Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 131 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:05 PM   #1951
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennychange View Post
Yes, Sorry should have made clear it was the pre-final press conference where she said it, and it wasn't transcripted as the post match interviews are so there's no full record as it were, just a 2 min edited highlights on Wimbledon's site, but it was picked up by all our press as they tend to leach any gossip off each other like a chain of domino's!
Canadian TV carried the whole pre-final press conference live to air. The transcript is here http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=100691. The Canadian rights holder had complete video archives of all Genie's press during the tournament. The exception was the R3 presser and this one where the stream that was posted cuts off right after the question on why she admires Oprah Winfrey.

I'd say her tone was more or less as the Mail described, cold and detached. When she was asked about Laura being at Saviano the day she went to Florida last November, I thought she was cold and maybe even seething.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
My view is that what Saviano says publicly tells us "little, if anything" of evidential value about the cause of the rift and does not prove that it was not to do with coaching set-ups.

I think we'll have to wait until Laura sets the record wrong in her autobiography to find out anything of more substance.
Saviano's statement is nuanced isn't it. That statement really only says he considers it a problem between the two girls and that he has to abide by the outcome.

It could also leave a scenario where Laura asked him to coach her, and he told her he was contractually obligated to work exclusively on the road and that she'd have ask Genie. Technically nothing to do with him as its a contractual issue.

Saviano's daughter was in the box during the Wimbledon matches (and with Laura later in the day). Genie had dinner with the Ren sisters before the tournament and played doubles with Heather. All still friendly with Laura. Leads me to believe me what broke their relationship was narrow and related directly to career rather than something that involves a wider circle.
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 20th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #1952
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Laura's Ranking Overview

Week 29 - 14.07.2014

Ranking:

Race:

52 Week Ranking & Race 2014:

Breakdown:
Code:
Tournament         Points     Date          Mandatory?
/                     /       /
Carlsbad             60       05.08.2013
US Open             160       09.09.2013    Yes
Guangzhou            70       23.09.2013
Tokyo                 1       30.09.2013    
Beijing              80       07.10.2013    Yes
Osaka                 1       14.10.2013
Hobart                1       13.01.2014
Australian Open      10       27.01.2014    Yes
Indian Wells          0       17.03.2014    Yes
Miami                 0       31.03.2014    Yes
Madrid                0       12.05.2014    Yes
Roland Garros         0       09.06.2014    Yes
Wimbledon             0       07.07.2014    Yes

Total               383

Best uncountable:
Ranking Goals:
Code:
Goal              ~+Points        Due Date
Roland Garros MD   600            13.04.2015
US Open '15 MD     600            20.07.2015
Points to defend in the next 4 weeks:
60 (16%)
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #1953
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Just to give an overview how it looks these days when it comes to her ranking (Spoiler: Not great.). She'll basically have to start from scratch.

As she has a PR she'll get into the Aussie Open and she's guaranteed a WC for Wimbledon, so the big goals for 2015 will be to get into the main draws of the other 2 slams.

The 3 "/" tournaments are free spots in her ranking, i.e. she hasn't played a tournament that could count towards her ranking, but the zero pointers from Indian Wells to Wimbledon will stay in her ranking until they come off.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #1954
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

A ranking overview isn't really needed now, as it's evitable she was going to lose points anyway.

I'd prefer her to be hitting a tennis ball pain free(as she would) rather than worry about rankings, as that comes when you start playing tournaments again.

Last edited by Royals. : Jul 20th, 2014 at 04:41 PM.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 11:44 PM   #1955
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

I feel so bad for all three of them It must be heartbreaking. I remember Murray saying something similar when he was forced to skip RG last year.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM   #1956
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to see her healthy and on court again. She must be so hungry after this long out.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #1957
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
I feel so bad for all three of them It must be heartbreaking. I remember Murray saying something similar when he was forced to skip RG last year.
To make matters worse, the thoughtful folk at the USTA e-mailed Laura the list of available practice courts and time slots.

Last edited by Gruftgesänge : Today at 12:34 AM.
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote