Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 95 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 20th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #1411
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
Well she won 62 46 63.

Not convincing at all, and her serving stats were pretty dreadful. But a win is a win.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 20th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #1412
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Yessss, big win, especially mentally. God that was nerve wracking, really thought at 3-3 in the third it was giong to go the same was as the Arvidsson match. Really the only reason she won was becasue she was playing a player who's been injured and hasn't won all year.

But a win is a win, and I think mentally it will do her a lot of good. She's finally got the monkey off her back and ended the losing streak. Plus she managed to serve it out even though she had served poorly through out the match. Very good job she managed to win that game as they would have been off for the rain if she had lost it and who knows what that would have done mentally.....

Hopefully she can relax a little against Cornet? Who is actually having quite a good year results wise so is probably tougher than she looks on papaer. Will be the first match in a while where laura won't be the higher ranked player going in. Hopefully this will relax her as I don't doubt her mentally has been affecting her performance recently.

Finally itss also good from a ranking perspective, 50 points on had 20 to defend from qualies here last year so she gains 30. Great not to have two 0s from IW and Miami sat on the ranking.
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #1413
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

I was cheerleading (because I am a manly man who does manly sports) while the match was happening. Glad to get back to my room and find out Laura won a match (been a while, hasn't it?) and my name's safe, until November, at least...
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #1414

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Wow I would never have had yuo down as a cheerleader...what was it you were going to change yoru username to again?
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #1415
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Wow I would never have had you down as a cheerleader...what was it you were going to change your username to again?
Overhyped RobSUCK.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 03:41 AM   #1416
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Awful serving but a wins a win.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 09:35 AM   #1417
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Got the job done, that's all that matters

Cornet is a good match up for her as well, so hopefully she'll do well on friday
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 09:48 AM   #1418
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
Got the job done, that's all that matters

Cornet is a good match up for her as well, so hopefully she'll do well on friday
Is she a good match up? Cornet is in good form and she's a junk ball player. Something Laura definitely struggles with.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM   #1419

Yeah I'm not so sure Cornet is a good matchup, particularly when Laura isn't playing her best. She doesn't have great record against players who serve up junk and can be consistent. Plus Cornet has had a solid if unspectacular year so far, mainly beaten players she should beat only 2 'bad' losses and took Caro to 3 in IW.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 10:56 AM   #1420
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Cornet's topspin balls is going to make it a messy match for Laura. I hope she wins, but I won't get my hopes up

Well done for her getting to round 2 though
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM   #1421
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Double Faulting like a bitch, oh i do enjoy watching painful stats live I still very much enjoyed the victory though, will struggle against Cornet but Laura is the better player

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 02:00 PM   #1422
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

From the WTA website

Stephens No Longer No.1 Teenager

She's still going very strong at No.16 in the world, but by virtue of celebrating her 20th birthday on Wednesday, Sloane Stephens' reign as the No.1 teenager is over. Who's the new teen queen?

MIAMI, FL, USA - Sloane Stephens was the youngest player in the year-end Top 100 in 2011 and the only teenager in the year-end Top 50 in 2012, and so far in 2013 has been flying the flag for all the teenagers - but she turned 20 on Wednesday, leaving Laura Robson as the new No.1 teenager.

"It feels pretty good," Robson commented. "Sloane's still ranked a lot higher than me and she's only been not a teenager for a day, so I think she still has that title, but I feel pretty good about it."

Robson is ranked No.43 in the world at the moment and you don't have to go too far down the WTA Rankings to find the No.2-ranked teenager - Kristina Mladenovic is currently No.48 in the world. But Robson isn't just looking over her shoulder at the other teens - she has her eye on everyone.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 04:18 PM   #1423
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Cornet is a horrible match up for Laura Add the slow court and humid conditions to Laura's form, Cornet's topspin, junkballs and decent movement and you've got one pretty tough match. That's not to say that Laura cannot completely hit Cornet off court, of course she can, but she's showed no signs of that kind of form this year.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 05:05 PM   #1424
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Laura likes taking the ball high and early which means it's a good match up

Cornet has nothing that can hurt Laura other than decent movement and reasonable consistency....obviously if Laura's hitting errors right left and centre she'll lose. But if she's playing well she should hit Cornet off court.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 05:55 PM   #1425
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
Laura likes taking the ball high and early which means it's a good match up

Cornet has nothing that can hurt Laura other than decent movement and reasonable consistency....obviously if Laura's hitting errors right left and centre she'll lose. But if she's playing well she should hit Cornet off court.
Stop being so confident!!!

As you said if Laura's hitting errors left right and centre she'll lose. Her form is still awful this year. I'm expecting another loss again. Cornet is NOT to be underestimated.

Right now it's not even so much to do with Laura's physical game, it's more mental than anything. To win matches you need to have the right mentality and she's been having so many lapses.

I'm not sure who said but it think it was Richard Williams saying Tennis is 80% mental. Which I've always stuck by.