Unpopular Opinions - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #181
country flag dangalak

dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice dangalak is just really nice
Re: Unpopular Opinions

1. Serena is overrated as hell and so is Venus.

2. Same for Graf.

3. Martina HIngis is extremely underrated. (OMG she is prolly inferior to absolute peak Serena; newsflash: so are most people. Venus even at her peak would struggle to beat her as shown in USO 99/00, WMB 00 and helpless when she is off her game (AO 01)

4. Martina Navratilova should be undisputed GOAT.
dangalak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #182
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
losing in first round of GS to nobody is 500 times worse than losing 6-0 6-0 in the Final..... in the first case your achievement is worse than 64 players have on the tournament, in the second case only the winner is better than you.
I think most people would agree with that

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:52 AM   #183
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Ivanovic and Jankovic will win a women's doubles Slam together before their careers end.
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 03:03 PM   #184
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
losing in first round of GS to nobody is 500 times worse than losing 6-0 6-0 in the Final..... in the first case your achievement is worse than 64 players have on the tournament, in the second case only the winner is better than you.
Getting double bageled in the final would be 500 times more humiliating though as there would be 500 times as many people watching.
bobito is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #185
country flag Passierschlag

Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light

I think Rezai deserves to be in the Top 10.
Passierschlag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #186
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piter View Post
Ana will come back to top10 and win 4 matches in GS in a row.
She just did! top 10 is near though...

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #187
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

People who discuss court speed issues tend to go into analytical overdrive that quickly degenerates into pointless, hair-splitting discussions that give way too much weight to insignificant factors such as altitude of the venue, atmospheric conditions, time of day, wear and tear of the court surface after a week of play... Conditions (humidity etc.), if extreme, have an impact on the way (red) clay courts play, and that's pretty much it. And there's Bogotá. Everything else isn't really relevant; the court surface is either quick or slow and that's that.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #188
country flag JanNYC

JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future

Venus, even at her peak, has never been better than Serena.

Maria Sharapova is only seen as overrated by some b/c of the way she was hypes after winning Wimbledon in 2004. As far as talent and ability goes, I feel she has lived up to her talent level. Perhaps she could do better if her nerves weren't so shot sometimes, but that's a big if....
JanNYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #189
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Serena Williams OWNS an apology for the USTA for her LIES in that NY article where she claimed there's been conspiracies to stop her from winning USO in the past.

Its now a FACT that it was SHE who acted poorly in matches that did not go her way. A 4th title proves her and her stans WRONG...again!!!
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #190
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex is a name known to all Aphex is a name known to all Aphex is a name known to all Aphex is a name known to all Aphex is a name known to all Aphex is a name known to all Aphex is a name known to all Aphex is a name known to all Aphex is a name known to all Aphex is a name known to all Aphex is a name known to all

Justine Henin's retirement days before RG 08 as 3 years reigning champ and heavy favourite is one of the strangest and most suspicious events in sports in a very long time.
Aphex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #191
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanNYC View Post
Venus, even at her peak, has never been better than Serena.

Maria Sharapova is only seen as overrated by some b/c of the way she was hypes after winning Wimbledon in 2004. As far as talent and ability goes, I feel she has lived up to her talent level. Perhaps she could do better if her nerves weren't so shot sometimes, but that's a big if....
I feel like these are both pretty popular opinions...

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #192
country flag shoryuken

shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
Justine Henin's retirement days before RG 08 as 3 years reigning champ and heavy favourite is one of the strangest and most suspicious events in sports in a very long time.
this isn't unpopular either
\ /
I V
serenaslam.tumblr.com
shoryuken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #193
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

Kournikova's game is underrated. Her looks gave her millions but kinda messed up what people think about her game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roookie View Post
Serena Williams OWNS an apology for the USTA for her LIES in that NY article where she claimed there's been conspiracies to stop her from winning USO in the past.

Its now a FACT that it was SHE who acted poorly in matches that did not go her way. A 4th title proves her and her stans WRONG...again!!!
You really are fumming aren't you? Serena really has you PRESSED. Your thread got clocked by the mods give it a rest
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #194
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by volta View Post
You really are fumming aren't you? Serena really has you PRESSED. Your thread got clocked by the mods give it a rest
Not at all . I was genuinely happy when she won Olympcis and I thinks its great for the sport to have her still on top in this weak-ass era with no stars. I just think she needs to apologies for her lies. That's all.
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #195
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute

Smashnova would probably be top10 had she played today, most likely peak at top5, with at least a single SF run in a slam, high chances at AO or RG, but USO isn't out of the question either.
she would have reached the QF+, had she not crammped up against Dementieva when the later went on to reach the finals.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote