Moderation Thread! Suggestions, Questions, Discussions about "Sprechen Sie Deuce" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 15th, 2015, 04:37 PM   #1
country flag Michael!
:)

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Moderation Thread! Suggestions, Questions, Discussions about "Sprechen Sie Deuce"

I have been talking to the admins recently, many posters seem to be unhappy about the current things which are happening in the German subforum.
Some problems won´t get solved with that thread and we will need to perform some different action but this thread is a try to improve the forum climate of the Forum without giving out bans/warnings etc.

Note, this thread is not a thread where we bash other players, this is a thread where we can suggest things, come here to complain about things we are unhappy about or just ask questions whenever we don´t understand something.

It doesn´t matter if in English or German, if you have something to say, then say it and we hopefully find a way to improve things, together!

This way we can make sure that forum issues will stay out of other threads.

One matter (the admins agreed with me here) to discuss here would be the issue about posting livescores, does it make sense to post livescores in the German speaking parts only, where you get into fights most of the time or wouldn´t it be a better idea to use the English livescore threads where you can discuss peacefully with other fans from all over the world.

Last edited by Michael! : Apr 9th, 2015 at 10:50 PM.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2015, 04:43 PM   #2
country flag ~Poseidon~

~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moderation Thread (come here to complain, to suggest, to discuss and to ask)

Ah, der Forenpranger. Das wird spaßig, viel Glück damit.

Ich fange mal an:

Ich hätte gerne freies Popcorn für Sonntage wie diesen.
~Poseidon~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 04:55 PM   #3
country flag Poldo

Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future Poldo has a brilliant future
Re: Moderation Thread (come here to complain, to suggest, to discuss and to ask)

Hatte Katja nicht auch schon mal so einen Thread aufgemacht?
Poldo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 04:57 PM   #4
country flag ~Poseidon~

~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Poseidon~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldo View Post
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=728762
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 04:57 PM   #5
country flag Michael!

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldo View Post
doch, aber jetzt eben nochmal von offizieller Seite, Anregung von den Admins, mal schauen ob es funktionieren kann, wenn nicht, dann lassen wir es, aber bitte einfach versuchen das ernst zu nehmen!
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 05:07 PM   #6
country flag Katja.

Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding the live scores my position is pretty well known, I'm all for keeping it in the threads/forums of the specific player - I think focusing it on one, German-language, thread makes for an uninviting atmosphere for international users that come here and are fans of German players.

A general remark:

In my opinion this sub forum should, as the text says, be For fans of the German players! That obviously does not mean that no one is ever allowed to say anything negative, but persistent trolling, i.e. permanent deriding of German players, revelling in their losses, openly rooting for the Fed Cup team to lose, gloatingly predicting the imminent end of their career and stuff like that should not be tolerated and the headline of the forum should be enforced by you and the admins. It's perfectly fine to dislike German players, but the place to act your disdain for them is not this forum but General Messages.

This place should be a safe haven for For fans of the German players, the way it is handled in other international sub forums. Even for someone like Bouchard, who is widely disliked on TF in general, this gets respected even by people like Trollpova - and the few people who ignore it and come to cause havoc are dealt with swiftly by the admins and moderators.
Katja. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 05:27 PM   #7
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I can only second what Katja said in the second part. As for livescore threads, I try to use both, but it really depends on the day. We all know the fellow German posters quite well so it's nice to have a common thread. Even if most of the explosive stuff this sub is suffering from is happening there, it is still a nice thread quite often. Not sure if it shouldn't be renamed "Aktuelle WTA-Turniere (inkl. Livescores)" though.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 05:30 PM   #8
country flag ~Poseidon~

I love the WTA thread, just for the fact, that it's a place to watch tennis outside of the germans and without the need to interact with the GM-Crowd, a world, I just don't fit in.
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 05:43 PM   #9
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with the WTA thread is that it is obviously an excuse for some posters to show that kind of negativity (or trolling, it doesn't really matter what it is) that would not be tolerated in a player forum.

So it's up to you mod and admin guys whether we could apply the same strict standards to that thread, thereby eliminating those posters.

If yes, then I'm all for keeping that thread.

If no, then it's better to close it. But even then, people here have formed some kind of community that would probably find its outlet again somewhere else, and I don't know how (or why) you could prevent that from happening.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 06:07 PM   #10
country flag chaton

chaton has a brilliant future chaton has a brilliant future chaton has a brilliant future chaton has a brilliant future chaton has a brilliant future chaton has a brilliant future chaton has a brilliant future chaton has a brilliant future chaton has a brilliant future chaton has a brilliant future chaton has a brilliant future

It is simply to difficult to switch always between different threads during different matches going on. So I like the possibility to chat with some other guys in a general WTA thread.
chaton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 06:29 PM   #11
country flag Katja.

Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute Katja. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Poseidon~ View Post
I love the WTA thread, just for the fact, that it's a place to watch tennis outside of the germans and without the need to interact with the GM-Crowd, a world, I just don't fit in.
I don't anybody minds it as a sort of "Off topic" thread (that was its original intention anyway as far as I remember) to discuss the "non-German" players of the WTA - these kind of threads exist in other subforums as well.

The problem is that it is not being treated as that, but rather as a "German GM" - it

a) drags away many discussions from the places where they're supposed to take place

and

b) is seen by some as an invitation to troll and to bash the German players (sometimes to an extent that wouldn't even be tolerated in the wrestling arena that is GM).

And particularly the second point just thwarts the reason why this subforum, like all the other national ones exist in the first place, to have a place to discuss and cheer for your faves without the vitriol that comes with having haters and trolls around.
Old Mar 17th, 2015, 10:02 PM   #12
country flag Michael!

Problem about the "Aktuelle WTA Turniere" Thread is also that it is used as Thread for Everything often, just like a general GM thread, like Katja said.
It is not surprising then that people often fight as they just have different opinions, the "Sprechen Sie Deuce" Thread is for fans of German girls only, true but fans are different + someone might like Sabine and totally dislikes Petkovic but they both discuss in the same thread, that would not happen if both would use the subforums of Sabine and Andrea mostly.
So that´s why it is important objective whenever you use the "Aktuelle WTA Turniere" thread.

and as I said before, posting some reports during the matches of German girls in this thread is fine, exchange of opinions etc. but the thread should not become too general, ultimately we could close all the subforums but I don´t think that many users want that.
So as i said, I think it is most important that people stay objective and that they stay on topic whenever they use one of the "general" threads here in the German forum, for specific talk about players etc. the subforums are obviously the better place.
Old Mar 17th, 2015, 10:36 PM   #13
country flag ~Poseidon~

I don't understand where that threat of closing the subforums comes from again and again.
The subforums are highly frequented, even more, if you compare it to most of the other subforums.
Old Mar 17th, 2015, 10:43 PM   #14
country flag Michael!

Quote:
I don't understand where that threat of closing the subforums comes from again and again.
The subforums are highly frequented, even more, if you compare it to most of the other subforums.
I did not mean it as a thread, the subforums are not in danger, just that it would be an option obviously as some German users seem to prefer to talk about everything in the main forum but as I said, it´s obviously not what the majority wants
Old Mar 17th, 2015, 10:48 PM   #15
country flag Katja.

Quote:
It was just something used to provoke Julia's fans in 2013 during her slump, just like the predicted end of her career etc, that's where that whole stuff came from. In reality, if it went by activity, we would not lose any but get 2 more subforums, Carina and Antonia, who have both more activity in their thread than the likes of Niculescu or the Pliskovas who recently got new forums.

Edit: Not by Michael obviously.