Aussie ITF circuit 2012/2013 - Page 30 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #436
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Re: Aussie ITF circuit 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez-y View Post
Saw second set Moore (no1 seed) vs Tredoux (rando). Moore solid, improved on last year, good spin margin, obviously the more experienced, intense. Not sure 1st set (score woeful) but second set certainly a contest. Surprised as recent results for Rachel rubbish. Perhaps hardcourt player given hitting style? Some variety in shots, drives etc. Movement (tall) and shot selection a bit iffy at times, inexperience. Looked better than yesterday even though she won. Can play to winning position in games but not quite seal it. Doesn't seem to have a coach around, could be better with someone decent working with her game. Lots more work to do...
Thanks for the report.

I like Jess's game too. But for her to go higher she needs to carry that intensity ALL the time. She won't hit players off the court but she has the tools down the track to grind out wins. But its a tough ask to play like that... requires alot of dedication and training.

Rachel had some wraps 12 months ago, such average results recently. Does she have much power?
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #437
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Jess had close one today, still likely to go through. I think you summed up well. Especially compared to players around WTA 100-200 mark that play quals WTA events looking to get into MD, and who have more pace having to play higher risk games and make balls not just grind. For Rachel, have not seen her game for a while. Saw few times in 2011 Circuit (vs Peers, South, Sema etc) and looked like baseline hitter. If had to pick a style- eastern european flat, with side spin. Power thou lacking consistency, sometimes shot selection is "wow" no touch winner, other times "WTF" was that for as wasted point after nice setup? Saw hitting with Barty few times in 2012, going toe to toe with a bit of a crowd gathering, awesome. (did not realise was Rachel till afterwards when niece pointed out). I think I saw her in Barty's box at AO?, and on Barty's web site so hopefully something rubs off there. Not sure what has happened since 2011 debut, a short glimmer at Rocky (QF) and Port Pirie (vs Moore) last year. Looks like no coach, no real tactical program, and doing same old thing sans improvement like the others around same rank level. But has different physique (tall, athletic). And "melange" (mixed, like me!). Has French name but speaks English and Japanese?, I thought Polynesian at first? Others might know more.
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 02:43 AM   #438
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Jess and Viki to meet in the final

Good final. Would like Viki to win her first title, so I'll be backing her for the win.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 03:57 AM   #439
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Take it out Jess
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #440
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm, bit hard to pick, should be interesting final. Jess?
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #441
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting. Viki's only played one ITF final before (and lost). Jess has a few titles under her belt, including one last year. Jess also hasn't really been troubled all week so I'd say she's the favourite
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #442
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
So happy with this final! Sucks they will get such little reward points wise but good to get wins under their belts anyway. I'm rooting for Jess but will be happy either way!

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #443
country flag Allez-y

Should be good either way, though if not to be and you need cheering up after...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT8K3__-E-U

OMG, tres jolie fille... c'est vrai?
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #444
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OMG, tres jolie fille... c'est vrai?
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #445
country flag Allez-y

Ok, change to - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIzYhtjPGJM
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #446
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Viki will dictate the rallies, but she needs to find a way to finish the points off against Jess who will remain consistent and try and get everything back. Hopefully Viki gets her first title.
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #447
country flag Allez-y

Good experience for both heading into next one - http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100028590

Appears Bundy still on there, but shortened draws? A pity for the second tier or 14-16s wanting to have a go.
http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100028595
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #448
country flag Territory

Quote:
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #449
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Abbie Myers is the only Aussie of note that's pulled out of Ipswich. The rest are pretty much all there, which is noice. But only 4 in the MD direct thus far. A few could squeeze in if lower priorities drop out.

Peers coming back to Oz for these.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 04:16 AM   #450
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Sydney final: Rajicic d Moore 5-7 6-3 6-2
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote