Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 76 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #1126
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsue View Post
Goodness I hope you are right. Channel 7 here at home said tonight she travels on an Aussie passport......hope they are wrong and you are right. She is definitely British and not Australian. I cant work out why our crowds think she is any way one of us..........she chose to represent the UK and good luck to her.
Unless she has a duel citizenship, where she has rights to Australia and UK...

But i'm sure has a British passport. If not, she still fells British. She's grown up into the culture. She's been living here since she was 6.
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #1127
country flag FleetSeb

FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of

Anyone know Laura's post-AO schedule?
Simona Halep - Heather Watson - Julia Goerges - Kimiko Date Krumm - Lucie Safarova - Nadia Petrova
FleetSeb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #1128
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetSeb View Post
Anyone know Laura's post-AO schedule?
Jan 28th - Pattaya Open
Fed Cup
Feb 11 - Doha
Feb 24th - Florianopolis, Brazil
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #1129
country flag JCNALI

JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all

Laura does well on Clay, I think her current game is less suited in Australian fast h courts
JCNALI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #1130
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

After todays disgusting performance I hope she represents Oz from now on.
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #1131
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsue View Post
thank you for this lovely comment. We are certainly not racist. The problem is the wretched commentators constantly keep reminding us that she is born in Melbourne and she travels on an Australian passport......and yet still plays for the UK. I personally would have felt that this in itself would have been enough to have the crowd to support Stephens even more........an "Aussie" choosing not to play for us is for me really Un Australian and she belongs in the UK. So rather than sniping about Australian people count your lucky stars that we are really fair.
It was a joke. Aimed at some of the talk going on in GM at the time and continued to go on in the results thread.

And Laura has a British passport. She's had one since before turning pro.,

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #1132
country flag Djo-Coeur

Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad run for Laura.
Defeating Kvitova is a nice accomplishment. And considring that she defeated 2 Top 10 last august in New-York, her future looks very good.
Djo-Coeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #1133
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Well done Laura Hope your shoulder is ok.

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".

Last edited by WIMBY : Jan 19th, 2013 at 04:25 PM.
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #1134
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
Jan 28th - Pattaya Open
Fed Cup
Feb 11 - Doha
Hope Laura contend for title at Pattaya!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #1135
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
GM will disagree with you on that one, i wouldn't say that so boldly if i were you.
Give it time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCNALI View Post
Laura moved fastest against Kim than this, why is she so slow after winter training,
Disagreed, to me it looked like she was moving better than she was last year. Stephens just hits it better than Kim, and Laura was slow to react a few times. Also, I doubt she was physically in the best shape after the marathon against Petra.

Quote:
Jan 28th - Pattaya Open
Fed Cup
Feb 11 - Doha
The OP will be updated with this. Thanks LL.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #1136
country flag JCNALI

JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all

I disagree, she's not using any her of hee lefty advantages , like Kerber , she brings ball back when drag outwide.
Stephens did not hit better than Kim, Laura was moving worst than in Guangzhou or US Open. Her opening match against Oudin was horrible. She was moving well against Niculescu, than all 3 of her matches here. She's hasn't play her best at all. Keep improving .
JCNALI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #1137
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

If she was born in Melbourne(which she was), she'll have a dual citizenship- british and australian passports. Doesn't make her any less British- she chooses to represent the UK which shows her true nationality.

Shame about the loss today but it's still been a good tournament
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #1138
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

True story, Laura's first tournament as a Brit was Junior Wimbledon 2008.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #1139
country flag lovethegame

lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light

I spoke to her old coach here today..Laura has been receiving treatment on her shoulder since Oudin match. The Kvitova epic didnt do her recovery any favours.
lovethegame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #1140
country flag lovethegame

lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light

Also Laura's brother went to same school as my brother...he was born in London. So they have been in the UK a long time.
lovethegame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote