Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 119 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #1771
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
Side note, seems like Saviano's has the best gig in Tennis. Paid by more than one team to not directly coach players, not travel, can put most of his effort/attention into his academy but while still getting the credit as 'head coach?' Dude's got it figured out, and/or is an evil genius.
He had three in that situation last year.

The US commentators were taking friendly jabs at him and generally making a big deal that he was in Melbourne. Apparently he hadn't travelled outside the US in years. Darren Cahill asked Genie if he had to go to the passport office.
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 08:34 PM   #1772
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Nah, he's just on a restricted flying list. Something to do with parts of a death ray being found in a shipment of tennis balls bound for his academy.

That's what I remember reading in the Onion, anyway.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:25 PM   #1773
country flag Trax

Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice

Laura Robson’s schedule is getting bigger I hope she isn't giving us false hopes.
Mar 18 - Mar 29 : Miami
Mar 31 - Apr 06 : Monterrey
Apr 07 - Apr 13 : Bogota
Apr 21 - Apr 27 : Marrakech
Trax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #1774
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

I'd drop Monterrey if I was her. I would have skipped Miami too but seeing as though she's already there and is seemingly fit to play she might as well.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 06:39 PM   #1775
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to always bring bad news to this thread...but yes, Laura withdrew today from Miami
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #1776
country flag Trax

Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
I'm sorry to always bring bad news to this thread...but yes, Laura withdrew today from Miami
I'm desperate... Is she ever gonna come back?...
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #1777
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
While it might hurt in the short haul to miss tournaments, I think it's very good that she's taking her time. Julia Görges was dealing with a wrist injury last year and took a "play through the pain" approach with absolutely disastrous results.

With Laura's high-risk game being off even just a few percent pretty much renders her weaponless, and, especially given the high amount of attention she has from the British press, it's very easy to get caught in a downward spiral where the complete lack of confidence is just as big a problem as is her injured wrist.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 07:23 PM   #1778
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
While it might hurt in the short haul to miss tournaments, I think it's very good that she's taking her time. Julia Görges was dealing with a wrist injury last year and took a "play through the pain" approach with absolutely disastrous results.

With Laura's high-risk game being off even just a few percent pretty much renders her weaponless, and, especially given the high amount of attention she has from the British press, it's very easy to get caught in a downward spiral where the complete lack of confidence is just as big a problem as is her injured wrist.

I couldn't agree more. I think if she finished her season at the US Open last year, she'd be in a different position now.

She played with the injured wrist throughout the Asian Swing and made the injury much worse. She shouldn't come back on court unless she's close to 99% at least.

I think starting the partnership with Hadad will give them more time to work on a few things too.
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 07:28 PM   #1779
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

Wrists aren't to be trifled with. I was listening to some match commentary with Chanda Rubin at AO I think. She said with wrists it would start to feel okay but if you did any work or play at all after an hour the injury would reappear.

She was pretty adamant that someone with wrist tendon problems shouldn't even hit for 3 months.

Last edited by Tampering : Mar 13th, 2014 at 07:42 PM.
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 07:31 PM   #1780
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Laura withdrew today from Miami

I hope Laura gives an update on how her wrist is doing soon.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 12:02 AM   #1781
country flag RobCic

RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all

I'm hoping we get an update soon too, much rather like not to get my hopes up every week only to find her pulling out. She has a tendency not to be frank when it comes to the severity of her injuries! I understand that she is probably more disappointed than all of us though. Hope she takes as much time as she needs to make a full recovery and comes back with even more hunger for the sport.
RobCic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 01:41 AM   #1782
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

So, would it be harsh to start a betting pool for when Laura's going to be playing again?
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 06:55 AM   #1783
country flag Trax

Laura on FB

Quote:
Rough day, have sadly had to withdraw from Miami due to my ongoing wrist issue. This little stud muffin helped me feel a tad better.
I'm glad she takes time to fully heal which is super important. I'm just tired of hoping for a comeback every week and being disappointed every week. Would prefer something like I'm out for ... months. Don't know if I'm clear.
Thank god puppies are her to cheer her up
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #1784
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Laura on FB

I'm glad she takes time to fully heal which is super important. I'm just tired of hoping for a comeback every week and being disappointed every week. Would prefer something like I'm out for ... months. Don't know if I'm clear.
Thank god puppies are her to cheer her up
It looks like she does not know herself....
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 11:21 PM   #1785
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

A small but vaguely promising piece of news... According to Mike Dickson, who seems better informed about all matters concerning Laura than any of the other tennis journalists, Laura was considering entering the doubles in Miami with none other than birthday girl Sloane Stephens!!! before thinking better of it. I wonder if it was Sloane's demand that Laura purchase her a "12 person, 3 room tent" from the now legendary online registry that put her off the idea (http://www.target.com/RegistryGiftGi...t_adv_xasd0002).

More seriously, it's interesting that Laura's thinking about testing her wrist in doubles before launching her comeback in singles. I remember that Maria Sharapova did something similar when she made her return from shoulder surgery in 2009: she started off by playing doubles only (with Vesnina, I think). It's a sensible idea to take things gradually though Laura's conclusion that it's "too soon", as yet, for her to try doubles suggests she's still very uncertain about the state of her wrist.

Last edited by Gruftgesänge : Mar 14th, 2014 at 11:38 PM.
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote