Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 10 - Page 296 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #4426
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 10

Shame, she went for it, could have easily gone in.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #4427
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

well at least she fought

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #4428
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Oh geez. Caro broken for 4-6 3rd set at 30-40 from 15-30 to 30-30 on a 2nd serve. The match was 1 hour 47 minutes long.

Enjoy being Kerber's bitch, Caro.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #4429
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Well, goodbye YEC. But Caro put up a better fight than I expected the last two sets. If only she had broken in the first game of set 3 - where she controlled the decisive points - she might have won the match. It's also a slight encouragement that Caro had the courage to go for a winner on MP, unfortunately she was an inch off.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #4430
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Atleast not a "beat down" as some expected, but the expected loss...
That's true. If we forget about the beat down in set 1. Caro started playing better from 1-6, 2-1 and 0-40 .. still it had the air of inevitability about it. At least imho. But it was really good to see Caro making it a match.

If she can keep this play, I think there's a good chance, she can re-enter top 10 next year (not that it matters to seeding if you're 9 or 12).

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #4431
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, we can officially put all those "maybe somehow..." dreams regarding the YEC to bed. She's not going, period.

I think it's for the better, she would just get her ass kicked anyways.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #4432
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Why the hell is it that Errani and Aga can beat Kerber but not Caro?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #4433
country flag Protoss

Kerber got only 57% of her 1st serves in during the 3rd set but didn't face any break points and was only down 0-30 once.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #4434
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Aww, Caro. However, it was a good effort. Has she not rushed to finish off the point she might have avoided some of those errors.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #4435
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Because they are both better than Caro? That's what the ranking would suggest at least ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #4436
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Because they don't make that many UEs, I guess.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #4437
country flag Protoss

So how many winners and unforced errors for both players? Thanks.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #4438
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She lost to Kerber at a mandatory, Stuttgart and Copenhagen final.
This sport is mental. If you leave what you do well, and try to make a career doing what you're not good at, what do you exect?
This is only possible result from what Caroline tried to do the past year.
She's not going to suddenly become a power player who nails power shots into the corners all match.
Thats never going to happen
But the bigger problem is that all the losing affects your confidence, and she doesnt believe in herself anymore. Thats why her only finals are the smallest tournaments, filled with nonbelieving players
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #4439
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Because they are both better than Caro? That's what the ranking would suggest at least ..
Not really, Venus pummels Errani every time and look where she's ranked.

The big difference is pace, Caro plays with more pace than Aga and Errani, and Kerber struggles a lot against players who play without pace. She likes to use the other players pace to counterpunch.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #4440
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I think that leaving aside that awful first set Caroline played a good match. I think this is the type of tennis she needs to play. Just putting the ball in play and hoping that her opponent will fuck up isn't gonna cut it anymore, at least not against the top players. Too bad that she lost which might her having second thoughts about this more agressive approach, but otherwise Kerber might have won 6-1/6-3 or something like that. That she won't make the YEC was pretty much a foregone conclusion since Caro not only would have needed to do brilliant, the other contenders would all also have to do poorly, which clearly is not happening.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread