Aussie ITF circuit 2012/2013 - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:01 PM   #271
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie ITF circuit 2012/2013

^ I think Monique won Rockhampton about 5 years ago.

Re Liv - her level was actually pretty decent in Melbourne against Dolonc. It's clear the girl can play, so I'm scratching my head as to why she always comes back to her comfort zone, and not moving forward. Having said that, anything less than a win here would have been a shit result so kudos to her for holding on to get the W. She needs to piss off out of these tournaments though, asap. I know I sound like a broken record, but it's true. It's all well and good congratulating her for her 100th $25K win, but it means jack if she doesn't actually use her potential and go out, take risks and play at a higher level elsewhere. A fortnight ago she was ranked about 115. Take a look at the other girls around that rank and can you honestly see them playing at this level week in week out?!? I can't see a Monica Puig, an Elina Svitolina or a Mirjana Lucic playing these types of events week in week out.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:16 PM   #272
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Yes, hopefully she isn't thinking about 'protecting' her ranking instead concetratuing on regularly facing the gals ranked 100-150 which will help her development no end. The proof will be next Oct/Nov if she shows up again or decides to stick overseas during the Asian swing.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:22 AM   #273
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Yes, hopefully she isn't thinking about 'protecting' her ranking instead concetratuing on regularly facing the gals ranked 100-150 which will help her development no end. The proof will be next Oct/Nov if she shows up again or decides to stick overseas during the Asian swing.
I wonder if it's a $ thing? Is she still getting support from TA? Probably just taking the chance to defend her points easily & save money in the process. You are totally right about needing to play the better players though - I just wonder if the travel costs play a part.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:48 AM   #274
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Lol all the whinging about Liv playing $25ks is becoming monotonous. Give the girl a break (not that anything she does will apparently satisfy anyone here). She's just played two WTAs and a grand slam. She's not allowed to get some relatively easy points and cash before playing at a higher level again? Everyone seems to have forgotten that in 2009 (I think it was) she did exactly what you guys are saying she should be doing - she played a full season on the WTA tour and it was a total disaster leading to a slump that took her 18 months to get over. I'm quite okay with her doing well at these ITFs am I the only one?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 02:11 AM   #275
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Well if you accept Liv is never meant to be a top 100 player, then sure no problem with her playing these Aussie $25k, these are the only events she can win at.

But if you think she belongs in Top 100, playing these events is wrong, even if it is just for an "easy cash break" thingy. Then your comfort zone is only here and you will never win at the WTA events you play.

I mean look at Ash, she's not playing the Aussie $25k at the start of the year. And she's ranked about 35 places less than Liv.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:38 AM   #276
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
I don't understand why some are under the delusion that Liv 'belongs in the top 100'. She's never made the top 100 FFS and not without trying or sufficient opportunity. She's had three strong seasons where she's been a very solid 100-150 level player. I am going to take a wild stab in the dark and suggest that that is actually what her level is

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 04:37 AM   #277
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
I don't understand why some are under the delusion that Liv 'belongs in the top 100'. She's never made the top 100 FFS and not without trying or sufficient opportunity. She's had three strong seasons where she's been a very solid 100-150 level player. I am going to take a wild stab in the dark and suggest that that is actually what her level is

Uh, yes. That is what her level is. So why she continues to play events where players ranked 500 get direct entry is a mystery to me.

I'm not saying she belongs in the top 100, so please don't call me deluded. Have I ever said that? I don't think anyone is actually saying that. But her level is beyond the competition that these tournaments offer, and all I'm suggesting is that by facing other players in the 100-150 range (i.e. go overseas), she will better herself and perhaps be better equipped to make that leap inside top 100, *if* she is good enough to do so. The competition here, save for a few players, is so so weak that it's not doing her any favours long term. And yes, I know that she just played 2 WTA events and a Slam. But guess what? Wildcards.

I'm also not suggesting she plays WTA events, as you mentioned in your previous post. There is a whole world of challenger level events out there, and I'd love to see her go out and play them. A mixture of both would be smart scheduling. If I recall correctly, she did OK in North America last year, just before the USO. I would've loved to have seen her captialise on that and then go and play Asia, post USO, but no she came back to Australia. A player is never going to improve if they tread water and play it safe. I reckon she's got the game to mix it with international players in the 75-150 bracket (see that? that's not a criticism), and would absolutely love it if she went out and had a go. Sure, the WTA venture was a disaster in 2010, but I reckon that 3 years later it's better to try again, no? If she fails, then maybe she's just not good enough. Then, I'll keep my trap shut. But the reason I, and others here, keep talking about this is because we want her to succeed and work on the potential she naturally has.

Btw, I'm not dis-respecting your opinion here. Just stating mine. I understand we all have opinions, and appreciate being able to discuss them like adults

Anyway..moving on.
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 05:03 AM   #278
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Launceston

(1/wc)Mari Tanaka (JPN) v BYE
Brittney Macrostie (AUS) v BYE
Yana Mogilnitskaya (RUS) v Belinda Woolcock (AUS)
(9)Storm Sanders (AUS) v BYE

(2)Jessica Moore (AUS) v BYE
Tyra Calderwood (AUS) v Kanami Tsuji (JPN)
Samantha Harris (AUS) v BYE
(11)Stephanie Bengson (AUS) v BYE

(3)Tammi Patterson (AUS) v BYE
Ilka Csoregi (ROU) v BYE
Nicole Collie (AUS) v Janaya Smith (AUS)
(13)Isabella Holland (AUS) v BYE

(4)Azra Hadzic (AUS) v BYE
Yuriko Sakai (JPN) v BYE
Tayla Stenta (AUS) v Stefani Stojic (AUS)
(16)Nives Baric (AUS) v BYE

(5)Emily Webley-Smith (GBR) v BYE
Gussie O'Sullivan (AUS) v Ashling Sumner (AUS)
Brooke Rischbieth (AUS) v BYE
(12)Abbie Myers (AUS) v BYE

(6)Ran Tian (CHN) v BYE
Camilla Rosatello (ITA) v Catherine Krueger (AUS)
Angelique Svinos (AUS) v BYE
(15)Alison Bai (AUS) v BYE

(7)Karolina Wlodarczak (AUS) v BYE
Zuzanna Maciejewska (POL) v Nicola Slater (GBR)
Sonja Balic (AUS) v BYE
(14)Carol Zhao (CAN) v BYE

(8)Yumi Miyazaki (JPN) v BYE
Cristina Schulz (AUS) v Rachael Tredoux (AUS)
Ellen Perez (AUS) v Masa Jovanovic (AUS)
(10)Erin Routliffe (CAN) v BYE

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 05:04 AM   #279
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post
18mins ago from Abbie Myers‏@abbiejanem

"I hate retiring from matches but was forced to today. Hopefully my injury isn't too serious."

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 06:31 AM   #280
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Bella might win a match

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 06:53 AM   #281
country flag Territory

@TS thanks for the comments you make plenty of sense. Please don't think my comments were directed at you personally. They werent at all. It's just that this thread and the Burnie challenger thread were filling up with comments from various posters all critical of Liv for playing there.

As for ppl saying Liv is a top 100 player, that was directed at Asadinator who had said that in the previous post and wasn't at all directed at you.

But yes, I've said my piece too now so can move on.

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 07:00 AM   #282
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Liv always gets us all in a huff we all just want her to do well

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 07:13 AM   #283
country flag TS

No harm done, Territory

Did anyone see Arina's tweets about the poor little injured bird she rescued in Launceston? She walked a fair distance to the nearest vet so they could treat it. What a sweet thing to do. Who woulda thought?
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:43 AM   #284
country flag Kəv.

First Qualifying Round

(1/wc)Mari Tanaka (JPN) v BYE
Brittney Macrostie (AUS) v BYE
Belinda Woolcock (AUS) d. Yana Mogilnitskaya (RUS) 62 61
(9)Storm Sanders (AUS) v BYE

(2)Jessica Moore (AUS) v BYE
Kanami Tsuji (JPN) d. Tyra Calderwood (AUS) 60 63
Samantha Harris (AUS) v BYE
(11)Stephanie Bengson (AUS) v BYE

(3)Tammi Patterson (AUS) v BYE
Ilka Csoregi (ROU) v BYE
Nicole Collie (AUS) d. Janaya Smith (AUS) 63 61
(13)Isabella Holland (AUS) v BYE

(4)Azra Hadzic (AUS) v BYE
Yuriko Sakai (JPN) v BYE
Stefani Stojic (AUS) d. Tayla Stenta (AUS) 67(6) 62 75
(16)Nives Baric (AUS) v BYE

(5)Emily Webley-Smith (GBR) v BYE
Gussie O'Sullivan (AUS) d. Ashling Sumner (AUS) 63 75
Brooke Rischbieth (AUS) v BYE
(12)Abbie Myers (AUS) v BYE

(6)Ran Tian (CHN) v BYE
Camilla Rosatello (ITA) d. Catherine Krueger (AUS) 61 60
Angelique Svinos (AUS) v BYE
(15)Alison Bai (AUS) v BYE

(7)Karolina Wlodarczak (AUS) v BYE
Nicola Slater (GBR) d. Zuzanna Maciejewska (POL) 75 75
Sonja Balic (AUS) v BYE
(14)Carol Zhao (CAN) v BYE

(8)Yumi Miyazaki (JPN) v BYE
Rachael Tredoux (AUS) d. Cristina Schulz (AUS) 61 61
Ellen Perez (AUS) d. Masa Jovanovic (AUS) 76(3) 75
(10)Erin Routliffe (CAN) v BYE

Second Qualifying Round

(1/wc)Mari Tanaka (JPN) d. Brittney Macrostie (AUS) 60 60
(9)Storm Sanders (AUS) d. Belinda Woolcock (AUS) 64 60

(2)Jessica Moore (AUS) d. Kanami Tsuji (JPN) 75 46 Ret.
(11)Stephanie Bengson (AUS) d. Samantha Harris (AUS) 76(3) 57 75

(3)Tammi Patterson (AUS) d. Ilka Csoregi (ROU) 75 62
(13)Isabella Holland (AUS) d. Nicole Collie (AUS) 62 57 64

(4)Azra Hadzic (AUS) d. Yuriko Sakai (JPN) 60 60
Stefani Stojic (AUS) d. (16)Nives Baric (AUS) 75 62

(5)Emily Webley-Smith (GBR) d. Gussie O'Sullivan (AUS) 76(5) 61
Brooke Rischbieth (AUS) d. (12)Abbie Myers (AUS) 64 Ret.

(6)Ran Tian (CHN) d. Camilla Rosatello (ITA) 63 61
(15)Alison Bai (AUS) d. Angelique Svinos (AUS) 64 62

(7)Karolina Wlodarczak (AUS) d. Nicola Slater (GBR) 62 64
(14)Carol Zhao (CAN) d. Sonja Balic (AUS) 64 62

(8)Yumi Miyazaki (JPN) d. Rachael Tredoux (AUS) 16 61 62
(10)Erin Routliffe (CAN) d. Ellen Perez (AUS) 64 76(3)

Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:43 AM   #285
country flag Kəv.

Bella won a match holy god.