Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 92 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #1366
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW Doha Final Clash of the Titans: Serena Williams vs Victoria Azarenka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Changed your username?
Yes
Advertisement

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #1367
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Laura quoted as saying her chest infection is 'a lot better' and she's targeting a Wimby seeding. Was at the launch of a new sponsorship deal with virgin active today.

EDIT: BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21592650

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Feb 27th, 2013 at 06:59 AM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #1368
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news! Very happy. I can't wait for the Indian Wells/Miami/Charleston swing. I hoping for some good wins.

She's 3-5 in the W/L for the year so far, so she needs to get that ratio higher.

L
Shenzhen R2
Hobart
AO R3
Doha R1
Dubai R1

W
Shenzhen R1
AO R1
AO R2
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #1369
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Surely targeting a seed for RG should be a higher priority? If she's seeded for RG then she's more than likely to be seeded for Wimbledon. She's lost ground over the past month but it's still within reach. As it stands she's around 300 points away from the current top 32.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #1370
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Surely targeting a seed for RG should be a higher priority? If she's seeded for RG then she's more than likely to be seeded for Wimbledon. She's lost ground over the past month but it's still within reach. As it stands she's around 300 points away from the current top 32.
I think she means that she will really like to be in top 32 by then. It is not the first time that she said it,
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #1371

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Perhaps she phrased her answer to take into account she was speaking (mainly) to the British press, who generally ignore all slams that aren't Wimbledon... I agree RG seeding would be perfect, but Wimby might be more realistic.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #1372
Royals.

The REAL reason why Laura went on a 24 hour hiatus from Twitter.

Quote:
On Wednesday, Robson told The Tennis Space that her temporary absence from Twitter – her account disappeared briefly – was because of a technical mishap on her part rather than anything more serious. A quick check on her Twitter feed showed some pretty tasteless stuff and Robson admitted that dealing with some of the more difficult followers was not easy. “For the most part, I’ve got 99 percent positive comments on Twitter,” she said. “Yeah, you do get a few negative comments but you have to either block those people straight away or just ignore them. I mostly block them.”

http://www.thetennisspace.com/facing...e-tennis-tour/
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #1373

Yeaaah do you think that's true? It may be but my feeling is she was frustrated after the match and disabled it, then next morning everything didn't look so bad and she reactivated it (perhaps with a word from her agent). The official line sounds better than admitting she disabled on purpose...but who knows, I'm probably wrong and it may all have been an accident

Btw pretty positive interview with Laura on the tennis space which I posted in the interviews thread. Sounds like things have gone well since being home and she's psyched for IW and Miami.
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #1374
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Perhaps but "technical mishap" is hard to believe.

Personnally, I still believe she (temporaly) disabled it not realizing that she will lose all her followers(i know it is after 30 days) and/or that it will become such a big deal.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #1375
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
Laura just uploaded one of the grossest pics on to Instagram I've ever seen. Her poor toe! Haha.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1376
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW Doha Final Clash of the Titans: Serena Williams vs Victoria Azarenka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Yes
Are you British or Australian? I could've sworn you used to have a British flag...
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #1377
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
Laura just uploaded one of the grossest pics on to Instagram I've ever seen. Her poor toe! Haha.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Life of a tennis player, eh? It looks really painful. I hope she's able to play IW

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:52 AM   #1378
Royals.

I'm laughing at all of the OTT comments on Instagram, some need to understand its a common thing. It's part of life on the tennis tour

I wasn't really grossed out by it....

I'm sure she'll be fine for IW, she's had this since Fed Cup and she didn't say it was affecting her movement.
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 07:15 AM   #1379
country flag JustAileen

JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light

There's saying on the Chinese community that Virgin Active offered 20 mill pounds, surely they're making this up??
Does anyone know more particular
JustAileen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 08:08 AM   #1380

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAileen View Post
There's saying on the Chinese community that Virgin Active offered 20 mill pounds, surely they're making this up??
Does anyone know more particular
No that deal isn't worth that, they haven't disclosed the value but it won't be that much! A quick google brings up an article in the Mail by Dickson about the launch which speculates she could earn £20 million in her career (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...EXCLUSIVE.html). So that is probably where that figure comes from!

Interestingly also mentions her deal with her agency Octagon ends in 2 months and there's obviously lots of competition for her signature. Wonder if she will stay or go for (potentially) bigger bucks? What do people think?