Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #346
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

YAS get that final spot Laura. Good thing as it shows improved fitness, hope she recovers enough though
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #347
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god she pulled it out in the end. Would have been happier had she pulled off the 6-1 6-2 win, but I guess this is a learning experience. Very happy she fought hard after Peng pulled back to 5-5 and took the 2nd set. Showing good signs.

She seemed to serve more consistently today, 60% with only 2DFs, that's really not bad for her!

Sorana will be very touch opponent, hits harder & is far more aggressive than anyone she's faced this week - plus she can be devastating when she's on. It will all be about 1st strike tennis.

Let's hope Laura recovers as much as she can after this marathon!

Plus we get to watch the stream!

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #348
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

So we gotta' watch Laura this week after all. I can't wait
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #349
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean. View Post
Thank god she pulled it out in the end. Would have been happier had she pulled off the 6-1 6-2 win, but I guess this is a learning experience. Very happy she fought hard after Peng pulled back to 5-5 and took the 2nd set. Showing good signs.

She seemed to serve more consistently today, 60% with only 2DFs, that's really not bad for her!

Sorana will be very touch opponent, hits harder & is far more aggressive than anyone she's faced this week - plus she can be devastating when she's on. It will all be about 1st strike tennis.

Let's hope Laura recovers as much as she can after this marathon!

Plus we get to watch the stream!
Woeful second serve though. And I'm still not convinced that Laura's improved serving has been as important as her winning as many points on her opponent's serve as on her own.

Her serve is definitely a good weapon when it's being hit in consistently, but if Laura's returning at a level below what it was today, she'd have lost.

Also, Laura's the 9th seed in Tokyo qualifying... and is scheduled to play there tomorrow. Oh dear.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #350
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Woeful second serve though. And I'm still not convinced that Laura's improved serving has been as important as her winning as many points on her opponent's serve as on her own.

Her serve is definitely a good weapon when it's being hit in consistently, but if Laura's returning at a level below what it was today, she'd have lost.

Also, Laura's the 9th seed in Tokyo qualifying... and is scheduled to play there tomorrow. Oh dear.
You may just be the most pessimistic fan I've ever come across

She is only 18 and maturing as a player. Don't expect perfection every match. Be happy she's come along leaps and bounds last few months. And her second serve was better than her opponents so she did what she needed to
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #351
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
You may just be the most pessimistic fan I've ever come across

She is only 18 and maturing as a player. Don't expect perfection every match. Be happy she's come along leaps and bounds last few months. And her second serve was better than her opponents so she did what she needed to
I'm not being pessimistic. I'm pointing out that Laura's strong returning is as, or more important than her serving.

Also, it looks like she's going to have withdraw from Tokyo. Which is a shame, really.
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #352
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Quote:
I'm not being pessimistic. I'm pointing out that Laura's strong returning is as, or more important than her serving.

Also, it looks like she's going to have withdraw from Tokyo. Which is a shame, really.
I was half teasing, but you do criticise her in almost every post you make. But at least it's constructive. I just wanna see you write 'FUCK YEAH SHE WON!!!' just once

And yeah it's a shame, but I guess a shot at a title is more important for her right now.
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #353
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
I was half teasing, but you do criticise her in almost every post you make. But at least it's constructive. I just wanna see you write 'FUCK YEAH SHE WON!!!' just once

And yeah it's a shame, but I guess a shot at a title is more important for her right now.
Quote:
Defeat all of the Chinese players currently in the top 100?

Close enough?
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #354
country flag Evans.

Quote:
Close enough?

Haha, yes.
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #355
country flag KeysisGOAT

Also, Laura's met the target I wanted her to reach by winning today (1,000 points or more). Though once her Tokyo points come off she'll be back at around 930.
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #356
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

so happy for Laura, what a very good win, another SF in an International tournament this year
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #357
country flag KeysisGOAT

Spotted this in the match thread...
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #358
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Spotted this in the match thread...
aww,poor little laura,hope she recover soon
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #359
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

For the record, link to the tennisspace interview: http://www.thetennisspace.com/exclus...son-interview/
Quote:
You must be exhausted after three hours, three minutes against Peng?
I am pretty tired right now but I’ve had a massage and an ice bath so I’ll be fine for tomorrow. It wasn’t that hot, it’s just incredibly humid here. I’ve been lucky enough to not be playing before 6pm for most of my matches. It’s actually not too bad then, but I went through three t-shirts in my match today, so pretty sweaty.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #360
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Another amazing win!

Next round will be a lot of big hitting. But given who Laura has beaten so far this week I think she's got as good a chance of getting this title now as anyone left.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote