Aussie ITF circuit 2012/2013 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #91
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie ITF circuit 2012/2013

I read it, but some paragraphs would've helped

Interesting points that he makes. It really is tough for the lower ranked Aussie players to break even financially. They're at such a disadvantage due to distance from other countries and isolation, and in the men's case, a limited number of challenger events. It's also interesting that he questions why these tourneys are played in such far flung back of the water places. We've been questioning that for years. The travel to some of these places is just ridiculous.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #92
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Lol I read it too. If you're only usually bothered reading tweets and text messages then, yes, maybe you would be overwhelmed by a large piece of text

It's interesting. Yes, we pretty much knew that players would be doing it tough financially and yeah, we realised that the travel to the weird places they have the ITFs in would be annoying.

I don't agree with his criticism of the number of ITFs and Challengers in Australia. Per capita, the number of tournaments here pretty much matches other places. We don't deserve special treatment by hosting more tournaments than a country with our population should, just because we're far away.

What was most interesting was when he starts to criticise TA. He starts to make some good arguments, but I think was a bit soft and cautious about going in too hard. Understandable I guess because critcising TA too much might have further career ramificiations.

On the other hand, I can't help thinking about so many other sports that Australians play at an elite level and don't get much income. If you look at our entire Olympic team, how many would make a decent income off their sport? Only a small percentage I'd say. I understand that it'd be tough for players like John but in the scheme of things there are many other sportspeople in the same boat. However, if he can make a case that TA could easily be offerring players like him more support then that would build a strong argument...
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #93
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

It also raises an issue with the ITF re pittance they get for prizemoney. According to John, it's been 30 years since there was in increase in prizemoney. That's a shocker.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #94
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's definitely a valid issue. How long have these ITF tournaments been $10K and $25K for? And how much inflation has there been in the meantime and other rises in expenses?

Man, every crappy job in Australia has annual pricerises in line with inflation and the consumer price index. If they received wages instead of prizemoney then it would be illegal for it not to increase.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #95
country flag TS

Let's not forget that the Grand Slams seem to increase their pool each year as well.

The ATP players that are threatening a boycott of the AO due to wanting a bigger slice of the pie should really count their lucky stars (and/or go in to bat for their struggling ITF comrades). Their shoes probably cost more than a first round paycheck at a futures event
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #96
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris93 View Post
Bains def Moriarty 6-2 3-6 7-5 great win.
Nice win!!

I noticed Moriarty is now representing Australia again?

Sally

It wouldn't surprise me if Sally and Isabella ''retired'' soon, or went the part time route. Very disappointing year for both
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #97
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Great insight, I wish more of our players especially some of our girls would blog their thoughts.....TA are such bullies though one spec of critism of their system and your on the outer faster than the speed of light.... I have learnt that the hard way.

One of my biggest issues with the events on offer in Australia is the poor scheduling and lack of a series of events, in recent years the circuit is too stop start as it changes from one state to the next.... We need a 50k followed by some 25s and then another 50 to encourage some stronger entries....the men definately need to increase the number of challenger and futures events and schedule them better....

WTF is up with the random 10k in salisbury? complete waste of time.....

Even the Junior ITF schedule is a disgrace...In the first two weeks of October there are Grade 4/5 events in NSW and New Zealand on the same weeks? Whats the point? you end up with piss weak entry lists at both (yes i realise G4/5 are not ever going to be that strong) events instead of spreading them over 4 weeks and giving players the chance to compete in tournaments closer together...after all these are the event designed for the better 15/16 year olds looking to climb the junior world rankings before end of year Nationals and January ITF qualifying attempts...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #98
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Daniela Scvetti quit. Hubacenk anyone know? Jade Hopper could of made it ok in dubs, any news there?
& is jess moore playing aus futures and dani d? Both could make it in dubs too
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #99
country flag Territory

Jess Moore starts playing next week as far as I know. The others I mentioned are all AWOL, I believe.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #100
country flag Territory

Nives Baric and Jess Moore are back for Salisbury. As is Sinead Disaya

Izzy Holland was a late withdrawal.

WCs are pretty crappy imho:
- Samantha Harris
- Nicole Collie
- Leah Daw
- Zoe Hives
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:18 AM   #101
country flag hessie

hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold

Woohoo sinead!! Always makes qualifying a little more interesting.

TT D: 82. (High:18) 2014: (MD:29-29)(Q:1-5). Overall -(160-156).
Titles: 5. (2012: Versmold, Poitiers. 2013: Dothan, St. Petersburg. 2014: Poitiers)
Grand Slams: AUS: 3rd (R/UP), RG: 3rd (2nd), WIM: 1st (1st), US: 1st (1st)
hessie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #102
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessie View Post
Woohoo sinead!! Always makes qualifying a little more interesting.
haha what's her story? Did I miss something?

Olivia ROGOWSKA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON Maddison INGLIS
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR Aleksandra KRUNIC
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #103
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
WCs are pretty crappy imho:
- Samantha Harris
- Nicole Collie
- Leah Daw
- Zoe Hives
Hives is the only decent pick here, Harris got a WC last week and didn't do anything with it. I would have gone with Ruhrig, Beck and Andrinopoulos. Having said that, Collie and Daw have both traveled a bit this year so it is nice to see them rewarded for their efforts.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #104
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Collie and Daw adelaide girls so nice to give I think wc. Have no problem with and yeh did travel.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #105
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Collie has ever won a match on Pro Tour yet I can't recall the number of times shes been bagelled in Q.

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote