Western & Southern Open (Aug 11) - Will Masha play this one? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #61
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all
Re: Western & Southern Open (Aug 11) - Will Masha play this one?

Should we be worried for the USO?Will she have recovered by then.I don't mind her not playing the USO series but I was hoping for a solid USO performance

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 10th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #62
country flag R_Scott

R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice

Is anyone really buying the stomach virus story? My guess is that the problem lies between her ears.
R_Scott is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #63
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Scott View Post
Is anyone really buying the stomach virus story? My guess is that the problem lies between her ears.
Well, I guess smth is wrong. Otherwise Maria would definitely play Cincy.

and I'll yell and I'll scream at the top of my lungs
and I'll try to show you this is who I've become
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #64
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanabstract View Post
That's when her candy line is launching.
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #65
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
That's when her candy line is launching.
Well, Cincy finishes on 19th, candy launching will be on 20th (if I'm not mistaken), so..

and I'll yell and I'll scream at the top of my lungs
and I'll try to show you this is who I've become
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #66
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the stomach virus was BS at first just as an excuse to get out of Montreal, but I doubt she'd willingly skip Cincy, so I genuinely do believe it's legit now. I doubt she's "mentally hurt" despite the spin GMers are putting forward... somewhat depressingly, she probably didn't expect to beat Serena, so I doubt they'll have been a reaction from it in terms of feeling let down. Plus, she was pictured out partying in London on Saturday night - considering she's not exactly the most outgoing at the best of times, I really doubt she'd be going out if she was genuinely feeling upset. I guess, despite the way it ended, she really was proud of atleast getting a silver medal and views the tournament as a success

I'm feeling good about the US Open anyway. I hope I don't live to regret saying this, but I still don't read too much into her bad record at the USO in recent years - remember she had a bad recent record at the Australian before this year (and didn't play any warm-ups for that either). She's having her best year since 2006, so I don't see why she shouldn't also improve on her recent US Open record just like she's been improving everywhere else. Hopefully this virus clears up and she gets a good 10 days or so of practice and she should be alright. Maybe they should invest in a wind machine too
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #67
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I thought the stomach virus was BS at first just as an excuse to get out of Montreal, but I doubt she'd willingly skip Cincy, so I genuinely do believe it's legit now. I doubt she's "mentally hurt" despite the spin GMers are putting forward... somewhat depressingly, she probably didn't expect to beat Serena, so I doubt they'll have been a reaction from it in terms of feeling let down. Plus, she was pictured out partying in London on Saturday night - considering she's not exactly the most outgoing at the best of times, I really doubt she'd be going out if she was genuinely feeling upset. I guess, despite the way it ended, she really was proud of atleast getting a silver medal and views the tournament as a success

I'm feeling good about the US Open anyway. I hope I don't live to regret saying this, but I still don't read too much into her bad record at the USO in recent years - remember she had a bad recent record at the Australian before this year (and didn't play any warm-ups for that either). She's having her best year since 2006, so I don't see why she shouldn't also improve on her recent US Open record just like she's been improving everywhere else. Hopefully this virus clears up and she gets a good 10 days or so of practice and she should be alright. Maybe they should invest in a wind machine too

No, she didn't. She only had two early losses since 2005: In 2010, her 4th GS back on tour and 2011, which by all means has to be considered a fluke.

Personally, I think Maria has a lot to prove at the US Open, where she hasn't been past the 4th round in 6 years.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #68
country flag R_Scott

R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice R_Scott is just really nice

Quote:
I'm not denying that something is wrong with her. I just don't think her problem is physical.
R_Scott is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #69
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, Cincy finishes on 19th, candy launching will be on 20th (if I'm not mistaken), so..
Oh, I thought it's next week

My bad
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #70
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
No, she didn't. She only had two early losses since 2005: In 2010, her 4th GS back on tour and 2011, which by all means has to be considered a fluke.

Personally, I think Maria has a lot to prove at the US Open, where she hasn't been past the 4th round in 6 years.
4 years - 2007,2009,2010,2011
2008 - DNP
2012 - we will see

Qetusi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #71
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetusi View Post
4 years - 2007,2009,2010,2011
2008 - DNP
2012 - we will see

No she was right. You mean four attempts. 2008 still exists as a year.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #72
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
No she was right. You mean four attempts. 2008 still exists as a year.
In total, yes
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #73
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

No, if we take all the yrs she played there,only 2005,2006 were good. 03,04,07,09,10,11 were bad. USO is her worst slam, it just doesn't suit her, she has the worst W/L ratio there. So I am not deluding mysdelf with that slam.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #74
WowWow
mhmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
No, if we take all the yrs she played there,only 2005,2006 were good. 03,04,07,09,10,11 were bad. USO is her worst slam, it just doesn't suit her, she has the worst W/L ratio there. So I am not deluding mysdelf with that slam.
It's not so much that it doesn't suit her, since she's a good HC player, although those conditions on the Ashe stadium can be tricky, it's that she has the biggest pressure to perform well in that one. You win there, you get the most US media coverage and her biggest sponsors are there.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #75
country flag Qetusi

No matter how she played in previous years and what record she has
they play every single match from 0-0 , she can play well on HC ... so now the most important thing for her is to get well as soon as possible and start training