Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 105 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #1561
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Umm... Pretty sure Kotre's right here..clothing contracts are normally only for tennis related stuff, not everything offcourt (unless perhaps you're someone like Sharapova and even then...).
Agree with you here... if Laura was going around wearing a t-shirt with a massive 'JUST DO IT' slogan across the chest, they'd probably have a problem - but wearing Converse, which most people don't associate with Nike anyway, and as Kotre said isn't really a conflict of interest with her adidas sponsorship... I highly doubt this has even registered on adidas' radar.

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #1562
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsi View Post
Are you privy to what is in the contract?
No, just common sense.

Quote:
It is NOTHING to do with selling shoes, it is about wearing another brand which is owned by their most hated rival. I doubt Laura will be seen with them on again.
Actually, it's all about selling shoes, and anything else Laura has a contract for. Adidas offers clothing sponsorships to players because they're high profile, walking billboards. They're not using her to sell every day clothes, they're using her to sell tennis clothes. She's not obligated to wear only Adidas clothing.

Quote:
When Laura played with the red adidas shoes at the Olympics last year there was a huge amount of interest in the UK about them and it wasn't for tennis, it was because they looked good. I was even thinking of getting a pair but am iffy about the adidas quality.
Thank you for explaining why clothing companies make their clothes look good before putting them on their walking billboards/models/sponsored players.

Or to put it another way, I doubt Ferrari would have objected much if Michael Schumacher did the school run in a VW Golf back when he was with them.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #1563
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Umm... Pretty sure Kotre's right here..clothing contracts are normally only for tennis related stuff, not everything offcourt (unless perhaps you're someone like Sharapova and even then...).
Sharapova tweeted few times from a iphone eventhough she is sponsored by samsung.oops
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #1564

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

^^ That was probably Max though

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #1565
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

doesn't make a difference and you will except "him " to be more careful
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #1566

I know, just joking around.

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #1567
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Sure Laura won't let it go to her head, but probably a good thing she'll be heading to the US soon after yet more press attention when she went to Mahiki last night (see pics thread). Be good to get back to normality, less celebrity stuff.
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #1568
country flag guichard

Yeah it will be good thing to get away form it all
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #1569
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what Stella McCartney is thinking... just awful.

Laura clearly hates the cut out part of the Top as she only wore it for her doubles match, she wore a Polo for her singles instead.

The capped sleeves does nothing for her figure, it looks really unflattering on her. She would look much better without sleeves.

<<< Like here, this was a great outfit. She needs more tops like these.

Last edited by Royals. : Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #1570
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Laura looks better with sleeves imo.
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #1571
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

I don't mind sleeves (though it's nice to see her in some strappy stuff at least some of the time), but I think the US top is too 'blocky', makes her look solid/chunky which she isn't. The polo shirt was uninspiring but did look classic on her. Only plus is at least it's a bit tighter...Laura's had a lot of loose stuff this year (clay panda outfit).
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #1572
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Temperatures in August & Sept will regularly be in the 80's and the humidity is much higher than the UK.

When it is hot & sweaty it is refreshing to get some fresh air onto the upper chest area. They may not be the latest fashion statement but even with the covered shoulders at least a polo lets some of the heat out at the front. In a sport clothing designer's brief, what percentage is driven by functionality rather than making a fashion statement?

There is only so much materials such as Coolmax can do so I expect to see Laura hooking her finger into the neckline and blowing cooling air in regularly.

Last edited by allracquetsports : Jul 7th, 2013 at 02:16 PM.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #1573
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Andy's win inspires Laura to do well.

She's seems inspired judging from her tweet.
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #1574

Those new Stella outfits are truly horrendous. I hope they are paying her a lot of money to wear them.

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #1575
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future Tampering has a brilliant future

God her outfit is fugly.

80s glam rock mesh top with a sports bra underneath? Why don't they go all the way and make it asymmetrical and have it hang off one shoulder. And that skirt...
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote