Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 125 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 17th, 2014, 05:21 PM   #1861
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
FB Message.

She should get a protected ranking now aswell. Does anyone know how they work?
You have to be out at least 6 months, the protected ranking is the ranking after the last tournament played. In her case it will be 6 months in July 13/14 and her protected ranking will be #58(her ranking after the AO). You can use the protected ranking for 8 tournament but only for 1 GS and 2 premier mandatory(Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid ,Beijing)
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #1862
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future

It is for the best. The efficacy of that cytokine treatment is not really establihed . The risk of needing surgery anyway is real.
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #1863
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Sad that it's serious enough for surgery, and that this season is basically a write-off, but if it needs to be done, it needs to be done.

I just hope that this won't impede her career too much - just look at Del Potro. He's absolutely plagued by wrist injuries. It's so frustrating - this is holding her back so much.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #1864
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
You have to be out at least 6 months, the protected ranking is the ranking after the last tournament played. In her case it will be 6 months in July 13/14 and her protected ranking will be #58(her ranking after the AO). You can use the protected ranking for 8 tournament but only for 1 GS and 2 premier mandatory(Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid ,Beijing)
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Sad that it's serious enough for surgery, and that this season is basically a write-off, but if it needs to be done, it needs to be done.

I just hope that this won't impede her career too much - just look at Del Potro. He's absolutely plagued by wrist injuries. It's so frustrating - this is holding her back so much.
Not necessarily... We can only know until she's had the surgery and how she reacts to the recovery process.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #1865
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampering View Post
It is for the best. The efficacy of that cytokine treatment is not really establihed . The risk of needing surgery anyway is real.
Yup everything seems last minute here, hopefully it is not too late.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #1866
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of

Sigh...

Well I guess to every Del Potro there is a Flavia Pennetta or Kim Clisters as mentioned by James.

Absolutely gutted she will miss Wimbledon (although probably not half as much as she is).
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #1867
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Not necessarily... We can only know until she's had the surgery and how she reacts to the recovery process.
Finally a sane decision.

Shes minimalizing in her statement but at least she can rebuild with a PR of about 60. If she did the injection, 100% she would have tried to play Wimbledon. If she bombed out and been reinjured the wrist she'd need surgery and only get a PR of around with being out till next year.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #1868
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBolt View Post
Sigh...

Well I guess to every Del Potro there is a Flavia Pennetta or Kim Clisters as mentioned by James.

Absolutely gutted she will miss Wimbledon (although probably not half as much as she is).
Muguruza won her first title after a surgery. When you're out for that long you to tend to take nothing for granted when you come back.

It could be a blessing in disguise for her, I think her mentality will change drastically. I just hope the surgery is a safe one for her and she reacts well.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #1869
country flag Tampering

Quote:

It could be a blessing in disguise for her, I think her mentality will change drastically. I just hope the surgery is a safe one for her and she reacts well.
I agree, barring any more complications this situation will be a learning moment for Laura and her inner circle.

I'm sure next time she'll manage her body better. But she needs to surround herself with people that feed her unvarnished reality and not just what she wants to hear. I worry for example that her willingness to change coaches might create a culture of 'yes men' around her.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #1870
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

One thing at least - without the distraction of playing tennis Laura looks to have really committed to the training regime. If she can keep it up during the long lay off she is going to be one fit young lady when she starts playing again. Maybe a very ill wind could actually blow a bit of good and this may be the making of her. A step up on the physical side was needed to go with the on court development so with luck Laura may get at least part of her game in the right place.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 08:57 PM   #1871
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

She's out for the French Open and Wimbledon at a bare minimum. Given that she will hardly jump straight back into into it, it's not unreasonable to say that the season is more or less done. Even if she does come back August time (and I think that's a reasonable estimate), I hardly consider 1/4 of a season much of a season at all.

In any case, I would rather she takes much time as she needs than try to salvage anything from the season.

You know, you don't have to try and contradict every little thing I say. It actually puts me off commenting here. I knew without even checking this thread that you'd have replied to me.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 09:43 PM   #1872
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Sad news, but at the same time it's finally a decision and it certainly is better than trying to play through the injury. Muguruza had the advantage that she re-entered the tour at the beginning of the season, so everybody was essentially starting from scratch. I think it will probably be a lost year for Laura, but hopefully it will finally fix her wrist. and give her the ability to compete again. She's still only 20 years old, plenty of players who hadn't even broken through at that age, so it's not all grim.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #1873
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

This could be the making or breaking of her entire career. It could be the kind of injury that lingers, never fully recovers and ruins a great talent or could fix the physical problem and give her a whole new mindset of the game. Damn I hope it's the latter!

The good news about this long break is she can focus on every other aspect of her game that was holding her back. She's never needed help with the ball striking part, she's an absolute natural. But her fitness levels have visibly improved even in the last few months and I'm assuming her footwork is neater too. And now she has more time to iron out more creases.

I must say I have a really good feeling about this. I think 2015 will be huge for her.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 12:17 AM   #1874
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Right decision, just wish it had been made earlier. But what is done is done.

Here's to a hopefully much healthier Laura in late 2014/early 2015.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 07:04 PM   #1875
Royals.

She's had the surgery. But NO to the toast!

http://instagram.com/p/nJJc8mtAAm/

Hopefully the surgery went well though. It's all about the recovery now. Didn't expect her to have it so fast. Thought it was arranged for next month or something.