Kiri representing her country in the '12 London OLYMPICS - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #1
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute
Kiri representing her country in the '12 London OLYMPICS

Kiri's quarter.

Maria Kirilenko vs Mariana Duque-Marino
Silvia Soler Espinosa vs Heather Watson
Varvara Lepchenko vs Veronica Cepede Royg
Agnieszka Radwanska vs Julia Goerges

Great 2 rounds but then it gets tricky.

Doubles draw.

(1)Huber/Raymond v BYE
Radwanska/Radwanska v Cibulkova/Hantuchova
Goerges/Gronefeld v Baltacha/Keothavong
Gajdosova/Rodionova v (6)Makarova/Vesnina

(4)Hlavackova/Hradecka v Babos/Szavay
Li/Zhang v Dulko/Suarez
Chakravarthi/Mirza v Chuang/Hsieh
Medina Garrigues/Parra Santonja v (7)Pennetta/Schiavone

(8)Llagostera Vives/Martinez Sanchez v Dellacqua/Stosur
Peng/Zheng v Cornet/Mladenovic
Shvedova/Voskoboeva v Dubois/Wozniak
Jans-Ignacik/Rosolska v (3)Kirilenko/Petrova

(5)Kerber/Lisicki v Robson/Watson
Cirstea/Halep v Williams/Williams
Chakhnashvili/Tatishvili v Klepac/Srebotnik
Cetkovska/Safarova v (2)Errani/Vinci

Sadly with either the WS or Errani-Vinci in the semis I don't see much of a chance for a medal.

GOOD LUCK! Davai Russia.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #2
country flag Vikkiri.

Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of
Re: Kiri representing her country in the '12 London OLYMPICS

Lets do this Kiri !
With Nadia, they have a pretty good draw for the semi.
Vikkiri. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #3
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

In singles, she potentially has another shot at AgRad in 3R. I'm actually happy to see this because I feel she deserved a better Wimbledon. And remember what happened when she drew Stosur twice right after losing that thrilling US Open match?

As for doubles, she still has a great chance to medal. The semis will be tough, but (1) they can still beat the sisters & the Italians, and (2) you can still get bronze when losing in the semis. I was annoyed to see they drew the Kazakhs in R2, probably the toughest unseeded team after the Williams. Bad luck again after Wimbledon. But at least they're in a different quarter from the Williams sisters.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #4
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
In singles, she potentially has another shot at AgRad in 3R. I'm actually happy to see this because I feel she deserved a better Wimbledon. And remember what happened when she drew Stosur twice right after losing that thrilling US Open match?

As for doubles, she still has a great chance to medal. The semis will be tough, but (1) they can still beat the sisters & the Italians, and (2) you can still get bronze when losing in the semis. I was annoyed to see they drew the Kazakhs in R2, probably the toughest unseeded team after the Williams. Bad luck again after Wimbledon. But at least they're in a different quarter from the Williams sisters.
that's exactly what I think too

I like her draw, could have been much worse!
She should or could reach R3 to get that great opportunity to take revenge on aga. I would love to see that rematch, this it's gonna be interesting. yeah, just remember how motivated she was to beat stosur after that close loss at the us open last year, kiri was totally on fire
..but let's see how things are going, aga has a tough 1st round, and kiri probably has to beat local player heather watson first

and in the doubles, the chances to get bronze are given! if they should get in the small final, they won't have to play neither the williams' nor errani/vinci there!

so let's keep fingers crossed, DAVAI maria!!!

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #5
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Ok draw in singles for Maria.

Good luck in singles and doubles Maria.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #6
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Maria/Petrova up 2-1 3rd set (on serve). Maria/Petrova lost the 1st set 7-6 (5) but won the 2nd set 6-3.

Last edited by Protoss : Jul 28th, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #7
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Maria/Petrova up 2-1 3rd set (on serve). Maria/Petrova lost the 1st set 7-6 (5) but won the 2nd set 6-3.
maria/nadia are leading *3-1 now in the 3rd set! DAVAI

Old Jul 28th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #8
country flag peterlein

4-1*
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #9
country flag peterlein

*4-2...now hold girls!
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #10
country flag Protoss

Maria/Petrova hold for 5-2 3rd set. Break for the match Maria/Petrova.
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #11
country flag peterlein

MP!!
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #12
country flag peterlein

YESSSSSSSSS, Kiri/Nadia take the win in three, 6-7, 6-3 and 6-2

next: Shvedova/Voskoboeva
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #13
country flag Protoss

Great job Maria/Petrova.
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #14
country flag YouGottaSeeHer

YouGottaSeeHer is an unknown quantity at this point

Top stuff. Hope Kiri gets off to a good start in the singles.
YouGottaSeeHer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #15
country flag peterlein

ok, so tomorrow maria starts her olympic adventure in singles as well

she plays the 2nd match on court 16

Court 16 Start: 11:30

Women's Singles - 1st Round

Varvara LEPCHENKO (USA) V Veronica CEPEDE ROYG (PAR)

Women's Singles - 1st Round

Maria KIRILENKO (RUS) [14] V Mariana DUQUE-MARINO (COL)

it's the very first meeting between kiri and duque-marino, who is currently worlds no. 117 (best ranking 94, feb 2010) ...she reached QF at bogota and acapulco in february, played on ITF circuit in march and from then she didn't win a match in a main draw..

let's hope for a good start in singles too!

Davai Maria!!