Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 129 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #1921
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

I pray to the tennis Gods (or maybe the BBC) that Laura does commentary for the Bouchard vs Sharapova/maybe Kerber but probably not match.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #1922
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Anne Keothavong started her commentary career very similarly this time last year. Very softly spoken and sounded almost embarrassed to say anything without being asked. I have never heard her commentate on BT sport so this year's Wimbledon was the first time I heard her again and the transformation is remarkable. Unrecognisable to me at first.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #1923
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

I remember Anne being invited to do a bit of commentary by Eurosport, years ago. I think it was just after her first round double bagel drubbing by Safina at Garros, and she was so reticent and almost monosyllabic.

I think it takes a bit of time to feel at ease in that situation.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 02:12 PM   #1924
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Gratuitous snark from Mac about Laura at the start of the Pilchard SF.

"Nick Saviano had a decision to make: Robson or Bouchard. Where's Laura right now?"
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 02:17 PM   #1925

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post

"Nick Saviano had a decision to make: Robson or Bouchard. Where's Laura right now?"
Wow, what a bitch. Surely coaching should be more about the challenge of making someone improve? Bouchard seems pretty self-sufficent, what's so satisfying about that?
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 02:29 PM   #1926
country flag Embittered

That was John McEnroe in case it wasn't clear. Sorry.
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 02:54 PM   #1927

Quote:
That was John McEnroe in case it wasn't clear. Sorry.
Oh, I know you meant him. It was just a very bitchy thing to say, in my opinion.
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 05:09 PM   #1928
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's McEnroe. Last week he suggested to get rid of umpires. Best to just ignore him.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 08:02 PM   #1929
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

He's also in favour of playing let cords on serve

Back to Laura, I can't help but think of her when I see Genie's success on the tour. I'm happy for Genie but she's baring the brunt of my frustration with just how different their year has been (unfair of me, I know). I still think Laura is a far superior talent and has more potential. Just goes to show what a solid mind set, hard work and a bit of luck can do to a player.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 11:04 PM   #1930
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

Well I am fan of both,but I hope Genie's success motivates Laura rather than gets her down.Make her think that if she could do it,she can too.
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #1931
country flag Embittered

The news some of us have been waiting for: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...-Bouchard.html

Quote:
I really enjoy watching the 24-year-old – I commentated on her semi-final victory over fellow-Czech Lucie Šafářová on Thursday (and I’ll also be in the box for BBC Radio 5 live Live for Saturday’s match).

Last edited by Embittered : Jul 4th, 2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 05:48 PM   #1932
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
He's also in favour of playing let cords on serve

Back to Laura, I can't help but think of her when I see Genie's success on the tour. I'm happy for Genie but she's baring the brunt of my frustration with just how different their year has been (unfair of me, I know). I still think Laura is a far superior talent and has more potential. Just goes to show what a solid mind set, hard work and a bit of luck can do to a player.
Laura and Genie kind of remind me Petra (lefty with big power but poor moving) and Vika (aggressive, takes the ball early but doesn't have huge power) respectively. I think Petra is a lot more talented than Vika but Vika has had a lot better career to this point.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Jul 4th, 2014 at 05:54 PM.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #1933
country flag 4everandever

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice

Catfight...

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...2-laura-robson
4everandever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 01:10 AM   #1934
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

the blog she wrote is pretty impartial and well done.
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #1935
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

What a stunning performance from Petra.

Did anyone watch?