Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 10 - Page 103 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #1531
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
You are right of course, but it still sucks ...

With the gap as it is now, Caro cannot just make a QF here and a SF there. She'll need to actually win something (other than perhaps New Heaven or Luxembourg) .. and her form just isn't to it.

Beginning of 2013, she'll most likely be outside of top 10, as she'll miss the YEC and all those nice available points ... Did I say 'sucks'? I meant : Sucks big time.
My biggest concern is not if she's number 10 or number 11 by the end of the year but whether she's improving as a player. I think that after the USO she'll have no pressure anymore in terms of defending points, because from then on she'll be playing for twelve months with a chance of improving on her previous result almost everywhere she goes. As for the YEC - somehow I have a feeling that Kvitova and Li are going to play a good rest of the season. Caro's best chance of qualifying is getting past Errani in my opinion.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #1532
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
The really sad thing is that 8-10 months ago I was wondering when this period would end. The more time passes, the "when" turns into "if"...
Realistically speaking ... and this is just my opinion, the YEC won't be achieved in 2012, why she'll probably drop out of top 10 come early 2013.

However, I wouldn't expect her to fall outside top 20 (currently about 2,000 ranking points). Realistically, Caro will stick around in the #10-15 bracket.

It's just .. celebrating victories against WTA #39 and #55, while making a somewhat fortuitous P5 SF, is so far from the happy days of 2010/2011, it almost feels pointless .. However, it is a good run for 90% of players on the WTA tour and I suppose, we just have to get use to realities as they are now

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #1533
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Caro's best chance of qualifying is getting past Errani in my opinion.
Totally agree. And now I need some sleep. Good night, all

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #1534
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's just .. celebrating victories against WTA #39 and #55, while making a somewhat fortuitous P5 SF, is so far from the happy days of 2010/2011, it almost feels pointless .. However, it is a good run for 90% of players on the WTA tour and I suppose, we just need to get use to realities as they are now
Maybe it's true that she almost overachieved in 2010/2011 and will never get close to that again, maybe she's just another Jankovic/Ivanovic.. I don't know, there's just little to be hopeful looking at how the other players are improving and she's going nowhere. It's certainly not getting any easier next year.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #1535
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Totally agree. And now I need some sleep. Good night, all
Good night everyone. I'm gonna go to bed now as well.

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #1536
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Maybe it's true that she almost overachieved in 2010/2011 and will never get close to that again, maybe she's just another Jankovic/Ivanovic.. I don't know, there's just little to be hopeful looking at how the other players are improving and she's going nowhere. It's certainly not getting any easier next year.
In 2008 & 2009 she actually won titles, made finals (3 titles both year, 4 finals in 2008 & 8 finals in 2009).

She also had a lot more top 30 wins in 2008 and 2009 particularly 2008.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #1537
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Quote:
How long is a piece of string?
Yes, that's a good one.
poulao is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #1538
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
In 2008 & 2009 she actually won titles, made finals (3 titles both year, 4 finals in 2008 & 8 finals in 2009).

She also had a lot more top 30 wins in 2008 and 2009 particularly 2008.
Which is of course further proof that she's not just standing still but actually going backwards.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #1539
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

so far 28-15 wins & losses

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #1540
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Points wise yes, game wise I don't see it. In her 3 matches her serve has been mediocre, today especially. Her forehand keeps being a major issue and her UE numbers are way too high considering her winners number. I don't see any progress.

Apart from that Wimbledon match against Paszek, I haven't seen any signs of improvement. I need a good tournament, 3/4 matches, ala Doha/Dubai last year to believe again that she can get her act together.

And forget about YEC, right now the last thing we want is Caro qualifying, except for a few points, there isn't much to gain there. The surface suits better other players and seriously to see her lose all her matches I'd rather she stayed at home. Let Errani be the punching bag.
Agree with all you said!
And I don't believe in her chances to qualify for the YEC, not with her current form!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #1541
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Please guys, isn't it a bit unfair to look so gloomy on it all? This is not the end of the world as we know it. Caro is still her self and is of to Cincy. We just have to be more realistic, when it comes to Caro's performance.
poulao is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #1542
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulao View Post
Please guys, isn't it a bit unfair to look so gloomy on it all? This is not the end of the world as we know it. Caro is still her self and is of to Cincy. We just have to be more realistic, when it comes to Caro's performance.
Exactly. I was never one of those "I'm sure she's going to win slams" people even when she was on top. She's already achieved more than I thought she would when I first became a fan. Of course we want more. But Serena fans also want (even) more. Cirstea fans also want more. Even Brie Whitehead fans (if there are any) hope for better. But at the end of the day they all have their limits and can only be as good as their talent allows them to be. If in Caroline's case her limit from now on is being a top ten player, so be it. If she somehow manages to win a slam and/or get back into the top five - GREAT. But if not it's not fair to blame her for not being greater than she is. Whether we like it or not, if the likes of Serena, Masha, Petra and Vika continue to do better on the tour than Caroline the're just better players. We all hope that she'll somehow will manage to close the gap between herself and them, but if it doesn't work out for her no matter how hard she tries we shouldn't blame her for it. In that case the're just better players.

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #1543
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Well,this run is actually one of the highlights of her current season. She could have won this match if she only was more consistent so if she improves on that she could just about squeeze in to YEC. She needs very very good results now to do so but it's not impossible.

The loss against Kvitova has shown what has the effort to change her approach to a more aggressive one really done to her game. I cannot imagine the old Caro making so many careless mistakes and imploding during rallies.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #1544
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Agree with all you said!
And I don't believe in her chances to qualify for the YEC, not with her current form!
Let's hope she finds some inspiration before the end of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulao View Post
Yeah, well I'm not one to be overly dramatic, but Goerges is looming in her quarter so unless Ivanovic takes her out, let's forget about Cincy already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well,this run is actually one of the highlights of her current season.
The loss against Kvitova has shown what has the effort to change her approach to a more aggressive one really done to her game. I cannot imagine the old Caro making so many careless mistakes and imploding during rallies.
The worrying thing to me isn't that she's making UE because she's trying to be more agressive, that I can understand, it's the UE that are coming from basic shots, shots that aren't agressive at all. Just rallying points which she used to be so good at. She used to run down balls like nobody else, now there are times when I feel she gives up the point before it's over.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #1545
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Let's hope she finds some inspiration before the end of the year

Yeah, well I'm not one to be overly dramatic, but Goerges is looming in her quarter so unless Ivanovic takes her out, let's forget about Cincy already!

The worrying thing to me isn't that she's making UE because she's trying to be more agressive, that I can understand, it's the UE that are coming from basic shots, shots that aren't agressive at all. Just rallying points which she used to be so good at. She used to run down balls like nobody else, now there are times when I feel she gives up the point before it's over.
I'm not sure where the inspiration will come. Her peers' success hasn't seemed to inspire her nor did Rory's past success. Then again New Haven and the US Open were kind of a weird run of good run of relative to most of the 2nd half of last year.

I'd kind of say Ivanovic is a better hard court player than Goerges. In any event, Caro lost to Ivanovic in her last match in Indian Wells by a score worse than she ever lost to Goerges (6-3 6-2).

That's the perplexing thing. Is it a low confidence thing? A lack of focus? Inadequate training?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread