Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 07:25 PM   #451
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

GUANGZHOU, China - In one of the most dramatic finals of the year, Hsieh Su-Wei had the match, let it go, let it go a little bit more and then came roaring back to win the GRC Bank Guangzhou International Women's Open.

Neither of the two finalists at the International-level event were seeded, but they had both definitely proven themselves against those who were: Hsieh beat No.4 seed Urszula Radwanska en route to the final, while Laura Robson took out three - No.2 seed Zheng Jie, No.7 seed Peng Shuai and No.3 seed Sorana Cirstea. And both brought their very best to Saturday's title match.

Hsieh controlled the overall flow of the first half of the match, using her very unorthodox style - two hands off both sides, mixing spins and slices, offense and defense - to outfox Robson and build a 63 53 lead. And she even had five match points in that game, but Robson stayed calm and fought them all off.

Robson would end up reeling off seven games in a row to go from 63 53 down to 3-0 up in the third set; but Hsieh regrouped, winning five games in a row (and six of the next seven) en route to a dramatic 63 57 64 championship victory.

"Laura's a great player and has been improving a lot this year, but I don't think she felt comfortable with my game," Hsieh said. "Some people say I don't often hit the ball with a lot of power, that I used the opponent's power against them and put the ball in unexpected places. I don't have big muscles so I have to work hard and do that and try to make my opponent run as much as possible."

"She's a really good player," Robson said of Hsieh. "She's very difficult to play. She changes everything so much - sometimes I couldn't tell what she was going to do with the ball. It's very difficult to get any rhythm against her.

"After I won the second set and led 3-0 in the third, she started playing well again and made the rallies longer, while I totally ran out of energy. I kept fighting but just wasn't able to hit my shots as well as I had earlier in the match.

"But the more matches you play the more experience you get, and to play in a really tough final like this one in Guangzhou is a big experience for me."

wtatennis.com
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:18 PM   #452
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 12:24 AM   #453
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dealt with it like a experienced PRO. So proud to be a fan of such a great girl and great player go Laura!!
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:27 PM   #454
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Observer article on Laura's Guangzhou final with a few more post-match quotes from her.

And with her runner-up trophy.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #455
country flag Wolle73

Wolle73 is an unknown quantity at this point

One question:

Have anyone seen that Laura has switched her racket and played with her right hand during a match???
Wolle73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #456
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolle73 View Post
One question:

Have anyone seen that Laura has switched her racket and played with her right hand during a match???
Can't say that I have. She plays double handed backhands but that's it. Changing to playing right handed would be a bad change. She'd be able to generate lass power and control with her right hand (especially initially) compared to her left because she's naturally left handed.

Why do you ask?
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #457
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

SHe look so sad on that photo don't worry laura your day will come soon too win titles

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #458
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
SHe look so sad on that photo don't worry laura your day will come soon too win titles
I know!

She really does look sad, she had so many opportunities but sadly she just tired at the end. Hsieh got really lucky IMO.

I hope Laura has a good run in Beijing and Osaka.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #459
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
I know!

She really does look sad, she had so many opportunities but sadly she just tired at the end. Hsieh got really lucky IMO.

I hope Laura has a good run in Beijing and Osaka.
Does Laura need to qualify for Beijing?
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #460
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Yeah, she does
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #461
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
Yeah, she does
Thanks.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #462
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Yes.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #463
Royals.

Wait a min.... will Laura and Heather have to play each other in qualifying?
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #464
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
Wait a min.... will Laura and Heather have to play each other in qualifying?
there's an outside chance I guess, though there's quite a few players in qualfying so it's not very likely.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #465
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjones View Post
there's an outside chance I guess, though there's quite a few players in qualfying so it's not very likely.
Okay,do you know how many qualifying places are there in the main draw?