Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 107 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 17th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #1591
country flag GS2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Randomly I ended up sitting in front of Monica Puig & (i think) Darren Cahill at Eastbourne this year, they were on Court 1 watching Caro but also positioned so they could see Cristea's match against Kerber.

He did seem really genuinely invested in both players doing well so it's a nice back up for Laura to have but a permenant coach seems best. She and Miles do seem to get on well - I liked what she mentioned in an interview about her texting him about having done well in some online game that he didn't understand and his response was - OMG that's like, so totally awesome! I firmly believe in the importance of sarcasm in a relationship!
GS2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 17th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #1592
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Scratch that actually, originally Matt Cronin sent out a tweet that looked as though he meant to message Sven, referring to the training camp and detailing that those players would be attending. Cronin deleted it later.

However have just seen that 10sball.com has posted:
Adidas PD will work with some players this week prior to the hard court season but that group won’t include adidas players Ivanovic, Caro Wozniacki or Laura Robson. The group will include Monica Puig, Sorana Cirstea and possibly Christina McHale. . .

Makes more sense to be working with Miles purely. Don't want conflicting influences.
Yeah Puig posted a photo with Mchale and Cristea
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #1593
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me for stopping by (again) but I'm drunk and still support Laura. Kill em' all. slut!
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #1594
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Yeah interesting one Laura moving to IMG (see articles thread). Not surprised in a way, her deal with Octagon was up. Wonder if she will be with Max, surely? And how that will change her representation. Be weird getting a new agent, been with Abi Tordoff and Octagon a long time.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #1595
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt Max would be her agent - he's already attached to Maria, Li and Madison Keys, and those are the ones I know of.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #1596
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I doubt Max would be her agent - he's already attached to Maria, Li and Madison Keys, and those are the ones I know of.
I doubt she'd go to IMG if she didn't get Max.

Max would know there would be tons of benefits working for Laura.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #1597

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

We'll see, depending on how many other clients Max has, but Laura's definitely 'big enough' to work with Max. With her potential you would think he would want to be involved.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #1598

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
I doubt she'd go to IMG if she didn't get Max.

Max would know there would be tons of benefits working for Laura.
I doubt Laura is arrogant enough to think that only Max is good enough for her.

That said, having thought about it it's not as unlikely as I initially thought... there's potential for Laura to become *the* female tennis player in Britain, if she isn't already, and I could see why that would intice him. But, we don't know how many other players he looks after.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #1599
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
I doubt Laura is arrogant enough to think that only Max is good enough for her.

That said, having thought about it it's not as unlikely as I initially thought... there's potential for Laura to become *the* female tennis player in Britain, if she isn't already, and I could see why that would intice him. But, we don't know how many other players he looks after.
Yes, plus surely his main focus will remain on Sharapova and Li at least in the short term. I am sure Max delegates some of his responsibilities to other "agents/staffers" at IMG.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #1600
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Knew it! Max would not turn this opportunity down.

Quote:
@TennisReporters: Confirmed that IMGs Max Eisenbud is Laura Robsons new agent. He also reps Sharapova, Li and Keys. Big $ coming 4 both as LR very marketable
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #1601
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Knew it! Max would not turn this opportunity down.
Good for her. Should be on her way to USA if she isn't already there
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #1602

He has Sharapova and Li for this gen, and Keys and Laura for the next... if Laura could turn out as successful as either Maria or Nails, I would be very happy indeed.

Interestingly, all of Max's players are Nike, but I don't see Laura leaving adidas at all. I wonder whether Max will try and push that in the future? He probably has ties with Nike, (iirc, Keys is even one of Maria's minions). But Laura has been with adidas for so long, and with the Stella thing as well...
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #1603

Quote:
He has Sharapova and Li for this gen, and Keys and Laura for the next... if Laura could turn out as successful as either Maria or Nails, I would be very happy indeed.

Interestingly, all of Max's players are Nike, but I don't see Laura leaving adidas at all. I wonder whether Max will try and push that in the future? He probably has ties with Nike, (iirc, Keys is even one of Maria's minions). But Laura has been with adidas for so long, and with the Stella thing as well...
For a start we dont know when her clothing contract is up, but it makes more sense to stay with Adidas (though I agree most of the IMG players are nike). For a start most of the up and coming players are with Nike..Madison, Donna, Genie...or another company e.g. Sloane with underarmour. Adidas do not have many of them (Puig). Makes more sense to stay in teh less crowded marketplace. She's already on the Stella line IF (big if) she is sucessful (top 10, slams) she would be the main Adidas girl. More competition at Nike. Plus bet Adidas would pay not to lose her.
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #1604
Royals.

Quote:

That was the first thing I thought about too. I agree, I don't see Laura leaving Adidas at all. She's been with them since she was 12... and been apart of the player development team from the very beginning. So she's familiar with everyone there.

As Play_Suspended said, Nike is packed with so many other up and coming girls. Genie, Madison, Donna, Taylor. There would be way too much competition. Laura does have a chance to replace Wozniacki as Stella's golden girl. (If she provides the results)

Max is a business mastermind... So any decision he makes should benefit Laura (and himself) in the long run.
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #1605
country flag guichard

Yes, I agree better she stays with Adidas but I wouldn't be surprised if she goes to Nike in few years. Money talk and Nike has way more than Adidas