Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 128 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 15th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #1906
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
I wonder if she will really be fit to play in September before her ranking plummets towards 4 figures (or is that soars?).

Interesting for us geeks to see what she does, but she has lots of options. The LTA's astonishing decision to schedule a slate of ITFs in 2014 with only 4 10Ks (or whatever it was) just as the top ranks of British women's tennis were decimated may have a silver lining(*), as Laura will be able to max out her ITF wild cards.

But I don't think she should be afraid of going through qualies elsewhere, or using up some of her SRs if necessary.

(*) I wanted to get this dig in, but then I couldn't stop myself checking the actual schedule: http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-eve...ies/Calendar1/. Barnstaple and Shrewsbury have been downgraded and moved forward in the year by a few weeks, so the British ITFs appear to offer slim pickings.
If she only starts mini tennis in Mid August , you will think she will not be ready until October
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 20th, 2014, 03:15 AM   #1907
country flag FourthLion

FourthLion is an unknown quantity at this point

So sad to see this entire year go to waste! I hope she puts on a good show at BBC during Wimbledon.
FourthLion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #1908
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Having been thoroughly entertained by the spiky attitude & performance of the uber-sexy Camila Giorgi against Wozniaki yesterday I looked up a blog written by a Giorgi fan and came across the following.

"Indeed, the source of Giorgiís inner calm likely stems from the Italianís uncomplicated approach to tennis.

See ball, hit ball hard. Repeat."

"At her best, she has taken out the likes of Caroline Wozniacki, Maria Sharapova, and Victoria Azarenka. But even at her best, 53 winners are tempered by only a handful fewer errors and up to 17 double faults, all of which were struck with her signature indifference against Azarenka in Eastbourne."

Now where have we seen that description before?

Laura may not have beaten the illustrious trio yet but her game style looks pretty similar so there is hope yet.

It could be hilarious when Laura & Camila get to play each other - 2 top lookers belting the ball backwards, forwards, even sideways no doubt. The pair of them would certainly make good television viewing.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 11:41 AM   #1909
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Adapting Giorgi's game style is the last thing Laura should be doing.

They have already played each other, in Miami last year. Laura won in 3.

Please keep those fantasies to yourself.
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #1910
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Their 2013 match in Miami was untelevised but both were in dire form and on long losing streaks. I imagine it made for horrible yet somewhat entertaining viewing. 21 doubles faults between them

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 12:09 PM   #1911
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

I'd rather she played like Maddie did yesterday than like Camila.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 04:30 PM   #1912
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

‏@laurarobson5

Just created a mini league on http://fantasy.wimbledon.com , everyone welcome to join! League name Laura Robson. Password twitter. #itson
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #1913
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by @laurarobson5
Missing out on another day of Wimbledon anyone have any miracle cures for a lost voice?
Do I dare say "another Briton crashes out of the first round of Wimbledon?"
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 09:27 AM   #1914
country flag Trax

Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice

If someone want to participate

Quote:
Laura Robsonís Project

Wimbledon is around the corner and Laura isnít playing because of her wrist injury but she will be commentating the matches for the BBC.
She also did a very emotional interview saying she cried before her surgery and how she felt useless because she wonít be able to play tennis for a long time.

So to cheer her up we decided to do another project for her. You can send me messages, pictures, collages or videos. Be creative and tell Laura how much you miss her on court. You can include in your message how useful she is to you to prove her she could never be useless. You can also add your favorite quote of her on BBC.

Please send me your name, nationality and twitter account with your message.

We will send her all the messages after Wimbledon, in case she feels a bit down after these two crazy weeks

Deadline : 7 July 2014

Send me your message at laurarobsonnews@gmail.com
Trax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #1915
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Laura has received a bye straight through to the second week, and is starting her tournament on court 3 now.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #1916
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

She does pretty well so far, a bit shy maybe to say something without being asked.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:38 PM   #1917
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

And she's commentating Aga? Double win.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #1918
country flag Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of

Sam Smith asked her at the start how her wrist was recovering after surgery and when we'll see her back on the tennis court. Laura replied that she's "taking it day by day with [her] doctors and [her] physio" and that she's "starting to get some movement back with [her] wrist". Encouraging news but it's clearly still very early days in her recovery.

Laura has a very soothing vocal tone, but as Katja says, she sounds rather hesitant on what Sam terms her "maiden voyage" into the world of commentary.
Carl Sagan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #1919
country flag Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of

...That didn't last long (minus the rain delay). Makarova channelled the spirit of Laura at Madrid 2013.
Carl Sagan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #1920
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post

She does pretty well so far, a bit shy maybe to say something without being asked.
That's the old problem for any pro athlete starting with the commentary thing. It's almost like they wait for a light to flash with a "now you can talk" sign on it It seems like they have a feeling they're gonna interrupt the lead commentator in the worst moment but I can't imagine them not being told not to wait for any sign and just go with the flow. Hard to learn though.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote