Petra
She's just got to learn how to handle the wind ... where she is at present ... she will have to learn to tough it out to the top again ... no free rides anymore..lets hope she makes a match of it whatever the outcome....
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #2156
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Still waiting for those promised Norwegian petrodollars to finance the much needed rebuilding of the Petra Team
Did not receive the CVs of the new look (Rebuilt) Petra Team ... hence finance on temporary hold until CVs comethrough & duly vetted for competence....
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #2157

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
She's just got to learn how to handle the wind ... where she is at present ... she will have to learn to tough it out to the top again ... no free rides anymore..lets hope she makes a match of it whatever the outcome....
She's gotta turn up on court first. Makarova has been waiting on court for 5 mins and no sign of Petra
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #2158
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Stands are deserted.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #2159

Yayyyyyyyyy!!! Petra meandering onto court
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #2160
country flag ArcticMoose

Quote:
Maybe he's right hand of Sidney
Yes, I agree - Petronius is a smooooth operator and hence is cut from the same cloth as 'Smooth Sydney' - Cernosek is rough around the edges & hence Smoothy Petronius is of the Sideny ilk variety - good call shifty

BTW - dont't you think you are jinxing Kvitty with your new Avi? What made you change your non avi status?
Closed Thread