Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 114 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #1696
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
You're so negative.

Laura seems happy from what I can tell so far anyway.
I'm sure she's happy. She hasn't looked happy on tour for quite a while. To me this decision is Laura trying to go back to when she was happiest in her tennis career. Training at Saviano with Sloane and Genie when she was 12.

Maybe it will work, but Genie was definitely very firm that Nick is her coach on that radio interview.
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #1697
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampering View Post
I'm sure she's happy. She hasn't looked happy on tour for quite a while. To me this decision is Laura trying to go back to when she was happiest in her tennis career. Training at Saviano with Sloane and Genie when she was 12.

Maybe it will work, but Genie was definitely very firm that Nick is her coach on that radio interview.

Saviano is all Genie's.

Having him and Witten as a combo may be best off right now for Laura. Than just jumping straight into a long term partnership that may end in tears again.

They both know her very well, and Laura seems to know what she needs to do on court now. She's played on tour without a full time coach for years anyway. It's basically back to basics for the time being.

I'm optimistic anyway. She seems more determined than ever to get her act together.

Last edited by Royals. : Nov 20th, 2013 at 01:50 PM.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #1698
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

we were all expecting thomas or sven,or at least joyce to be her coach weeks ago.but now,witten,a hitting partner,just retired,would probably be her new coach,agh,thats just not good...
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #1699
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Saviano is all Genie's.

Having him and Witten as a combo may be best off right now for Laura. Than just jumping straight into a long term partnership that may end in years again.

They both know her very well, and Laura seems to know what she needs to do on court now. She's played on tour without a full time coach for years anyway. It's basically back to basics for the time being.

I'm optimistic anyway. She seems more determined than ever to get her act together.
I'm more or less in agreement. I think the media puts too much emphasis who the coach is. Getting better comes from within the player them self. But if it doesn't go well I fully expect the UK media to blow a gasket.
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #1700
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampering View Post
I'm more or less in agreement. I think the media puts too much emphasis who the coach is. Getting better comes from within the player them self. But if it doesn't go well I fully expect the UK media to blow a gasket.
Well she will just fire him and move on. She uses it now
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #1701
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Haha we're all so negative! Laura needs a happy working environment, hopefully this will do the trick. I'm not too happy about her playing second fiddle to genie though...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #1702
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all

Im just hoping Laura to win at least one tournament before French Open then I know for sure everyone wanna get involve for her next hurdle.
james_von05 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #1703

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

The more I think about this the weirder it is, Witten has very little coaching experience. Wasn't he playing futures only last year? This is the time in her career when Laura needs to be putting a strong team together to last several years. This does not look like that.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #1704
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Max Eisenbud(agent) was the one who revealed to the press that Laura now has a "confirmed team" with Saviano being the coach and Witten her hitting partner.

Eisenbud would surely have said Saviano would just help/give guidance but it's written in articles that he's her "coach". Eisenbud is a seasoned professional and wouldn't tell the media false info about his client.

But Genie has said Saviano is her coach and will be travelling to tournaments together, but Eisenbud said the opposite from the articles. Unless certain media outlets have over-exaggerated... (Daily Fail)

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/n...team-confirmed

Last edited by Royals. : Nov 20th, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #1705

Where does it say in that article that Max said Nick was her coach? I wanna see a quote For all we know he could have said as part of a coaching team, that's not the same thing. The newspapers could well have turned that into coach. From everything I've seen I think Nick will be more of a consultancy role for Laura and she will be based at his academy with Witten as her hitting partner and trying to implement Nick's guidance. If Nick is travelling to the slams with Genie he's Genie's coach. Just feel Laura's let herself take second best here.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #1706
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm, seems more likely that Genie's expressed it wrong than Max, but you never know.

edit: after seeing Play_Suspended's comment, entirely likely that the website has twisted what Max has told them.

Cronin says that Laura will only work with Nick at his academy, so technically he is her coach, just not when they're on the road. So yeah, consultant does appear to be a more suitable term.

https://twitter.com/TennisReporters/...23963259506688
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #1707
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Where does it say in that article that Max said Nick was her coach? I wanna see a quote For all we know he could have said as part of a coaching team, that's not the same thing. The newspapers could well have turned that into coach. From everything I've seen I think Nick will be more of a consultancy role for Laura and she will be based at his academy with Witten as her hitting partner and trying to implement Nick's guidance. If Nick is travelling to the slams with Genie he's Genie's coach. Just feel Laura's let herself take second best here.
It's said that it's confirmed by Max that she's working with Saviano. Therefore the info he given them would have maybe inspired the article. That's why I also said, they could have over-exaggerated on what Max actually said by "working together" but it's weird that they said "coach" wouldn't Max have told them that it was a consultancy role if that's what it is? That's nothing to hide.

The info the media has is that's it's a "coaching" role. Which is weird from Genie's comments as she's sure Saviano is her full time coach.

I personally think it's a consultancy role, Eisenbud's words seem to have been twisted slightly. I do think Laura's playing second best here. She could just have Sven or someone else in a consultancy role not Genie's full time coach.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #1708
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's said that it's confirmed by Max that she's working with Saviano. Therefore the info he given them would have maybe inspired the article. That's why I also said, they could have over-exaggerated on what Max actually said by "working together" but it's weird that they said "coach" wouldn't Max have told them that it was a consultancy role if that's what it is? That's nothing to hide.

The info the media has is that's it's a "coaching" role. Which is weird from Genie's comments as she's sure Saviano is her full time coach.

I personally think it's a consultancy role, Eisenbud's words seem to have been twisted slightly. I do think Laura's playing second best here. She could just have Sven or someone else in a consultancy role not Genie's full time coach.
I think that's the measure of it. Not sure this arrangement is a good idea for Laura and Genie's friendship.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #1709
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
I agree with you. You can listen to Genie here http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_deman...-Interview.mp3 (4:20)the Saviano part is toward the end.

Last edited by guichard : Nov 20th, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #1710
country flag guichard

Quote:

To be clear Genie hasn't used the term "full time coach"