Players calling time this year - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #31
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Players calling time this year

It's really sad and difficult for Agnes though. Her problems are with her back. It's not like she sprained her ankle and hasn't dedicated herself fully to a comeback effort. If she goes out and has pain, she pulls the plug.

So much talent down the drain.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #32
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute

first post updated with more recent news.
Amaze-arenka, Kvitty-GOAT and Halep
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, Koukalova, The Other Czechs, Halep, Keys, Townsend, Paszek
Li, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova, Makarova, The Other Russians, Kerber, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #33
country flag sravat1234
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

sravat1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

not surprised at the list above.
sravat1234 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #34
country flag Pvt. Kovalenko

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenas warriors View Post
Outside bets?

Svetlana Kuznetsova?
She's free again to return to trainings and regain her physical form..

Svetlana Kuznetsova / Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Maria Kirilenko / Valeria Savinykh

Sorana Cirstea / Petra Kvitova

Anastasia Myskina / Maria Sharapova / Elena Dementieva
Pvt. Kovalenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #35
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if this injury might turn out to be a blessing in disguise for Kuznetsova. Even though posters on here too often reach for suggesting slumping players should take a "break" as if mental exhaustion or lack of motivation is their problem (this has been suggested for Ivanovic, Wozniacki and Jankovic in recent years, when all those players seem to have plenty motivation, their problem is lack of confidence and games not being good enough, which taking a few months away from playing matches would only exacerbate) - in Kuznetsova's case it really DOES seem to be a case of her just not being motivated enough, seeing as she is still capable of pulling top 10-level performances out of the bag from nowhere when she wants to (against Queen Vulture at RG this year). Maybe like so many players in their mid-20s who are forced out of the game for an extended period, maybe being bored at home will make Kuznetsova realise how much she enjoys the game and will encourage her to really dedicate herself to it for the next few years. Now that I think about it, even though her form has gone AWOL for very long periods at a time in the past few years, she's actually been pretty much constantly playing, she rarely gets serious injuries - so maybe she just hasn't had a chance to miss the game until now.

Pennetta is another one who I'd be surprised to see retire - even with her injury, she's managed to put in decent results at times this year (Rome & the Olympics). And that's even leaving aside her continued doubles success.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #36
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and on Date Krumm - I've been assuming she would retire this year, but you would assume she would want to retire in Tokyo, and we haven't heard anything about it, so maybe she's going to carry on after all?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #37
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Dulko allegedly.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #38
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Zvonareva? She allegedly ended her season and her top 5 days are over. May want to start her career in politics right away?

Benesova want babies soon just like Dulko.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #39
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
Kveta Peschke confirmed at the end of 2011 that this is going to be her last year on the tour. She's definitely retiring.

Baltacha is probably done too. Her emotional reaction after losing at the Olympics probably confirmed that she isn't going to be coming back even after her injury is recovered.
My crystal ball sucks. Peschke reversed her decision, and now plans to play on in 2013.

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 01:27 AM   #40
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Will Paola Suárez keep playing? And what about Husárová? I kind of got the feeling that both came back for the Olympics (although Janette didn't get to play).
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM   #41

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again for updates. Have updated first post
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, Koukalova, The Other Czechs, Halep, Keys, Townsend, Paszek
Li, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova, Makarova, The Other Russians, Kerber, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:22 AM   #42
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

I think Kremer is playing til her 500th win.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
I think Kremer is playing til her 500th win.
Eeksh she may be going forever, lol!

Seriously she is at 485 wins... Losses catching up though with 409.
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #44
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute
I really really hope Kremer won't retire before her 500th win. That would be such a pity.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using VerticalSports.Com App
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #45
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute
Anne Keothavong said that she has no plans on retirement yet.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using VerticalSports.Com App
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote