Aussie ITF circuit 2012/2013 - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:03 AM   #241
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie ITF circuit 2012/2013

Tassie Summer
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 04:58 AM   #242
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

yeah the weather is pretty annoying... i live about half an hour away from Burnie and here it's just been steady light stuff all day. i guess it's the same at Burnie. i think the closest place indoors from here is Launceston i reckon they'll be right, tournaments always somehow get finished.
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:02 AM   #243
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam21 View Post
yeah the weather is pretty annoying... i live about half an hour away from Burnie and here it's just been steady light stuff all day. i guess it's the same at Burnie. i think the closest place indoors from here is Launceston i reckon they'll be right, tournaments always somehow get finished.
All Women's matches scheduled for Thursday at the Burnie McDonalds International have been postponed until Friday.

The Womens Doubles Semis and Final are on the Friday schedule.

The Event would still like to see Saturday singles finals, hence if we complete tomorrow's schedule, there will be singles semis Saturday morning and then the Singles Final will be played Saturday evening as per the original plan for the tournament.
|
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 10:47 AM   #244
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100028313
Launceston WCMs- Rajicic, Cabrera, Hon. Usual TA favourites, plus one other to come? Myers/ Sanders/ Woolcock/ Rischbeith? Not that they performed well in recent internationals given the chance, the key test of the TA system... likely outsiders like Baric, Kier, Tredoux or some of the older "journey women" (Bengson) would not have done much worse? Rogowska still stuck in local $25K mode... Boj the classic 3 set grinder, but cute especially with the glasses ...
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 02:25 PM   #245
country flag ozfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez-y View Post
http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100028313
Launceston WCMs- Rajicic, Cabrera, Hon. Usual TA favourites, plus one other to come? Myers/ Sanders/ Woolcock/ Rischbeith? Not that they performed well in recent internationals given the chance, the key test of the TA system... likely outsiders like Baric, Kier, Tredoux or some of the older "journey women" (Bengson) would not have done much worse? Rogowska still stuck in local $25K mode... Boj the classic 3 set grinder, but cute especially with the glasses ...
Boj in glasses??? since when? are you sure you're not thinking of Arina Rodi...
|
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:16 AM   #246
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

both Rodionova's got beaten in the same scoreline this week

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:17 AM   #247
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:18 AM   #248
country flag Kəv.

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:06 AM   #249
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

it was an awesome day for tennis today in Burnie compared to the last two days. most of the day it was sunny with a bit of a breeze that would sometimes get up stronger, which was weird because Burnie is always windy!! it wasn't too hot either, which would've been good for the players backing up with 2, 3 or ever 4 matches.

i saw most of the second set with Liv and Arina as well as a few points from the very first game of the match. i thought Arina was going to win, especially after Liv hit a good forehand down the line, came into the net, thought about hitting it out of the air, stopped, stepped back (her trademark style!) then missed the shot (which was still piss easy) long and wide anyway she somehow won the set 6-0!
the start of the second Liv was making errors which helped Arina get out to a 4-0 lead, which she blew in a combination of losing points and losing her mind. both girls got some terrible line calls, as expected when the chair umpire is making most of the calls, but Arina was copping it worse and was understandably frustrated. i'm not sure how many times you have to say "fuck" in a sentence these days to get a code violation. you always felt like Liv was going to win the second set after she came back from the early deficit, Arina was just always on the edge of exploding. at one of the changes of ends Arina gave the umpire an absolute mouthful about the line calls, "if it lands on the red it is out, for fuck's sake!!" and then finished by saying she wasn't even talking to her... right

Sasha was clearly still affected by her injury layoff, or just having a very bad day. her shots just didn't look very powerful and she wasn't able to move Mon around the court like Mon was doing to her. Sasha looked like she'd changed her serving motion since isaw her play last time, the first serve i saw her hit was a second serve framed into the back fence. Mon was just better the whole time i was watching, she was able to attack Sasha's shots that were sitting up nicely with her top spin. of course it wouldn't be an Adamczak match without some kind of choke at the end, and although she did close it out easily on the scoreboard she was noticably nervous in the final game, playing more passive and missing a few more shots. she hit an ace on one of Sasha's break points, and then won the next two points to close it out.

i only got to see Boj's final set against Savic. Boj looked the better player (obviously, she won the set 6-1 after all) with her consistancy being the main reason why she won. Savic wasn't on top of her game (i hope for her sake it wasn't her best anyway!) and was very erratic missing relatively easy shots on both sides. she had a reasonable serve, but it could be better for someone of her height. i'm not sure how tall she is, but she looked fairly tall compared to some of the other girls. she aced Boj a few times but Boj didn't have too much trouble dealing with it the other times.

while i was watching Boj's match, the only other people around me watching were Jess Moore and another guy. Jess was just a really nice, genuine, down to earth, girl next door (you know, all that kind of stuff) kind of person. i listened to parts of their conversation, he asked her if she'd ever played in the aussie open, and she said she did when she was 17 on Hisense arena against Kuznetsova, he asked how many games she got, she said two, he asked if she was happy when she got a game, she said she was just happy when she won a point she also plans to travel after the aussie ITFs, maybe to the USA but she said she likes Asia too.

also saw Bella Holland playing a practice set against someone (couldn't quite put my finger on who it was) on a court next to where Rajicic and Sumner were hitting up. anyway i think that's about all... i might go again tomorrow but we'll see what happens!
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:14 AM   #250
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
awesome report!

Standard Arina

Yes Jess is a sweet heart.

Was Bella playing awful during her practice set??

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:20 AM   #251
country flag Sam21

yeah Jess was really cool, i kind of wish i joined in with their conversation now oh and she said her dream was to play in the hopman cup one year

well........ before i left i heard Bella's opponent say the score was 3-3, and i had no idea who she was hitting with, probably some unknown... so yes the second serve was looking average-er, and she was just missing a lot of rally balls. kind of expected when your confidence is that low though.

i feel like i should've known who she was hitting with, it was pissing me off all day!! she was blonde and used the same racket as Stosur... that's all the information i can give
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:02 AM   #252
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Great report Sam, thanks!

Jess is so sweet and despite getting smacked this week, after such a decisive rnd 1 win, I do like her game. Though she needs more strength and years on the circuit to play that kind of retrieving type of game.

Hope Sascha isn't rushings things to get back and the wrist is OK. Though not a surprising score nonetheless, Mon would be pretty match tough atm and a good chance to take the title.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:09 AM   #253
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt Anett would have faced anyone like Monique before so hopefully she can rattle her a bit. A rematch of the WC playoff on the cards by the looks.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM   #254
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
Boj in glasses??? since when? are you sure you're not thinking of Arina Rodi...
Yup Boj in specs for sure, not seen wearing on court though. Seems a nice and natural person underneath, hope she does well. Some would class as a "journey women" being older and coming through the College system, but has earned her stripes lately on merit without much favouritism and for that deserves respect. Solid game style...

Nice update above on Burnie also- thanks Sam! Its good to hear of the matches. How are Sanders and Hadzic playing lately?

Last edited by Allez-y : Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM   #255
country flag ozfan44

Thanks for the updates...

Im guessing the guy with Jess was probably Miles Armstrong (ex atp ranked) he is her bf/coach...fit guy with blonde/brown hair, tanned skin...
|