Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 110 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 26th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #1636
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggoTHEgoat View Post
So here's a 3 year old video of Laura which I'm sure most people here have seen at some point:

Is that Eugenie Bouchard dancing with Laura at 2:46? I can definitely see a lot of similarities to the Gangnam vid.
Fixed the video.

Just put the part after v= in {youtube}{/youtube} tags, only in square brackets.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 26th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #1637
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggoTHEgoat View Post

Is that Eugenie Bouchard dancing with Laura at 2:46? I can definitely see a lot of similarities to the Gangnam vid.
No... that's a guy. (probably a friend of Laura)
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #1638
country flag boggoTHEgoat

boggoTHEgoat is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a boy??? I'm going to need proof to believe that!
boggoTHEgoat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #1639
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBolt View Post
I think they will definitely partner again in Rio 2016. I'm sure they will partner for a slam at one point too, hopefully Wimbledon. Although it might not be next year considering Andy needs to come back from back surgery and try and defend his Wimbledon title etc.
No chance of Rio. The only reason they played in London was because as the host country, GB were guaranteed entry to every event (not just tennis).

Everyone else has to qualify and Andy & Laura will not be in the Mxd rankings in 2016.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #1640
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

There are mixed doubles rankings?
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #1641
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
There are mixed doubles rankings?
No there is not. They used the best of the singles or doubles ranking of both players to make the entry list. If we are doing it today, Andy Murray 3 , robson 46 combined ranking 49 or jamie murray 10, robson 46 combined ranking 56
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #1642
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

No one has posted or voted in my review threads?
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1643
country flag KeysisGOAT

I didn't notice them, sorry. I've contributed to the best win. There have been too many bad losses this year for me to have an opinion about her worst.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #1644
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

didn't notice them either.
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1645
Royals.

Laura has the 10th highest number of aces in the WTA, this year.

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...atch_stats.pdf

Shame about the DFs though...

8th on the list for first service points won.
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #1646
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Those stats are really interesting. If only her second serve would hold up...
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #1647
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Laura has the 10th highest number of aces in the WTA, this year.

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...atch_stats.pdf

Shame about the DFs though...

8th on the list for first service points won.
That's a telling stat and it adds some weight to the controversial hypothesis that Stefan Edberg advanced a week ago: http://www.cityam.com/article/138239...cut-ties-coach He argues that rather than wasting her time trying to improve her movement or her net game Laura should concentrate on refining and honing her strengths: her serve and her forehand. The more I think about it the more sense Edberg's argument makes. Laura spent the first 5 months of the tennis season double-faulting. She spent the next 5 months hitting forehands into the back fence. Save for a few exceptions (Radwanska in Madrid; Kirilenko at Wimbledon) her two killer shots were never working in unison. Edberg's opinion should be respected. His primary weakness was very different from Laura's - he had a bizarre forehand drive which he hit with his backhand grip. Critics pointed out his 'crucial' weakness time and time again, but Edberg ignored them and played to his strengths: his superb athleticism, kick serve and sharp reflexes at the net.

Laura would have won so many more matches this season if her 1st serve percentage was consistently high and she was opening up the court to put away her first strike on the forehand. Food for thought...

Last edited by Gruftgesänge : Oct 28th, 2013 at 11:04 PM.
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #1648
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

I find that surprising seeing as she's only actually played 40 matches this year due to the horrendous first half of the year! I'd also like to see where she comes on the DF list....
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #1649
country flag AshBolt

AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wolfe View Post

Laura would have won so many more matches this season if her 1st serve percentage was consistently high and she was opening up the court to put away her first strike on the forehand. Food for thought...
I agree that she should focus on improving her strengths over her weaknesses. But her return game does need to be addressed. As Pliskova demonstrates, a great serve can only take you so far. Top players like Serena and Sharapova back up their great serve with a decent return game. Laura gets aced way too easily. She's good at attacking a second serve but struggles against a half decent first serve. I think this is why she has struggled against Wozniacki this year.. So yeah..maybe she could get some tips from Andy Murray about that or hopefully her new coach will be able to help her with it.
AshBolt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #1650
country flag guichard

Nice she is having a some time off in SA

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App