Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:55 PM   #151
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

It feels so weird seeing all these different posters in Strawberries & Cream
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:56 PM   #152
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
OMG people, calm down. She's in R4, a little bit early to speak about winning the title
yep
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:57 PM   #153
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
she keeps on bad talking her calling her over-hyped and saying someone needs to beat her ASAP. She should STFU and concentrate on her faves instead of her least faves. I really don't get that.
OMG.
Like omg.

What the hell? She could barely handle Laura in the first set of when they played mixed dubs final at olympics. Obvs different circumstances and whatever but still when they had exchanges, Laura was winning them

Why does she have to open her mouth ? It't about as ugly as her personality. The Anonymous world number 1- so agree. Obvs just jel cause she doesnt have as many twitter followers.

Btw, do you have a source? Whereabouts did you see this? So interested to see it.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:58 PM   #154

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
It feels so weird seeing all these different posters in Strawberries & Cream
I love it If sexysova is here, you know Laura is in good hands

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 07:01 PM   #155
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
I love it If sexysova is here, you know Laura is in good hands
what do you mean?
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 07:12 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexysova View Post
what do you mean?
I might be wrong, but I see similarities in the way Robson and Vaidisova play- explosive serve and power. Nicole made top 10- she was a great player and could have done so much more, but I think you may be seeing the same potential in Laura as you saw in Nicole?

It's just promising All compliments intended

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 07:36 PM   #157
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 07:40 PM   #158
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
OMG.
Like omg.

What the hell? She could barely handle Laura in the first set of when they played mixed dubs final at olympics. Obvs different circumstances and whatever but still when they had exchanges, Laura was winning them

Why does she have to open her mouth ? It't about as ugly as her personality. The Anonymous world number 1- so agree. Obvs just jel cause she doesnt have as many twitter followers.

Btw, do you have a source? Whereabouts did you see this? So interested to see it.

Um. Aren't we talking about tennis forum's Vikapower, rather than tennis's Vika?

It seems a bit unusual for a Petra fan to dislike Laura's game, most fans see substantial similarities.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 07:56 PM   #159
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't read too much into that Olympic mixed match, Sam was awful & the grass dulls a lot of her top spin, it wasn't kicking nearly as much as it does on these courts. Whatever happens this has been an incredible tournament for Laura, she's passed some major tests & everything is a learning experience. She shouldn't expect everything to happen to quickly!

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 08:17 PM   #160

Can any poster who speaks Mandarin be able to translate what the interviewer asks Li here:

(It might not have anything to do with Laura, but its the pre-match interview and it seems she gets asked a really awkward question, just interested to know what it is)

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/video/20...tml?promo=home

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 08:17 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post

Um. Aren't we talking about tennis forum's Vikapower, rather than tennis's Vika?

It seems a bit unusual for a Petra fan to dislike Laura's game, most fans see substantial similarities.
I think I misread

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 08:49 PM   #162
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Quote:
I might be wrong, but I see similarities in the way Robson and Vaidisova play- explosive serve and power. Nicole made top 10- she was a great player and could have done so much more, but I think you may be seeing the same potential in Laura as you saw in Nicole?

It's just promising All compliments intended
you're so right I wish Nicole comes back. when speaking of Nicole, if Laura is so similar to Nicole in reality then she has to beat Stosur (H2H: Vaidisova leads Stosur 6-0) just kidding, every match is different, of course I can't wait anyway
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:01 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexysova View Post
you're so right I wish Nicole comes back. when speaking of Nicole, if Laura is so similar to Nicole in reality then she has to beat Stosur (H2H: Vaidisova leads Stosur 6-0) just kidding, every match is different, of course I can't wait anyway
I miss Nicole too She was my favourite on Top Spin 3

Well let's hope Laura can live up to that H2H, there will be even more similarities then

In all seriousness, I really do think she can challenge Stosur

Let's hope for the best

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:06 PM   #164
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Personally, I'm hoping (read: delusionally dreaming) for Laura to make the semis. Mostly because Laura vs Masha in the second week, rather than the second round appeals to me. Petra vs Laura would also be interesting.

But yes Stosur is a beatable player. But then, I remember saying that about Stycova at Palermo.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:20 PM   #165
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Stosur is beatable but she seems to be playing in a very good form this week I would prefer Laura to play Kvitova (well, I dislike Kvitova) but mainly because Petra is not playing as good as Stosur this week

of course, Laura can win but it will be very tough, Stosur could mentally fail tho.