2012 London Olympics - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 7th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #256
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 London Olympics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Could become a sport for the Scottish ...
Should be a sport down south too... Much less dependant on physical characteristics than the other imported sports.

Do kids still learn Handball on outdoor grass courts in DK? The question of facilities seems moot if thats possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 8th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #257
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think Olympic tennis has been a huge success. Every player that won a medal went nuts. Nobody is going to tell me that this is barely as important as a masters 1000 or premier event after we saw how much it meant to the players. Tennis belongs at the Olympics as far as I'm concerned. I loved it, it was loads of fun.
I agree. But I didn't used to think that. Not that long ago I believed that tennis and other sports shouldn't be part of the Olympics. Olympics were really for track and field .. and a few others (swimmming, gymnatics ..). But I changed my mind just before the Beijing games. It seemed a killjoy attitude to have when it meant so much to the players there.

But I do think players attitudes have changed from less than 10 years ago even.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #258
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

<rant> If Tunisian men want to wrestle other men, they should sign up for the wrestling tournament or oil up and go to Turkey to part take in that creepy oil wrestling, they do over there. Why the whole team wasn't red carded is beyond me ... (yes, I know. I am the only person in the whole world, who watches handball). Now crawl back to the sand hole, you came from </rant>

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #259
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Nicola Sprig (Switzerland) edged Lisa Nordén (Sweden) to win the women's triathlon. But the Swedish Olympic Comitee has filed a complaint that the gold medal should be shared because the difference between the two athletes was less than one hundredth of a second. It's not an unheard of complaint. In the 70s they stopped using thousandths of a second in swimming and if the competitors clocked the same time measured in hundredths of a second, they'd share the medal.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #260
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone see this : In women's hammer throw, apparently there was a measuring malfunction, so one thrower thought she'd won (or won a medal?) and went on the obligatory celebration lap, only to be later informed, the organizers made an error and she didn't win (medal)?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #261
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did anyone see this : In women's hammer throw, apparently there was a measuring malfunction, so one thrower thought she'd won (or won a medal?) and went on the obligatory celebration lap, only to be later informed, the organizers made an error and she didn't win (medal)?
Yeah, I saw it.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lysenko...2279--oly.html
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #262
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
LOL ... thanks CW, comical games. I was searching the British papers, but they've been rather brilliant at sweeping all these scandals well under the carpet. Apparently the mantra goes that if we don't talk about it, it didn't happen

I can understand why the Chinese are rather unhappy about this. When the Chinese thrower had her last attempt, she thought she had already won the bronze ... Makes you wonder, if other things have been measured incorrectly.

Edit : I've read another more detailed report about what happened. It's John Cleese worthy stuff. The German thrower threw exactly the same length as the thrower just before her. That apparently crashed the system.

Only mark the German got was (briefly) one about 5 meters shorter, the length the following thrower reached.

The German thrower was rather unhappy and refused to leave the stadium and kept complaining. The Chinese, who thought she had won bronze, was celebrating running her lap of honour, waving the Chinese flag.

Half an hour after the competition had finished, the organizers / judges finally caved in and agreed to measure the German's last throw manually with a measuring tape. ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Aug 11th, 2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #263
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

So has anybody else watched any taekwondo?

I've watched some of it and thought it was kind of cool.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #264
country flag TennisFan66

Spice girls at the Olympic closing ceremony seriously ... was Tweedy and Tulisa and 1D and some of the Towie 'stars' there too? .... I seriously don't get Britain ... Coldplay is from London .. and where were they?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #265
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spice girls at the Olympic closing ceremony seriously ... was Tweedy and Tulisa and 1D and some of the Towie 'stars' there too? .... I seriously don't get Britain ... Coldplay is from London .. and where were they?
Coldplay? Chris Martin is probably somewhere writing bad poetry about a girl that broke his heart when he was fifteen.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #266
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Coldplay? Chris Martin is probably somewhere writing bad poetry about a girl that broke his heart when he was fifteen.
OI, you Canadian ... XY is imho one of the best albums ever made ... and Coldplay is from London ... instead they chose to show Spice girls ... I mean, seriously ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #267
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OI, you Canadian ... XY is imho one of the best albums ever made ... and Coldplay is from London ... instead they chose to show Spice girls ... I mean, seriously ...
I like their first two albums ok but after a while they just got too mopey. If I feel like cutting myself I'll grab a Cure album thank you very much.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #268
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Both of you guys are arguing over nothing since EVERYone knows that the musical highlight of the OG was Enoch Simpson's closing rendition of "England!England!England!"

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote