Hard Court Season - Rogers Cup in Montreal - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #166
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: Hard Court Season - Rogers Cup in Montreal

Now we can start wondering everything we read... We can ask ourselves also the question if Maria really exists or is just a hologram projection of cosmic forces.
Myles has quote from Masha:
Quote:
Hereís what she had to say in a just-completed conference call (presumably from her downtown hotel). "Itís unfortunate I had to withdraw late this morning, from the stomach illness Iíve had the last couple of days. I came to Montreal hoping I would recover but this morning I was still not very well, so was not able to practice, which is not the best preparation in order to compete tomorrow. Itís very unfortunate. I was very much looking forward to playing here in front of my fans, but thereís always a next time and I hope that time will come soon."
About it being related to the short turnaround after the Olympics.
"In my particular situation I think it was just a coincidence. Obviously if my stomach was healthy enough to play I was already here, ready to play. Itís a very quick turnaround after very big events in the last couple of months, for all of us. We want to have the best preparation we can for the U.S. Open. This is a very important tournament for us. I was here, ready to play the tournament. You just have to make the best decision for your body."
Is there anything that could have been done with the schedule?
"I think this year we didnít have much choice. Itís once in four years that we have the Olympics, itís one of those things. We have so many events during the year already, but of course we all want to be part of the Olympics as well. Everyoneís situation is different. But I donít think anything could have been done in terms of scheduling. I havenít had something like this since I can remember, so for me itís something different. I was hoping I would recover faster than I did, but Iím certainly not ready to compete yet. Itís just a matter of a few days, just obviously I would have to start the tournament (Thursday), and for this particular tournamen Iím just not ready.I started feeling it a few days ago,. I felt something the day before (the Olympic gold-medal match against Serena Williams), but it wasnít as bad as itís been the last couple of days.Ē
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #167
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's what is written in her website in the article about her withdrawal, at least we can rely on that
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #168
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Yeah it's what is written in her website in the article about her withdrawal, at least we can rely on that
No we can't. TeamPova could be lying aswell. You know, like they are about certain things. *cough cough*
The site still has "Olympics 2012 - Representing Russia" on it... Or is my browser having an old version of the site??
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #169
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Yeah he is pretty critical of Caro. I never really notice cause I'm not a fan of hers, but if you were he'd be pretty fucking annoying.

I for one don't mind him. He's kind of easy on Maria and tweets good press conference quotes.
Well, at the end of the day I guess it doesn't really matter where he gets his info from as long as it's reliable.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #170
country flag Queenpova

Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute

chrissie-fan is so nice but my dislike for Caro comes from:

A) Her game style. Very unappealing, has no variety, just push push push.
B) Her personality: tries too hard, reminds me of those 11 year old kids who do things thinking they're funny but fail miserably (example: the balloon thing with maria, the nadal press conference parody)
C) Her on court behavior: her match against Kanepi in RG where she was extremly rude to the umpire "Have you gone to school??", her ridiculous argument in Miami in match point "LET HAAAR CHALLENGEEEEEEE" and more I cant remember right now. Off court she tries to be miss sunshine but her true colors come out on court
Queenpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #171
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I for some reason cannot remember, but why didn't Maria play Montrťal in 2010? Was it after Cincy?
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #172
country flag RenaPova

RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
I for some reason cannot remember, but why didn't Maria play Montrťal in 2010? Was it after Cincy?
I think it was after Cincinnati that year and I think got an ankle or heel injury or something similar during Cincinnati, I don't remember very well myself either though so I may be wrong.
RenaPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #173
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenpova View Post

B) Her personality: tries too hard, reminds me of those 11 year old kids who do things thinking they're funny but fail miserably (example: the balloon thing with maria, the nadal press conference parody)
C) Her on court behavior: her match against Kanepi in RG where she was extremly rude to the umpire "Have you gone to school??", her ridiculous argument in Miami in match point "LET HAAAR CHALLENGEEEEEEE" and more I cant remember right now. Off court she tries to be miss sunshine but her true colors come out on court
Well, I can't really comment on this since some (understandably) object to the fact that there's been so much Caro talk here lately, and I guess that I'm the main reason for that. But I don't think that it's very likely that we'll change each others minds anyway, so let's just agree to disagree.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #174
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaPova View Post
I think it was after Cincinnati that year and I think got an ankle or heel injury or something similar during Cincinnati, I don't remember very well myself either though so I may be wrong.
Right! She hurt her foot in that 3rd set that should have never happened against Kim in the Cincy final. Probs also mentally drained from losing that.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #175
country flag RenaPova

RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
Right! She hurt her foot in that 3rd set that should have never happened against Kim the Devil in the Cincy final. Probs also mentally drained from losing that.
That match.

I'm just glad she got her revenge at the Olympics.
RenaPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #176
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenpova View Post

reading that made me

But I agree with all of this. I was just watching highlights of her Match against Sharapova at US open 2010 and I gather that this was around about her peak and the points are just so boring to watch! Maria having to hit a hundred winners to win a point but Caro giving nothing in return
cautiouslip is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #177
country flag MM_1257

This is not Caro thread... Go to OT thread to tell why you like/dislike Caro.
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #178
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Queenpova,

You have a serious personality disorder. You are worse than abesky. I wish you would go whereever he went and support Rodionova or whatever:

1. You never make a positive post about any player, poster or thing.

2. Your hate-mongering threads and posts on GM drag down the reputation of the entire Pova fan base and give good reason for some to revile it.

3. Your posts are trite, unoriginal regurgitations of what other hate-mongering posters have previously written.

I so wish you would just go away.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #179
country flag Queenpova

Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute Queenpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
Queenpova,

You have a serious personality disorder. You are worse than abesky. I wish you would go whereever he went and support Rodionova or whatever:

1. You never make a positive post about any player, poster or thing.

2. Your hate-mongering threads and posts on GM drag down the reputation of the entire Pova fan base and give good reason for some to revile it.

3. Your posts are trite, unoriginal regurgitations of what other hate-mongering posters have previously written.

I so wish you would just go away.

Dont address me again, I dont use haters like you. Please I'll give you 15 dollars so you can get a life and stop stalking me.
Queenpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #180
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Bitch, you are the one who needs OUT. Intentional or unintentional I don't care you are pathetic in both cases so make yourself disappear. Weren't you not showing your face till US OPEN so get out!
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote