Kiri representing her country in the '12 London OLYMPICS - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 10:45 PM   #151
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kiri representing her country in the '12 London OLYMPICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
oh dear, the schedule for tomorrow!!

kiri vs. vika is scheduled as the first match on court 1, start at 12:00

....maria/nadia vs. williams/williams then as the 4th match on the CC, right before serena's gold medal match

that means that the already tired kiri will be even more tired, going into that important doubles semifinal, while serena can take a rest
why not kiri-vika, then serena-masha, and later the doubles match?..
I guess also serena herself would prefer to play her singles final first, and then the doubles semifinal
Why do the men get a day off before their gold medal match? Did the ITF and the other idiots who put this horrific schedule together think the men are playing best of 5 sets at the Olympics? I am really sick with this crap and now Kiri will have to play a huge doubles match after playing Vika for the bronze. Damn.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 11:01 PM   #152
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

I share your frustration, but the men's gold match is actually best-of-5 unlike the rest of the tournament.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #153
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
I share your frustration, but the men's gold match is actually best-of-5 unlike the rest of the tournament.
I thought the Olympicmen's final might be best of 5 sets. Yuck. Crazy.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #154
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well. Maria broken for 0-3 2nd set at 30-40 from 15-40. Maria lost the 1st set 6-3.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #155
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Maria fighting as she breaks for 3-3 2nd set. Hold Maria.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #156
country flag Protoss

Argh. Maria broken for 3-4 2nd set from 0-30 to 15-30 as Maria double faults twice in the game. Break Maria.

Last edited by Protoss : Aug 4th, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #157
country flag Protoss

Azarenka holds for 5-3 2nd set at 2nd Ad Azarenka from 40-15 to 40-40 to Ad Azarenka to 40-40. Hold Maria.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #158
country flag Protoss

Maria holds for 4-5 2nd set at 40-15. Break Maria.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #159
country flag Protoss

Oh no. Azarenka holds for 6-4 2nd set at 40-30 from 30-0 to 30-15 to 40-15. The match was 1 hour 28 minutes long.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #160
country flag sheeta
Lifetime Member

sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice sheeta is just really nice

Poor Kiri The schedule of the Olympics is terrible. Her next doubles match hope to be fine, she can win it

Victoria Azarenka Maria Kirilenko Petra Kvitová Angelique Kerber Simona Halep
sheeta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #161
country flag totauk

totauk is an unknown quantity at this point

Shame. 4th is still more than most expected so she mustn't be too disappointed.

Hopefully her performance will mean more of her future games will be featured on TV.
totauk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #162
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice

She still has 2 chances for a medal in doubles. Lets hope for the best!
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #163
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Doubles coming up on center court.

Finally Maria on US TV!
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #164
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeta View Post
Poor Kiri The schedule of the Olympics is terrible. Her next doubles match hope to be fine, she can win it
I am beyond frustrated with the Olympic schedule. The awful ITF let's Olympic tennis get treated like a bush league sport. I thought Vika would routine Kiri today because Kiri is shot and she did. Kiri has nothing left. What the hell, Maria managed on consecutive days to beat Amazon's the Gorgeous One Julia with the huge serve, Petra Kvitova with her huge game and then she got pounded by Big Maria and all her power. All the while Makiri was playing doubles matches after her singles matches to help tire her out. The poor girl is worn down and has nothing left in my opinion. I would be shocked if Kiri and Nadia beat the Williams sisters. Serena will be fired up after her gold medal singles win and she will want to win doubles gold for her sister Venus. I doubt the Russian dua would be able to beat Raymond and Huber for the bronze for that matter as Kiri will be tired and frustrated how much tennis she has had to play in a few days. This might look lik it's ending up on a bad note for Maria but she did make the semi's in singles and doubles which is a rare feat in Olympic tennis. My main concern now is not whether Kiri medals in doubles but that she rests for a week or 2 after her tournament is done so she can come back fired up to play a shortened hardcourt season. Makiri has taken her game to a new level and it's time she expects herself to play like she's a top 10 player whether she's in the top 10 or not. But her lack of size against the big girls will always be an issue. I wish Kiri played 15 or 20 years ago. She would have had a muchn easier time winning back then.

P.S. - I am also frustrated I have seen nothing of Kiri's fine play on TV this Olympics. I can't find her doubles semifinal with the Williams sisters anywhere. Again tennis gets treated like crap by the networks. But I sure can find alot of Olympic sports I care nothing about.

Last edited by the cat : Aug 4th, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #165
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
Doubles coming up on center court.

Finally Maria on US TV!
Where on U.S. TV?