Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:27 PM   #166
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Well Stosur is the defending champion, so her playing well should be expected. But the fact that Robson's her opponent has got to have thrown her for a loop both because she'd have been mentally preparing for Na or Kim and because Robson's turned into quite the giant killer.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:35 PM   #167
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post

Um. Aren't we talking about tennis forum's Vikapower, rather than tennis's Vika?

It seems a bit unusual for a Petra fan to dislike Laura's game, most fans see substantial similarities.
I'm just seeing this and yeah sorry TennisForum's Vikapower *I should have disclosed that maybe* Sorry about that.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:35 PM   #168
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post

Um. Aren't we talking about tennis forum's Vikapower, rather than tennis's Vika?

It seems a bit unusual for a Petra fan to dislike Laura's game, most fans see substantial similarities.
I'm just seeing this and yeah sorry TennisForum's Vikapower *I should have disclosed that maybe* Sorry about that.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:48 PM   #169
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

maybe it was already posted, but anyway enjoy

that FH DTL winner before MP was just stunning
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 10:28 PM   #170
country flag scheele

scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the vid. great to be a laura fan at the moment.
scheele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 11:11 PM   #171
country flag DefJax

DefJax is just really nice DefJax is just really nice DefJax is just really nice DefJax is just really nice DefJax is just really nice DefJax is just really nice DefJax is just really nice DefJax is just really nice DefJax is just really nice DefJax is just really nice DefJax is just really nice

Just can't get over that unreal forehand at 5-5 to set up the MP, it just looks like it's going out all the way up to the last moment, what a shot in that situation, one of the shots of the tournament so far.
DefJax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 03:30 AM   #172
country flag JustAileen

JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
Can any poster who speaks Mandarin be able to translate what the interviewer asks Li here:

(It might not have anything to do with Laura, but its the pre-match interview and it seems she gets asked a really awkward question, just interested to know what it is)

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/video/20...tml?promo=home
She said that Na was defeated in R1 in the last 2 USO, and this time she got to R3, they asked if there're any changes, especially with the new coach.
Na replied why they always have to ask the sharp questions (well sharp might not be the best word) and they could see the changes on court.
The journalist went on to say that she watched Na's performance in RG this year in person, and felt that she could control herself better now and what made the difference.
Na replied that she felt strange that neither controling herself or not was right, felt like that everything she did was wrong (in the eyes of the press).

That were just stupid questions
JustAileen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 07:33 AM   #173
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

Stosur
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 08:26 AM   #174
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Laura's interview after beating Li

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/int...441396817.html
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 02:11 PM   #175
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
Another vote against a subforum for now. Anne gets far fewer posts than Bally, despite a similar career, because she's hidden away in a subforum.

If Laura gets so big that posts about her swamp the other British women, then it would be time, but she's not at that level yet. Even if there were two threads for her - one for media and pics and another for discussing her matches, it would still be easy to handle in the main Brit forum.
Just to go back to this discussion, Robson's got more posts in her threads than Bally and Anne combined (just counting the Anne subforum), and only about 400 (the actual figure is 416 after this post) figure is shy of having more than Bally, Anne and Heather combined. Given how Laura already gets a disproportionate share of the traffic (her old thread has garnered over four times the number of views than Bally's has, and more than every other thread in this section combined) that gap isn't going to increase until this thread has about 30 more pages. Which should only take a few months.

Last edited by KeysisGOAT : Sep 1st, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 02:42 PM   #176
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

I would vote in favor of a sub forum, now she seems to be gaining fans rapidly, I can see activity in here getting a bit much for just one thread.

It would be nice to have a thread for photos, general discussion and live score cheering, to keep things ordered and tidy.

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM   #177
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean. View Post
I would vote in favor of a sub forum, now she seems to be gaining fans rapidly, I can see activity in here getting a bit much for just one thread.

It would be nice to have a thread for photos, general discussion and live score cheering, to keep things ordered and tidy.
exactly my thought
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 05:02 PM   #178
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

Has anyone got the full match of laura playing Li and Clijsters? I cant find anywhere
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM   #179
country flag VikingTennisFan

VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean. View Post
There are hardly too many comments in this thread to keep up. Even in busy times like now, it's maybe a page a day.

Laura's thread is clearly more busy than Anne's subforum, but that's an argument to remove Anne's subforum rather than add another forum.

And why can't we have 2-3 Laura threads in the main forum? Strawberries & Cream doesn't even run to a second page yet.
VikingTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 10:19 PM   #180
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Laura plays against Stosur tomorrow, third on LA Stadium, after two men's singles matches, schedule starts at 11am local time can't wait