Rome 2011 vs Rome 2012 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #1
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Rome 2011 vs Rome 2012

Maria won Rome both in 2011 and in 2012. Where do you think she displayed the better set of tennis?

Even though Maria dominated the clay season in 2012, I pick Rome 2011.

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #2
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: Rome 2011 vs Rome 2012

Hard to decide. Up until the final she was ok. It's the final that messed it up. And in 2011, well, we were a bit lucky with Vichka withdrawing...
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #3
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
Hard to decide. Up until the final she was ok. It's the final that messed it up. And in 2011, well, we were a bit lucky with Vichka withdrawing...
I think the 2012 final is the thing that made me pick 2011 the most! But every match between Maria and Na is almost a guaranteed shitfest!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #4
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
I think the 2012 final is the thing that made me pick 2011 the most! But every match between Maria and Na is almost a guaranteed shitfest!
And between Na and *insert a random player*
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #5
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

Well, I'll go with 2011. In 2012 there was shitfest in the final, besides, 2011 SF victory vs Caro was significant for Maria imo

and I'll yell and I'll scream at the top of my lungs
and I'll try to show you this is who I've become
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #6
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

2012 except the final > 2011 only Stosur/Wozniacki matches.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #7
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like she beat more quality opponents this year, but the level she showed against Wozniacki was better than anything she showed there this year.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #8
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
I feel like she beat more quality opponents this year, but the level she showed against Wozniacki was better than anything she showed there this year.
This.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #9
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

Definitely 2011, she was sublime that tournament. If bitch played like that during RG, then she would have won RG 2011 as well...
NashaP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #10
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

I think Rome 2011 is a little bit less credible just because of Vika retiring. Who knows what would of happened but Vika was winning when the match ended.
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #11
country flag massive

massive is a glorious beacon of light massive is a glorious beacon of light massive is a glorious beacon of light massive is a glorious beacon of light massive is a glorious beacon of light massive is a glorious beacon of light massive is a glorious beacon of light massive is a glorious beacon of light massive is a glorious beacon of light massive is a glorious beacon of light massive is a glorious beacon of light

The semi against Wozniacki last year was the best Maria played in 2011, but she has been playing MUCH better this year at several tournaments.

I think her game was much sharper and agressive this year, not only the serve but also the movement, and she beat much tougher opposition. She was sublime against Ivanovic, Kerber and Venus (in patches) and tough as nails against Li. 2012 takes the cake for me. Plus I have to agree that Victoria retiring last year takes a bit away from the sweetness of that title.

Regardless, Stuttgart 2012 > all her other clay titles. She was magnificent from the QFs on, especially in the final.
massive is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #12
country flag MM_1257

The Stosur match in Stuttgart was top for me.
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #13
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
The Stosur match in Stuttgart was top for me.
For me, her top claycourt match of the season (I won't be as cocky as to say of her career because I have thoroughly watched only her more recent matches) was Stuttgart final against Vika. She demolished her after suffering all those beatdowns against that same player As far as Rome is concerned, she had really good matches in both years, with Wozniacki 2011 SF being the best of them all. I think her Rome 2011 display was probably one of the best in that season for her, but I think we overrate it a bit just because it was actually pretty unexpected (at least it was for me). Rome 2011 marked the beginning of her clay court dominance (And yes, she'll never be as dominant as Henin on this surface, but still, she wiped out the competition this year in the same manner Rafa always does ). So for me, because of the entire performance and her amazing comeback in the final, Rome 2012 does it more than 2011. Plus, it's always harder to defend than to take it in the first place

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #14
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Rome 2011. That was her coming out party for clay and the moment she became an actual ball bashing claycourter.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #15
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Rome 2011