Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #16
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

I'm not sure I agree with Laura entering the Premier level events in the run up to the USO. She'd probably get more matches and points at Dallas than she will at New Haven. But meh, I'm not the one who has to make that call.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 14th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #17
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
I'm not sure I agree with Laura entering the Premier level events in the run up to the USO. She'd probably get more matches and points at Dallas than she will at New Haven. But meh, I'm not the one who has to make that call.
always think her schedule is a little bit unreasonable,her ranking can totally get herself into Bell challenge or Tashkent open where she can enter main draw directly but she is going neither of them,she choose guangzhou,toray open,china open...
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #18
country flag Snooked

Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of

69HQ from Aegon International http://hqworld.net/2012/08/laura-rob...stbourne-june/
Snooked is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #19

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

she gets a mdwc into new heaven main draw
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #20
country flag JustAileen

JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light

I can only presume she prefers playing more high level matches against better players rather than merely getting more points and better ranking.
JustAileen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 04:43 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAileen View Post
I can only presume she prefers playing more high level matches against better players rather than merely getting more points and better ranking.
and she lost in qualifying final round again and again
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #22
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

(5)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v (wc)Laura Robson (GBR)
Sloane Stephens (USA) v Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Agnes Szavay (HUN) v Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP)
(wc)Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) v (4)Sara Errani (ITA)

Tough draw.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #23
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

I can totally understand a player opting to play New Haven instead of Dallas. The temperature is 36°C at 6 in the evening. Might as well play New Haven which weather wise is near enough the same to New York. Plus it is nearer.

Why on earth have a tournament in Dallas in August?

There are lots of things to criticize Laura schedule wise, I don't think this is one of them.

After the US Open she needs to pick up as many points as possible to put herself firmly in the top 100 to set herself up for 2013.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #24

bad service,bad emoion control,just disappointing
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #25
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Dissapointing? Not really. More like par for the course.
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 05:58 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Dissapointing? Not really. More like par for the course.
her serve is getting worse and i dont know why...her first serve in percentage is down to around 35% in set 2...hope the collaboration with Krajan gonna help her
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 09:52 PM   #27
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloy4dAustin View Post
her serve is getting worse and i dont know why
The most likely reasons are injury or changing how she's doing her serve. If it's the former, hopefully it'll pass with some time and rest. If it's the latter, then it's going to get worse before it gets batter... hopefully.

Quote:
...her first serve in percentage is down to around 35% in set 2...hope the collaboration with Krajan gonna help her
Jesus.
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:05 AM   #28
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light

Laura Robson has managed a result which was "par for the course" although her first serve was "around 35% in set 2". So, as soon as her serve gets better again, we are going to see a great improvement, and I am looking forward to that!
coyets is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:06 AM   #29
country flag JustAileen

JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light

I always think that her serve is a weapon, if she can get them in, she'll need to work on that.
And she's going to need a good draw for USO. 160 points are not easy to defend.
JustAileen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM   #30
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAileen View Post
I always think that her serve is a weapon, if she can get them in, she'll need to work on that.
And she's going to need a good draw for USO. 160 points are not easy to defend.
Her serve is a weapon. Unfortunately it's a smooth bore musket, inaccurate, unreliable and in need of a lot of work to bring it up to the standards expected of a modern weapon.